It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacred Geometry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is a very interesting branch of mathematics. Okay, now that I said MATH, you 'll probably stop reading on, but this isn't what you think it is. It's not about fooling with numbers and theorems and stuff like that, it's more like relation between object. The number phi (my current obsession) is a fundemental number in sacred geometry.

www.crystalinks.com...

This is basically the link between math and nature. Finally, real life applications!

For example, the Fibonacci sequence. It a series of numbers, where each number is the last two numbers added together:

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987...

It appears in nature countless times. Such as in the seeds of a sunflower, when you count from the inside to out. Or it could be the petals of another flower. Or a pine cone.

Also, notice that the ratio between two consecutive numbers gets closer and closer to phi as the numbers get larger.

Very cool.

Oh, and here's something for thought:

Look at your own hand:

You have ...
2 hands each of which has ...
5 fingers, each of which has ...
3 parts separated by ...
2 knuckles
Is this just a coincidence or not?????

However, if you measure the lengths of the bones in your finger (best seen by slightly bending the finger) does it look as if the ratio of the longest bone in a finger to the middle bone is Phi?
What about the ratio of the middle bone to the shortest bone (at the end of the finger) - Phi again?

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by Saucerat]

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Here is a cool site. Lots of different sections and info and picture! Everybody likes visuals!
goldennumber.net
goldennumber.net...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
phi is actually the middle letter for an organization i am in...
many individuals do not know the meaning of that letter not to knock those who dont, but it makes me elated that some comprehend the principles behind such knowledge...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
phi is actually the middle letter for an organization i am in...
many individuals do not know the meaning of that letter not to knock those who dont, but it makes me elated that some comprehend the principles behind such knowledge...

It's THE ORDERED CHAOS or RANDOM SEQUENCE of LIFE in number form. The spiral or life, the helix of life that never ends and never repeats itself. Yet within it are patterns for primes, growth, beauty, balance, etc. Some would say that it would be akin to the name of God or Signature. The Code of the Matrix or Universe. After all Fibonacci's number system of calculating it is Binary at it's source of 0 & 1. Yin/Yang. Life/Death or Being/Nonexistence.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
nicely put, mOjOm.
i surmise that (3D)reality grows according to this sequence. maybe even the higher octaves follow this mechanical rule.
the way i see it lifeforms are "branches" on the "tree of life". when the achetype of a life form (which is eternal(phi) as it exists in the mind of god, ...the absolute) manifests itself into physicality as a one, and as it grows, the phi-ness of it becomes more apparent(yer fibbonaci sequence).
words are weak for what i'm trying to convey.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here's another good link on phi:

astronomy.swin.edu.au...

And here's one on sacred geo:

www.crystalinks.com...

top topics

join