It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancelled! Abruptly Were 2 Different Prime Time TV Shows With Similar Themes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hi,

I wasn't sure where to put this, so if it belongs elsewhere, please move it. Thanks.

O.K. Although I don't personally watch too much of the TV shows that come and go, I am aware of them for some reason. Anyway, it seems as if the fairly new show, "Commander in Chief" (about the woman president) and the longer running series, "West Wing" have both been rather abruptly cancelled. And very recently.

I am wondering if this is some sort of "selective censorship" on the part of the Whitehouse (or an agent of theirs) because of the subject matter of both shows?

Or could it just be something much more mundane, such as their ratings dropped simply because the American people are just so sick of hearing about the Real Whitehouse and it's constant scandals, etc... that no one wanted to watch the fictional going-on's on top of it?

I seriously hope that it is the latter, because if it's not, and there is that type of censorship going on, it would really worry me.

Any thoghts on this by anyone else?

Thanks,

CyberKat

CX

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
By the looks of it, them pulling the plug is down to ratings after it was moved to another less watched time slot. There are a few other shows for the chop too.

www.breitbart.com...

Might just be an innocent case of low ratings.

CX.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Commander in Chief was poo pooed by the critics from the first episode. It "stunk the house up" so badly the network tried to get out if its minimum air clause in the contract by offering the money but not airing the remaining episodes.

West Wing, a show I personally enjoyed, had run its "term" as it were. There just wasn't much else to cover and the show was getting a bit redundant. Ratings tanked on both shows and I can assure you with the ultra high competitiveness for viewers nothing that costs as much as those two shows per episode is going to last with poor ratings period.

Television has taken a huge hit in two ways. There are som many channels and networks out there they have seriously depleted the ratings on all shows. the same number of people are spreading their viewing out over a huge range of programming, 160 plus cable channels is a heck of alot to choose from leaving many "big time" shows with small time audiences.

Add to that the World Wide Web and it's really difficult to come up with a way to justify a hugely expensive TV Show these days. The WWW has taken millions of viewers away form their television sets. Think about how much time you spend expanding mind right here on ATS instead of passively watching some TV Show.

Now when "AboveTopSecret TV" comes on the air, hopefully in Jan, 2007, I do expect everyone to watch that show.
It will be this site, on steroids, on TV.

Springer...

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Commander in Chief really sucked, The West Wing was ok...I think it just died out due to low ratings.

Originally posted by Springer
Now when "AboveTopSecret TV" comes on the air, hopefully in Jan, 2007, I do expect everyone to watch that show.

Can you (at the minimum) give us the DL on what type of show it will be?

Discussion, fictionional series, documentary, etc.....

Come on man, it's driving me crazy....this is worse then waiting for X-men 3...

Sporty

[edit on 14/5/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Star Wars is supposed to be coming to televiosion soon. So the we all will have something to watch.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Springer...

sorry to change the subject but damn

"hopefully in Jan, 2007"...

i hope sooner...

but, hey, all the hard work will surely pay off...

additionaly, about "west wing" and "commander in chief," the rating are responsible for killing the shows...

no conspiracy here...

or, is there

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well, good. I'm glad to hear that it's just as simple as low ratings.

It wasn't that I liked the show - I actually didn't really watch either. I only made the post because I have been personally feeling the U.S. Police State decending in many ways, and way too fast, that the idea that TV shows could now be being cancelled because the Administration disliked their content, well, that really would have been too much.

Thanks for the re-assurance. BTW, I don't have cable or satelite or anything, so I guess I don't always realize how much else out there is that most other people have access to watch if they like.

And............

Now when "AboveTopSecret TV" comes on the air, hopefully in Jan, 2007, I do expect everyone to watch that show. It will be this site, on steroids, on TV.

I sure hope to be able to access it! That's one show that I am anxiously awaiting!

new topics

top topics

join