It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can the U.S. Government Hire Illegal Immigrants to perform Government Jobs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I live in the Central Valley in California and I constantly see what appear to be illegal immagrants performing Parks and Rec. Jobs for the local and state government.

My question is this; is it legal for our government to hire illegal immigrants to perform government jobs.

If I can prove that government jobs are being given to illegal immigrants who can I report this to if the local, state and federal government are hiring them? Who will listen?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Call the Minutemen. I'm sure they will tell you what to do.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
unfortunately, the Minuteman Project is only on the U.S. boarders right now. Although they also wanted to attempt to stop American businesses from hiring illegals, as far as I know they have made no such attempts, yet.

There is the Minuteman's Website

www.minutemanproject.com...

As I said in my first post, this is happening as far as I can tell, with GOVERNMENT JOBS, and not just American Businesses.

Nice try though Ceci, anyone else have advice for me?

mod edit to fix link

[edit on 25-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
I live in the Central Valley in California and I constantly see what appear to be illegal immagrants performing Parks and Rec. Jobs for the local and state government.

What is it about these people that make them appear to be illegal aliens? I didn't know you could tell just by looking. Are you living in a small town where you know eveyone but these people? Do they speak something other than English? Can they speak English?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I tried talking to a group of them(4 or 5) but none of them spoke english. This is what peaked my interest. While I understand that you don't have to speak english to be an american I found it interesting that None of them spoke english.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
They could be citizens or legal aliens. I complained at a supermarket here in Texas about the nightstockers. I was assured that the stockers were citizens and could speak English. Most don't want to and will pretend they can't.

I asked, "Then why do you hire them?" Their reply was no one else wants to work for minimun wage. Go figure.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Personally, I doubt that was the case here, that they just didnt want to speak english. I have Mexican-American friends (fluent in spanish) who think the exact same way I do about these "illegals" taking these government jobs. Government jobs have government benefits, these are good jobs, that is the reason why I am frustrated with this.

Is there anyone to report this to?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
LowOrbit, It is my guess that the workers you saw were contract workers hired by a labor contractor and not actually government workers.

What do you think about undocumented people being in the military. They are you know, serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
LowOrbit, It is my guess that the workers you saw were contract workers hired by a labor contractor and not actually government workers.

What do you think about undocumented people being in the military. They are you know, serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Immigrants in the military are documented just like the rest of the members of the armed services, why would you think otherwise? Do you think the US Military doesn't keep records of these immigrants?

I think it is wonderful that these immigrants(they are not illegal) are working hard and even sacrificing their own lives for the good of the US and their families back home. These patriots are doing it the legal way. How do you think these people(immigrants in the Military) feel about the people that don't obey the system and sneak across the border. Do you think these patriots feel that they are getting a bad deal? ? ?

Anyways, if you READ the Title of the thread it is about "ILLEGAL" immigrants taking Government Jobs.

Can the US use "ILLEGAL" immigrants if it is "contracted" by an American business? I would love to know the answer of it.

Please keep this post on the subject matter provided in the Title and first post respectively. Thank you.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well, Low Orbit, you might try contacting the media. Other than that, you might try ICE (US Immigration and Customs Enforcement ).

Be aware that the fact they didn't speak English could be just that they were messing with you. I hung out with a bunch of Hispanics in Miami. They would pull that on the police all the time.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
the media, there is an idea I like. I'm going to have to get better proof than what I have if I want to go to the media. Im going to see if I can go over there with one of my friends who is fluent in spanish and Ill see if I can get any of them on video. We'll see if I can find them again.

top topics

join