It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Edward Kennedy's plane struck by lightning!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- A plane carrying U.S Sen. Edward M. Kennedy from western Massachusetts to his home on the coast was struck by lightning and had to be diverted to New Haven, Connecticut, his spokeswoman said.
The Article

Now what are to odds of this?!

Can one family be this cursed? I think not!

Weather control???

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I don't buy this cursed thing, the Kennedy's saga has always been out there in the public and of course two sons have been assassinated. so we hear about all their horrors, but if you tear any family history apart you will find all kinds of horrible things happening to some of the members.

In my own family history, I have an uncle who was a POW, an uncle who was murdered by revenuers, an uncle whose horse threw him and his loaded gun also hit the ground when he fell and went off and shot him and he died. An uncle who died in the war. An uncle who died at only a year oid, of the flu. Young people in the prime of life dying from cancer.

So I really don't believe in the so called curse, if so, my family is just as cursed. I bet if everyone here gave their own history of family tragedies, we would discover the Kennedy's are no more cursed than anyone else.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
You forgot about Joe, the Kennedy that died in the war.

www.aviationmuseum.net...

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I bet if everyone here gave their own history of family tragedies, we would discover the Kennedy's are no more cursed than anyone else.

Unfortunately, my story would be nowhere near the Kennedys. The only person I know that died in a horrible way would be my grandmothers brother who was run over while he was riding a toboggan , that was like 90 years ago.
I had an aunt who died of cancer at about age 40, but that's life.

I hope I don't jinx myself by posting this, LOL.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
well , I guess that anyone
who goes against the tide
[ the desires of the whores
who rule ] would be cursed.

and since old TED seems
to have joined forces with
the enemy [ reference his
support of the thought police bill ]

then I'd have to say old
mother nature was at work
here , but I'll never TOTALLY
discount the possibility that
he could be a target

I just think otherwise here.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ok goose, first off there is nothing said in the article about a curse. I said it followed by "I think not!".

So let me see here...kennedys have been dieing off with crazy circumstances and assassinations since the JFK assassination and you don’t see a correlation here?! I mean this is ridiculous! I think a rival family is being killed off. You can see this happen throughout history. A dominant family or group is threatened by another so they kill them off. The Medici of Italy old went through this. Those who do not learn from history tend to repeat it.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Odds of being struck by lightning are 576,000 to 1 according to the following web site.
funny2.com...

However that is an individual getting struck. I believe the odds of an airplane getting struck increase quite a lot if you fly an airplane through storm clouds. It's just a hunch I have. However if my hunch is wrong, Ted is obviously cursed and he's been extremely lucky that all of the other bad things on the list on the link I gave above haven't struck him yet. Maybe someone in Homeland security was secretly protecting Ted K. when he got put on that no fly list a while back.
All this time I thought maybe they were trying to keep people from flying who might pose a threat to this country.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Goose,

I don't believe in curses, but I don't agree that everyone's family has the amount of tragedies that this family seems to have.

Entry in Wikipedia says:

The Kennedy family has had a long history of tragic, untimely deaths.

Here is the breakdown: (note, I'm not including non-death related accidents, or accidents that haven't killed Kennedys but killed other people; although these are also impressive in number).

Joe Kennedy Jr - killed flying WWII mission in 1944.
Kathleen Kennedy - died in a plane crash in 1948.
John F. Kennedy - assasinated 1963
Robert F. Kennedy - assasinated 1968
Patrick Kennedy - died two days after birth, 1963
David Kennedy - drug overdose, 1984
Michael Kennedy - skiing accident, 1997
John F Kennedy Jr - plane crash 1999

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
No curse, just a normal lightnihg strike. It happens more often than you think..

According to this fascinating Lightning and Flight Quiz, on average every airplane in the United States is struck by lightning at least once a year. Lightning strikes have been implicated in only a handful of crashes worldwide. Lightning hasn't caused a U.S. airliner crash in about 40 years.

ask.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Anfro and Nickelbee give me your own family history of tragedies from the forties onward. If you read my post you saw that my own family had similar tragedies from murders by the government to children dying from the flu.

The Kennedy's are no more cursed than other family with tragedy, it's just that the media has chosen to point out their tragedies, while we hear about our own, one at a time, from realatives, so they don't seem to be many until you start putting them together. Plus add to that the Kennedy's are a very large family, more people, more tragedy's.

So tell me yours. Seriously if you know your own family history list the deaths you have heard about other than so called normal circumstances. I'm sure most of you will find that given the size of your own family compared to theirs you have just as many tragedies.

new topics

top topics

join