It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas on what to do if you see any strange creature/beast/presence/animal/ect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What would you do if you see any animal u think could be a new species,hybrid or beast.

Id say if its bigger than you run,smaller, kill it,to fast set out traps

what do you think

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Chop it's head off, have it stuffed, and then mounted on the fireplace wall.

Exactly what I would do, after shooting it dead first of course.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
yea but if you chop its head off it might look fake

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Always carry a 'grab bag' of a handgun and 50 rounds of ammo. Don't know any monster that bullets can't penetrate.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Dal, they won't think it is fake when I hand out some creature jerkey, now will they.
Wanna see the head? I stuffed it just last week, I got my limit. But the DNR said they never seen no big flying scorpion tailed manti thingy like that before.

So what, I shot them around that Niburu rock...

[edit on 14-5-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, if it's like my last experience with a weird varmit ......

There will be no other witnesses. My neighbors will be away for the day, my husband at work, the kids at school. ( The old horse was there and he was TERRIFIED)

There will be no ammo at hand, except for that ancient black powder pistol......an I ain't touchin that!

No film in one camera, the battery dead on the other....

No bucket big enough to catch it in.....no way to 'tie it down' till others arrive.

And then no one will believe that the Monster Snapping Turtle from He** came strolling thru the pasture one day. ( He was as big as a bushel basket, could have bitten off a hand in one chomp! He hissed like a snake, and had a tail like a dragon. The dogs wouldn't go near him, and the horse ran and hid........sigh, and me with no video!!)

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
risk your life an attack it. id have my hand get bit off before letting it gett away, they could test me for saliva samples if they want.

plus it would be a great story

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
taking of my gung ho hat for just one second .

if you are unarmed / have no camera etc -- what are you going to do -- it could be dangerous , even if its totally mundane , like :

a rabid fox

a dog with canine distemper

an injured cougar

will make a mess of a human if the get suprise on you -- and there are ALOT of infections you can get from an encounter with a sick animal

best thing to do is just walk away -- and then , in the cold light of day next morning -- return with a friend , a camera , video and ruller , some bags [ to collect spoor / dander etc ] and survery the area properly and methodically

if you can find evidence whic does not match know local fauna . then you have something to show people -- when you take the investigation to the next level

otherwise you are left with a twee annecdote -- nothing more " i wallked in the woods and got scared " is your peronal experience -- not evidence

if thats all you have

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Always carry a phone with a camera so you can put blury fake looking pictures on the internet

If its small try to catch it.. if its too big atleast try to take pictures (:
If its intelligent ask for its e-mail

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Try to catch it, alive. That's what i'd do, but i've worked with lots of animals, so i'm experienced in capture techniques. If i come across bigfoot I'll try and catch it somehow, drag it home and take pics.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i wouldnt want to gung ho to catch that thing if it does bite your handoff then what proof will you have a bloody stump for a hand who will believe that some strange animal bit your handoff i know i wouldnt id think your crazy and it was an accident but to cover it up you made up some strange story

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
make it a peace offering, befriend it and the SMASH IT OVER THE HEAD AS HARD AS I COULD AND SET IT ABLAZE.

If its not from here then it has NO business being here and if some poor ass sorry little alien wonders into my pumpkin patch, Ill chrome that little son of a bitch....There are MUCH safer places for these types then my land

You gotta set an example, incase his buddies are watching...they probably are...there aliens....

NO TIME for offworlders or any little beasties for that matter.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Census]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1

What's a varmit?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I would always carry a tranquilizer gun with me and i would film myself shooting it. I would take it home and take non-blurry pics of him , then when he would awake, i would set him free in a convined but very big forest..soo if anybody wants to see him i know exactly where he/she is

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian IX

Originally posted by frayed1

What's a varmit?

That would be a 'hill' colloquialism for:

varmint

n 1: an irritating or obnoxious person [syn: vermin] 2: any usually predatory wild animal considered undesirable; e.g. coyote [syn: varment]
( def. as per Dictionary.com)

Did you think I'd misspelled it??!! LOL!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Kill the bugger, cut it up into one inch cubes, slide the cubes on a sishkabob skewer with little onions, baby patatos, barbaque that rascal and serve with a nice salad. That Paul Neuman dressing is real good.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
So, I guess you are all assuming it is a violent creature? Otherwise, killing it would just be stupidity.

What is this obsession with killing? I am a hunter and have been since the age of 12 but I've never even considered killing anything that wasn't legal game in season. And that is when I can clearly identify it and I know it's safe to shoot. I've chased 450lb Bears that were getting into my shed at night in my underwear. How they got into my underwear I'll never know. But seriously, when I chased them, they ran away, just as I knew they would.

Now then, if you are saying this thing is looking like it's gonna pounce and rip your throat out, then by all means blast it!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'd take pics/video.

Now, if it was a supernatural creature capable of ripping my head off, then I'd want to stay away from it.

But if it's something strange that wouldn't hurt me (or looks like it wouldn't), then I'd go in for a closer look.

I'll keep a eye out.

join