It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts: Hurricane Season Won‘t Match 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I was happy to find the headine news story coming out of Miami 6 minutes ago.

ABC NEWS STORY

MIAMI May 22, 2006 (AP)— A hectic, above-normal tropical storm season could produce between four and six major hurricanes in the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico this year, but conditions don't appear ripe for a repeat of 2005's record activity, the National Hurricane Center predicted Monday.

The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 to Nov. 30. The names chosen for 2006 storms are: Alberto, Beryl, Chris, Debby, Ernesto, Florence, Gordon, Helene, Isaac, Joyce, Kirk, Leslie, Michael, Nadine, Oscar, Patty, Rafael, Sandy, Tony, Valerie and William.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. I do not think our economy could handle a repeat blow of last years fury.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That's does sound like good news, however I have to keep in mind that last year NHC and other forecasters predicted only about 15 named storms, 8 hurricanes, 4 of which were to be major. While the conditions may not be the exact same as last year, factors change daily and with rising water temps and lower shear, I'm expecting another busy season. Hopefully it will be tropical storms and not hurricanes, but the potential for rapid development and intensity imo is still there.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Funny how different sources come up with different stuff... link Go figure... huh?

Victor K.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It's just how the reporters want to run with it, all the major forecasters seem to be in agreement. Very Active Year, but not Super Active like last year.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
WW I checked AccuWeathers 2006 Hurricane Forecast and it shows your area is predicted high for the possibility of a severe hit later in the season.

I realize all these forecast are just that but everyone needs to be preparing for the worst.

Take a look:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
bad news for me, but no worries, remember I'm an ATS member, I'm as prepared for anything. Actually I took advantage of the hurricane tax holiday thing and saved a few cents on replenishing my batteries supply today. Floridians should take advantage of this small tax break, pennies do add up, buy between now and June 1st.

[edit on 5-22-2006 by worldwatcher]

top topics

join