It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacific Northwest Reservoirs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Greetings...

I've been watching these teacup diagrams for the past month or so for the following Pacific Northwest areas:
Upper Snake - Boise-Payette - Yakima - Umatilla - S.E. Oregon -Tualatin - Rogue - Deschutes

Is the amount in these resevoirs normal for this time of year? Some have been filling over 100%.

Anyone here from these areas who are seeing any flooding?

All posts are greatly appreciated...God Bless

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I moved from Seattle about 6 months ago. From what my mom tells me, they had one hell of a winter with heavy duty rains, and there was flooding in several rivers in the area.

These full resiviors are a good thing. I know we have been needing the rain badly.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I live here and yes, we've had lots and lots of rain. However, I have seen much worse winters with respect to flooding.

And having full reservoirs is a good thing so I'm not complaining!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Down here in SW Idaho, we've been in a drought for the last 6 years and this was the most snow we've had in any winter during that time. Yea, the rivers and resoviors are a little more full than normal right now, but it's anything but a bad thing

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Full? Ha! We just got put on a watering restriction.

Of course they do that every year...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Full? Ha! We just got put on a watering restriction.

Of course they do that every year...

This is true. The flooding is mainly due to the rapidly melting snow/ice up in the mountain's. Last week they had a flood warning in I think 5 or more of the river's on the eastside of the state.

top topics

join