It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in the water?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
when i was looking over the area 51 base i found what seems to be sompthing living in the water or sompthing in the water. i cant inhance any more so this is the only pic i got. any ideas what it is?

area 51 pic 1

Mod Edit: Fixed sp. In Title

[edit on 5/12/06 by FredT]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, could be water being sprayed up from a fountain, or rocks. Or this could be a leech pond and part of the sewage treatment plant????

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hey.

I just looked at the link, what am i/we looking for? I don't see anything abnormal, but i may be looking at the wrong area?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think he is refering to the two areas of white that appear in the pond

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just had a look. I cant zoom in any further either but to me it just looks like sand or something in the water, like a sand bank maybe. Also alot of the images around Area 51 have been updated. Lots of what appear to be tunnel entrances being built etc.

Someone already has marked it.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That is unusual...
I get your gist... not the tunnel, but the pond in the trees...

Isn't that wierd? an oasis in the desert?
Mist from a fountain, to entertain the EBES that work in the treehouses along the shore?

I think fred probably got it right... something to do with keeping the water circulating in that little manmade pond, perhaps for a water filtration plant.

From the size of the trees, I would be surprised if it wasn't built during the first years of the base... looks to be the prettiest area on base also...
maybe thats where the 4:20 meeting meets?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I pulled this image from Google Earth because you can zoom down a bit lower.

It kinda looks like waterfalls.
If this pond is for sewage it would explain the greenery.
If it's for the 4:20 meeting, then that's a whole lotta smoke...........

[edit on 12/5/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The pond is "Slater Lake" (named for Col. Hugh "Slip" Slater,commander of the 1129th Special Activities Squadron and Area 51 during part of the OXCART program). It was built as a recreation area in the early 1960s and was even stocked with fish. In the 1970s it was gradually surrounded by Soviet-type radar facilities for Project HAVE GLIB.

It seems like someone "discovers" Slater Lake about every week or so using Google Earth. In fact, it has been discovered, discussed and explained countless times on this and other forums.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
To me it honestly doesn't look like anything unusual. Just looks like a waterfall in the lake, a sand bank in the lake or something. Without any more closer detail you can't really tell.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
The pond is "Slater Lake" (named for Col. Hugh "Slip" Slater,commander of the 1129th Special Activities Squadron and Area 51 during part of the OXCART program). It was built as a recreation area in the early 1960s and was even stocked with fish. In the 1970s it was gradually surrounded by Soviet-type radar facilities for Project HAVE GLIB.

It seems like someone "discovers" Slater Lake about every week or so using Google Earth. In fact, it has been discovered, discussed and explained countless times on this and other forums.

Agreed. I don't know how you find out stuff like that, but I think it was you who found it out originally too, when the lake was first posted in 2005.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I agree with one of the above posters. It could be a leech pond and part of the sewage treatment plant. Doesn't look as a living thing to me.

My two cents...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Can see the water flow, but that is about it.
Very interesting story on how it got it's name, never knew that!!

join