It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of giants from times past ! Some of those are HUGE !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hey people check out these GIANTS PICTURES Q

Can anybody tell me what is fake and what is real here . Like that giant Femur or that 28' tomb of 10' giant ... there's no way they are real .

[edit on 5-5-2006 by Fanatic]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Seen this before. Have to believe that most of this stuff is legit eg. documented in medical community. Imagine people nearly 9 feet tall! Who knows what was going on 100,000 years ago.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Is that bone human? Could be from anything?

And the others just remind me of people with giantism or whatever it's called.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I did not see Andre the Giant

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I recall seeing that the femur is fake. The story I heard is that it is a recreation based on an account and there are no bones to back it up, so they made one.

The rest are real as far as I know.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The ATS upload space is down because of the server changes going on, but check out the picture of Robert Wadlow at this link.

www.giantsandgirls.com...

Robert Wadlow was a pituitary giant, someone who grows enormously due to an overactive pituitary gland. He was born in Alton, Illinois on February 22, 1918, a completely normal baby, 8 ½ pounds. However, by the time he was a year old he weighed twice normal, 44 pounds. By nine years he'd reached 6', 2", by sixteen he hit 7', 10", and weighed nearly 400 pounds. At the time of his death in 1940 he was 8', 11.1" tall and weighed 439 pounds making him the world’s tallest person in history, according to the Guinness Book of Records.
www.greatriverroad.com...

This guy was less than an inch below nine feet tall when he died.
Here's another pic of him with two men standing beside him. WOW...

www.giantsandgirls.com...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've seen this too.

Nice to know the femur is supposedly fake. The rest are just really tall people. It's a hell of a stretch to say the giant from the beanstalk and Cyclops were real...

But, here's a question. Do dwarfs and that recently found race of mini humans prove that leprechauns/trolls/imps were running around doing magic stuff years ago?

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thats pretty crazy stuff. I bet its mostly real except for a couple of the pictures.

And Who knows what could have been going on thousands of years ago. For all we know Giant people could have been everywhere.

[edit on 6-5-2006 by SurfOBBC]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In the Bible, Genisis, particularly, there is mention of Nephalim, which are "giant people." when Adam and Eve were created (according to the bible). Perhaps a distant bloodline?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I will say this: Many of the pictures on that website are legit such a Lenoid Stadnik, Clifford Thompson and the Giant of Rotterdam. At least this gives some credibility to the site.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinity_IX
In the Bible, Genisis, particularly, there is mention of Nephalim, which are "giant people." when Adam and Eve were created (according to the bible). Perhaps a distant bloodline?

Also Goliath, and King Og in the bible. There is no doubt that Giants existed. Flavious Josephus also wrote about giants.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
People who discount everything as a hoax, have a mental illness. They suffer from a hole in their soul, which is impossible to fill without anger and fighting.

There are many strange dimensions. Einstein was a barbarian, the universe is at least 100 times more complicated than he would have you believe.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurfOBBC
Thats pretty crazy stuff. I bet its mostly real except for a couple of the pictures.

And Who knows what could have been going on thousands of years ago. For all we know Giant people could have been everywhere.

[edit on 6-5-2006 by SurfOBBC]

Well, sure. And...

Aliens could have built the pyramids/Stonehenge/Easter Island idols.
Dragons could have been flying around roasting people.
Unicorns could have been riding rainbows.
Leprechauns could have been stealing gold.

Don't forget, Wadlow died relatively young from complications from BEING SO TALL! What makes you think someone 30+ feet tall wouldn't have health problems if someone nearly 9 feet tall did?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You might like to read this.

Also, anybody seen this guy?

In the words on Borat, he make me scared, he not my friend.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Seen this before. Have to believe that most of this stuff is legit eg. documented in medical community. Imagine people nearly 9 feet tall! Who knows what was going on 100,000 years ago.

the femur could just be another extremely tall person.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

Originally posted by Trinity_IX

Also Goliath, and King Og in the bible. There is no doubt that Giants existed. Flavious Josephus also wrote about giants.

Thank you very much! I knew that I was forgetting something. Mid day is not my best time, I must confess. Night time my brain is a little bit more alert, must have been from working so many night jobs for so long.. brain just gets used to it. HEY - I work a day job now.. well THAT explains the lack of productivity.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I did not see Andre the Giant

Just looked at the pictures. that 28' tomb is ridiculous. The turban is huge too.

Anyone noticed that chinese people typically are small, but the tallest people in the world tend to be Chinese or Asian ?
With the exception of Robert Wadlow.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Liamoville]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ive seen this before too i watched a documentary on giants and it was saying they used to live thousands of years ago but died out which could be easy due to complications, there will always be tall people its genetics and back then anything could have happened could have being interbreeding which caused them to have 2 sets of teeth and 6 fingered hands you never know. Graves like this are usually true and most of thse pictures seem real.

Oh and that wrestler is huge hes in the longest yard i watched it the other day and hes HUGE

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
giant does NOT equal REALLY REALLY TALL PERSON.

i know a physics professor that's anywhere from 6'11"-7'2"

people that are really tall aren't exactly that big of a deal.

to go on, the website is trying to connect them to the account of giants in the book of genesis. you don't look at little people and say that they are proof of leprechauns, elves, or other magical people of diminutive stature.

my verdict

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think the femur is definitely fake. I think I even read that it was but I can't recall where.

But larger people are not out of the scope of possibility and explain all the megalithic monuments in the world in a simple and logical blanket answer.

I think Creation is a much simpler engine than we understand it to be and so KISS is a thing maybe even God says.

<<   2 >>

join