It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Trees Snapped like Toothpicks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Take a Peek

www.news-miner.com...#

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Isn't HAARP in Alaska? Or, maybe BigFoot went Ape S#%t.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
this same thing happened in china,.. ill try to find a link about it. The whole village needed to repair their houses after some sort of blast. There was a huge round field with snapped trees after that blast..

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
the trees are just knocked over there are no burn marks . so this is not an explosion. i wonder if some sort of vehicle did this . are there any witnesses ?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Now that's freaking weird.

If the microburst theory is true, I don't think anyone could have "witnessed" it, or at least, be alive to talk about it later, seeing how it crunched trees this huges.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   

the trees are just knocked over there are no burn marks . so this is not an explosion. i wonder if some sort of vehicle did this . are there any witnesses ?

it might be some sort of craft being tested or something out of this world.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
or it could jus tbe a wind phenomena. everyone here always jumps to crazy solutions instead of looking for the most simple solution. I saw a program on Discovery on immens windshear that have leveled large areas of forest like an atomic blast. This sort of stuff happens naturally in mother nature...get a grip.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Microbursts have been responsible for a lot of damage sometimes attributed to tornados. They've downed a number of planes -- I remember when Doppler radar first came out; the first reliable way of detecting them.

So no, I'm not surprised that it'd be a microburst event. They really do look like a tornado touchdown or meteor touchdown.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
A microburst is obviously a weather condition....and HAARP has to do with controlling weather from what I've read...so does the answer lie here?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
by the way if you actually read the article it states;

Microbursts are rare weather phenomena that produce tornado-force winds in an isolated area during a thunderstorm by creating a rapid, downward burst of air that spreads out and picks up even more speed when it hits the ground, according to meteorologist Tim Shy at the National Weather Service in Fairbanks.

top topics

join