It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Picture. Your All Going To Love This.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Ok... I know what your thinking already? double negative, right?

Well, It appears that isn't the case with this picture. Here's the story.

On 24th May 1964, Jim Templeton, a fireman from Carlisle in the North of England, took his young daughter out to the marches overlooking the Solway Firth to take some photographs. Nothing untoward happened, although both he and his wife noticed an unusual aura in the atmosphere. There was a kind of electric charge in the air, though no storm came. Even nearby cows seemed upset by it.

Some days later Mr Templeton got his photographs processed by the chemist, who said that it was a pity that the man who had walked past had spoilt the best shot of Elizabeth holding a bunch of flowers. Jim was puzzled. There had been nobody else on the marshes nearby at the time. But sure enough, on the picture in question there was a figure in a silvery white space suit projecting at an odd angle into the air behind the girl's back, as if an unwanted snooper had wrecked the shot.

The case was reported to the police and taken up by Kodak, the film manufacturers, who offered free film for life to anyone who could solve the mystery when their experts failed. It was not, as the police at first guessed, a simple double exposure with one negative accidentally printed on top of another during processing. It was, as Chief Superintendent Oldcorn quickly concluded, just "one of those things...a freak picture".

A few weeks later Jim Templeton received two mysterious visitors. He had never heard of MIBs: the subject was almost unknown in Britain then. But the two men who came to his house in a large Jaguar car wore dark suits and otherwise looked normal. The weird thing about them was their behavior. They only referred to one another by numbers and asked the most unusual questions as they drove Jim out to the marshes. They wanted to know in minute detail about the weather on the day of the photograph, the activities of local bird life and odd asides like that.

Then they tried to make him admit that he had just photographed an ordinary man walking past. Jim responded politely, but nevertheless rejected their idea, at which they became irrationally angry and hustled themselves into the car, driving off and leaving him. The fire officer had to hike five miles across country to get home.

source:

by Landon Howell

Owner & Editor - juiceenewsdaily.com

www.juiceenewsdaily.com...

Apparently this is an infamous event/photo in the UFO community. So guys and gals... Any Ideas?

Personally im mind boggled over the many possibilitys if this isn't a hoax.

[edit on 4/26/2006 by croaker013]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Looks like there is a toy figure behind her head to me.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My first thought was cutouts, from a picture book, like the one a while back about the fairy pictures hoax.

But that's as far as I can debunk that one. Who knows for sure, maybe it is a spaceman, with really long legs.

www.cottingleyconnect.org.uk...
Scroll down to the next links, they are the pics of the fairies.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
sorry, but i don't see anything out of the norm . a man with his back to a kid!!!
looks like the wind is blowing his hair ??

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Im with spector on this one, I have seen this picture floating about for ages and I just cant see anything amazing about it. There are so many normal explanations as to why there is someone in the background I just find it hard to belive anything else. To me it just looks like a regular person in the background. And I think the MIB's have been added into the story to give the picture some credibility.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
When I first saw it I thought, "What's that bee-keeper doing in the picture?"

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The story behind this pic is supposedly what makes this picture amazing. I find it interesting if the story is indeed true.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Always found this one hilarious. It caused such an uproar in the ufo community

ALIEN SPACEMAN PHOTOGRAPHED

Whilst it give the illusion of an astronaut,s helmet visor ,no-one seemed to realise that the ''right arm'' was bent backwards meaning of course he had his back to the photograper... sooo... he had either his helmet or head on BACKWARDS???

[edit on 13-5-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Looked like she had the white Power Ranger behind her head,kids have some old ones,looks identical

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hmm, now I've heard the story but without the 'electric aura' and MiB's, Kodak's offer still stands apparently, and wasn't their additional sightings of similar men in the distance?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
My initial reaction was "HOLY *****!" but then when the shock went away, I too wondered why someone would be walking around in a skin-tight beesuit. If the grey is actually the skin and not a part of the suit, then it looks like you've got a Jewish alien on your hands

Inverting the picture doesn't really reveal anything else about the man.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Heard about this a while back. It was on Discovery Channel. It never was debunked though, and anyalses (spelling) of the pic didnt show tampering.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Pretty wild though right? If you take on it is either amazement, comedic, or very well done hoax it still makes you wonder.

But my question is why did it cause such an uproar in the ufo community? I guess because its in the "unexplained phenomina" file. But i don't know.

Hey it could be a bee keeper, or a spaceman, or o.j. simpson for all we know. The point is I thought it was ATS worthy.

I can't explain what or why this picture is the way it is. But the story... if true, is fasinating. let alone the immusement/astonishment of the photograph.

In my opinion this is classic ATS material and i am still interested in who, what, when, where, why and how.

Keep the opinion's rolling in guys/gals. We'll get to the bottom of this and put another notch in ATS's belt.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Looks to me like someone in a classic ball trapping pose. just a guy in a white sweater playing footie over the hill?? looks athletic to me

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I dont like the fact the 2001 space odesy look like astronaut is beeing on a blue blackground wich makes things easy to fake. Tbh theres not much to be conclude on this picture but theres ppl saying our eyes doesnt cover the full spectrum, like the Predator, some specimen can remain invisible to our eyes but on film or photo you could see them.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
that's an intrusting thought 'eagle eye'. But I doubt it was faked since the date of the photograph is before "blue screening" photo's were common.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Under the terms of the Wildlife Act the picking of wild flowers is a serious offence, that little girl is looking at some serious time.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It looks like a bloke in a bee keeper suit. What's so amazing?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It looks like there is a lawn statue behind her. What's the big deal?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have seen this pic many times as well as read the story. This is the first time I've ever seen the part about the MIB.

Seems the MIB part may have been added on very recently. Possibly to add credence to a failed spaceman story as it makes the rounds again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join