It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret base in my own home town??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98 after seeing that on the city's own website... i doubt this is much of a secret. Sorry to waste anyones time.

I, personally, don't feel that it was a waste of time.

You presented us with a mystery to solve and we solved it. Well, Rand did actually. Sorry that the conclusion wasn't quite as exciting as you may have hoped it to be. Sure, it would be neat to discover the secret entrance of an ultra-classified underground alien storage facility, but I doubt that any of us seriously believed that that would be the case.

Exercises like this are fun, they break up the monotony, they allow us to use our imagination a bit, and they let us excercise our collective internet sleuthing skills. Who knows maybe these skills may come in handy some day.

After all is said and done, you'll be a little bit more knowledgeable than you were before, and that's not a bad thing.

BTW, I think pics of 500,000 gallon indoor water reservoir would actually be kinda cool.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Still keep you're eyes open for anything though, hii.

And have fun on the tour.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
i you belive that it is a base then it's not------- because the real underground bases are not know to the public, and the people who if in fact did make that base then they failed in there objectives, only because real base underground are not to be noticed by the mainstream officials.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That was quite a cool thread. Congrats to all who were involved, nice work.

Dont feel bad about it either. just make the most of the tour and maybe if there is a door that the oficials dont want to let you through, try insisting a little, you never know.

Nice to see everyone friendly too, good show all around.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I agree w/Smoking Gun. Very nice work on all accounts in this thread. I couldn't stop reading this thread and usually i'm bored by the third post in threads like these. Great job y'all!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I agree i'm really impressed with some of the investigative techniques by some of the members here on ATS. You helped solve a mystery that has been surrounding this building for many many years by alof of the locals i grew up with (and apparently alot of others i didnt know who had the same theory). I was really impressed that we were able to accurately label a closed off facility in the middle of nowhere and now associate it with an identity! I really makes sense, as you wouldnt want anyone just breaking into a building that pumps the publics water supply, and at the same time, it also explains the large sewers around and the lack of personel.

Good work guys, and I feel like I took a ride in the Mystery Mobile on a Scooby Doo episode here.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by hiii_98]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have been lurking in the shadows of ATS for a couple of years. I have decided to finaly join and say this is one great thread. Ya'll worked together and come up with the answers without attacking each other. Good show. I hope the tour is a good experience.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
i just went out to the area again for a walk and noticed that the water utility building is located NEAR this facility, but they are not the same building. The water utility building is clearly labled, and this building has no posted ownership. It also has two goverment looking survailance cameras attached, barbwire, located deep in woods, and just feels suspecious. I dont think this mystery is solved yet as i discovered the water utility building near the site that i think another poster mistook for this building. I'll post the two coordinates shortly.

suspect location

water utility site

if you zoom out you can see the two buildings and their proximity to one another.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

You got a flag! I was reading through and wondering why an old thread had been brought up when it looked like the mystery was solved, but after reading your last post, my interest is piqued! I hope you get to go back soon. I love a good mystery!

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
sorry for the lack of photos, i left my camera in the car today and didnt realize the old threads photos are no longer displaying . You will notice there is a dirt road leading to the facility, it is gated from the main road. Also doesnt not appear to be traveled in some time. This place has unusual security for such a small town municipal building. Perhaps the water supply could be poisoned from this location (if it is even water related...). Also there is what appears to be a garage that could house a vehicle (or two..three...) and three seperate door entrances, all with a video camera on them and securly locked.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Very interesting! Be careful, but I don't believe there is to much to be concerned about. This is from my own experience, they won't let you near the place without trouble. I'll give you a quick version of my story.

In 1997 a co-worker asked if we would want to check out a documented haunted house she found in the City archives. So 5 of us headed out, we went down a long dirt road that got too rough to keep driving. So me a two other guys got out and continued down the road with sticks in our hand
we were a bunch of pussy's, heck one guy was a black belt. We thought we saw something through a wooded area and got spocked away.

We went back to work and got more people and better vechiles to go down the dirt road. I was in the front seat of the lead vechile while my to best friends were in the other. When we got past our last spot we saw a house with a car in the driveway, and I said ghost don't drive Crown Victorian's. We then drove through a opening which opened up a rectanglar lawn with two lines of nice trees down the front lawn (appox 300 by 150 ft) and a mansion with 40-60ft pillars and every light on at 1:00am. I said we didn't belong here so we turned around between the trees and headed out, we popped out on a dirt road in sec to find a pick-up truck on our ass. We flew down the road for abit and spit ways at a fork in the road and the pick-up truck followed my friends. We couldn't find them but wished we just pulled over and dumbed the guy into the ditch and taken off but too late.

I found out the next day by my friends that the got chased all over town (city streets), and got pinned in by 6 cop cruisers and 1 patty wagon on a overpass to a highway. They were told we were tresspassing on Wilfred Lauriers Universities property, and were let go with a warning. Weird! I tried to do my own investigating and found out a house was built up there in the late 1800's and was sold to the Universty of Guelph and then to a Nature reserve called RARE. Nothing about Wilfred Laurier or atleast no information availble to a nobody. I did this research 2 yrs ago when it sparked interest from this site. I tried to go back and everytime I get stopped by an average old farm like guy in a pickup truck, and told I'm tresspassing. It's like they got camera's in the trees.

I never started my own thread cause I'm not CPU savy and hooking up links and google map sites. It's located in Cambridge, Ontario Canada if your wondering. I backed off cause somethings just aren't worth it when you have children. I prefer to pretend I'm a sheep to survive sometimes, cause to many wierd things happen in my life.

P.S sorry for the grammer no time for checking, dealing with the children right now so I'm time managing lol

Peace and Love,

take care my friend.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jc2007

Then maybe you could sneak off and check out that basement-type installment they supposedly put in?

Who knows what they could have down there...

This guy?

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

Where in Cambridge is this?? I found one out in Hespeler last night that's supposed to be an old mental institution. It was boarded up, unfortunately but really cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join