It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 year old mother in Britain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So she gets an instant coucil house and all the kid's needs will be paid for out of the taxpayer's pocket.

They should also start drafting his ASBO right now, doubtless another future problem for an already decaying society.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Wrong. The 11 year old was drunk. Maybe, I say again, Maybe she had no control of the situation. She could have been taken advantage of, we may never know what really happened that night.

sad situation, very sad.

I don't see the sadness in the situtation. She continues to smoke cigarettes and probably still goes to parties and gets drunk. Will you still call it sad as in emotional terms?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
I don't see the sadness in the situtation. She continues to smoke cigarettes and probably still goes to parties and gets drunk. Will you still call it sad as in emotional terms?

It is sad that she never had proper parenting. It is sad that she expects to raise a child when she is just a child herself. It is sad that, in this day and age, no one knew enough of this child's life to report her mother to the authorities.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

There are probably 11 year olds that play chicken and get hit by cars.. or accept candy from strangers and get kidnapped.. actual parenting helps to minumalise these things. This is a child.. she does not know any better.. obviously she's been unsupervised enough to become a heavy smoker [her mum must have allowed it- thats alot of 'going out for some fresh air' breaks] and was also 'alloud' to get drunk and pregnant. IMO.. not only do I think her child should be adopted out.. but she should be adopted/fostered out as well.. no point encouraging the cycle. 'Grandma' has proven herself to be neglectful.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by riley]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

She is a baby. She needed a mother and a Dad, not a "friend" to do drugs, drink and smoke with. She never was taught how to do the right things. She is as much a victim as the child she is carrying

Her mother should be the one being punished. She needs to have her child taken away and put in jail for the things I stated earlier.

Editing to add: Sad thing is she isn't even old enough to *babysit*. Barely old enough to be left at home without a parent or sitter herself! Now she is going to be responsible for a child

I hate to say it, but the 11 year old and the baby need to be moved into a foster home. Someone needs to teach her how to be a responsible adult

[edit on 5/19/2006 by llpoolej]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Taken from the article:

And she added: "I feel like I'm being picked on because of my age but I love kids and I think being a mum will come naturally.

"If they take my baby away from me and my family I'll end up really depressed."

"I love KIDS"??? She IS a kid!!!

Now I know there's a lot of sick people out there (especially in Britain), I can't believe that there are people sick enough to be depressed because a 11 girl is'nt allowed to grow a child on her own. You britons make me
!

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
''i didn't think i could get pregnant cause it was my first time'' what sort of ignorant rubbish is that.

i think with all these teenage pregnancies in britian, or maybe just england, which is 40,000 a year, i think we need sex education earlier. teach kids from 5, teach them where they come from, not neccesarily how you'd give a girl the ride of her life...but you know the basics. then start teaching them about pregnancy, std's and so on.

the fact she thought she couldn't get pregnant because it was her first time, is basically proof that teenagers and children need to be educated more on the subject. if you sugar coat sex and wrap your kids in blankets when it comes to them being sexually active, and yes some are at 11...then they're not going to know the risks.

the mother should also be keeping an eye on her child...20 ciggarettes a day. it's sick. that's awful parenting, and what sort of mother will the 11 year old grow up to be if that's her role model in her life.

poor parenting and poor eduction is not a nice mix. needs to be sorted.

*edit*

and guys for godsake use a condom!! it takes about 5 seconds. the 15 year old guy is just as ignorant as the girl.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by shaunybaby]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
ugh! sometimes the british disgust me.....

I dont know whats worse.....11 year old pregnancies or the peculiar habbit off sucking their thumbs into their pre-teens.

and yes, I have seen british school children suck their thumbs like babies until 13 years old in britain.

use to be quite a laugh as that would practicly be asking for death in an american school.

anyway, thats why the british have bucked teeth and otherwise bad teeth.....

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

It is sad that she never had proper parenting. It is sad that she expects to raise a child when she is just a child herself. It is sad that, in this day and age, no one knew enough of this child's life to report her mother to the authorities.

True, and who do you believe is the main fellony in all of this? Who bears the guilt and blame for all this 'sadness'?

Btw: I'd also have to say, she haven't messed up her life yet. Your definition of a messed up life is exaggerated. A messed up life would be when the individual's fate is on a straight line following bad karma. She can still save herself, and in my opinion 11 years is mature enough to begin thinking for yourself anyhow.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by Volatile]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Lets remember that this abuse and lack of parenting happens all over the world. So let's not turn this into a "you British make me sick" type situation.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I'm sure the feelin' is mutual at this point.

No it isn't. There are a variety of factors that contribute to the stereotypically manky british smile. The culture is slightly different, to the point where teeth are not so obsessed over. My mum's got rotten teeth from the water in Scotland, I guess it has a tendency to leech the minerals and cause weakness. She's not overly sensitive about it, it's just a hassle brought on by factors entirely outside of her control.

There's certainly more to it than thumb-sucking, I'm amazed anyone could think otherwise.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
While doing my MSc in London, I encountered many "strange" young girl behaviours:

1) one night as I was going home after cinema, some 12 yolds standing on the fence of their house proposed me a bl..job.

2) many times young drunk girls approached me and my friends on saturday nights with shocking proposals.

3) every other day I saw very young girls with babies.

4) another saturday night in campus, I was discussing with some friends religious issues, when a window opened in the nearby flat and a girl shouted "somebody to # me"!!!

I am not from UK, but I think they lost the family values. UK families may be quite "disconnected". Generally the UK society seemed to me 'morally bankrupt', but I can not say that I had a really good idea about what goes on...maybe my sample was very small.

Mod edit: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

[edit on 19-5-2006 by sanctum]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allah the moon god
I must confess the age of consent around the world can be a puzzling thing.

I hesitate to mention a country by name as it is a most confusing subject, depending on age, type of sex (M+M, F+F and M+F) and whether they are married. Go on do a google.

Thought I saw a guide to this on my favourite sick T-shirt site... hang on a moment... here you are:

Mod edit: Removed off topic and irrelevant link.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

I'm sure the feelin' is mutual at this point.

No it isn't. There are a variety of factors that contribute to the stereotypically manky british smile. The culture is slightly different, to the point where teeth are not so obsessed over. My mum's got rotten teeth from the water in Scotland, I guess it has a tendency to leech the minerals and cause weakness. She's not overly sensitive about it, it's just a hassle brought on by factors entirely outside of her control.

There's certainly more to it than thumb-sucking, I'm amazed anyone could think otherwise.

There is nothing wrong with Scottish water. No chemical bs in our water. So shush.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

I dont know whats worse.....11 year old pregnancies or the peculiar habbit off sucking their thumbs into their pre-teens.

and yes, I have seen british school children suck their thumbs like babies until 13 years old in britain.

use to be quite a laugh as that would practicly be asking for death in an american school.

Ahh, I guess this is when the British bashing starts...
Racist.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I didn't say there were chemicals in the water (though technically there are, well, at least a couple of artificial chemicals, flouride and chlorine, right?). She's always blamed the water in her town, and remember, this was before fluoridation and widespread access to dental care.

Maybe it's her love of sweets, or bad genetics, or a combination of the two, I don't know. Sorry, didn't mean to add another generalization in the process of correcting one.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by Russian soldier
if I find out about this happening in Russia, I will be very very sad

Please tell me you are not thinking that this sort of thing HAS'NT happened in Russia yet?
I'm sure we all could find news articles on kids way younger than that getting into not so nice situations in not just your country, but every country.

As you say, it happens all over the world and on this occasion it just so happens to be the UK thats in the spotlight for it. I agree a lot of the time it is the parents to blame, however there comes a time when it's not always so easy to know what your kids are doing, where they are and who they are with. You just want to hope and pray they are in with the right crowd and they are totaly honest about thier activities away from you, and if they are 100% honest i'd be very suprised. Even the most polite, disciplined of kids can go off the rails at a very young age.

Census, i know i've been slated for making this assumption before but i take it you don't have kids yet? Apologies if i am wrong, but after a post like that i'd imagine i am right. Yes it's not right that this has happened, and yes the mum does'nt exactly seem that responsible either, but you still don't treat people as if they were a piece of dirt. One thing i've learnt in life is that you should try your best not judge people straight away on what you see and hear. Theres always another story and sometimes that story kind of makes the tragedy of the situation seem more understandable. I looked after kids in care for 7 years and it could have been easy to target them because of thier actions, yet when you looked at thier homelife and history, you kind of understood why they'd become so messed up.

I pray your kids don't find themselves in a difficult situation like this one day, what chance would they have knowing they'd be instantly sterilysed and put in a yard of puppies!

CX.

[edit on 19/5/06 by CX]

I KNOW this happens in Russia, in case you didn't read my entire reply, I just havn't heard it on the news, cuz if I do, I'll be very sad. It happens in ALL countries. I'm not denying that.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You know in almost every case children who are this messed up at this young of an age never can escape that lifestyle. I honestly believe we should put them in reducation centers where they can later be raised into special forces soldiers. Just about every junkie I have known had started at this young age, and just about every parent of children like this I have met also started the same way. Why should we continue to allow people who will only destroy their own lives continue to live that way?

If we are going to spend up to hundreds of thousands of dollars on a single case, which will a mojity of the time only end up living off the taxpayers for the rest of their lives, they may as well being made into something useful that will benefit the nation. Now if they are one of the rare cases which ends up turning their lives around, they will be able to integarte into society with strong discipline, self defense, and an educational experience that only the world could have taught.

It appears cold and inhuman at first thought, but what is really cold and inhumane? Allowing these children to continue to live as scum for the rest of their lives, and raise more children that may also end up like scum (eithery way they will not grow up very happy) off of our money, or do we give them training, educate them on the worlds cultures and ideologies, and train them to defend their nation, as well as discipline that can carry them on through life. The liklihood of them falling into a life of drugs, violence, and uselessness is alot less likely given the scenario I just outlined.

You want to talk about a lost childhood? THEY HAVE ALREADY LOST THEIR CHILDHOOD!! THEY ARE SMOKING, DRINKING, DOING DRUGS AND BE RAISED IGNORANT OF THE WORLD WHILE THEY GIVE BIRTH TO ANOTHER GENERATION OF THE SAME THING!!!

In fact I would not be surprised at all if cases like this are already and have been being utilized by our government for years for the exact same purpose I just outlined. We can watch them waste away and give birth to more that will follow suit, or we can try to reducate them in a way that will have a higher success and more purpose in life.

Please seriously consider what I am saying before you all start flaming.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I don't see why you guys are blaming Brittian. It happens in ALL COUNTRIES. Some countries have this more then others. I'm 100% sure there are countries where this happens more often then Brittian (3rd world countries, at least some of them, for example)

What does groping mean? I saw this word mentioned in one of the replies.

Do you guys know what the youngest mother ever was?

PS: 3 are at fault: Mother for bad raising, girl for poor decision making, boy for irresponsibility. Guilty as charged!lol
just kidding, for real, this situation is

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
ok a little less attitude of 'britain is # would be a little better. i mean it is a little bit, but there's also good here. you can't just blame britain for an 11 year old getting pregnant. what that comes down to is poor sex education, poor parenting, and a general poor attitude that teenagers have today. that's got nothing to do with britain as a whole, it's got everything to do with attitude. attitudes take time to change...it will be a long time before britain changes, if at all.

it has nothing to do with the majority of people in britain, but there is a youth culture bringing down britain. we have the highest rate of teenage pregnancy in europe.

also walking through the streets at night you'll witness the binge drinking culture, yobbish youth and quite frankly the streets at night look like a toilet.

living in london or other cities, or any place where there may be gangs, youths and whatnot out at night, stay around long enough you'll get mugged, beaten up, happy slapped, taunted and so on.

we're headed for a pretty grim future. this is the reality of britain.

this country will be great...when it's finished.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join