It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant movies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thnx it really keeps me entertaint.. caus i search over the web al the day so

Thnx maty

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Hate to burst your bubble, but giants couldn't exist nowadays, [...]there isn't enough oxygen in the atmosphere to sustain them

I think that you are thinking of something different. In the past, there used to be higher levels of oxygen in the atmosphere. This meant that giant insects could exist (and insects were on land before other animals, so they could dominate). This is because insects don't have lungs, but rather have small tubes that ramify throughout their body that are open to the air, air flows into them like normal. With a high concentration of oxygen in the atmosphere, that meant that they could grow big, with current levels of oxygen, there wasn't enough oxygen left in the air that flowed through those tubes to feed the needs of the whole body or the deep tissues. So they evovled to become smaller.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Mmmm sounds nice.. So ants could roam thw world?
Maybe spiders? Men that would be pretty weird if the would roam the world !

It all could happen dude !

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
They roam the world now...

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Yes only in your thought the roam now !

But if the roam again.. dawm.. how strong do the have to be?

We can kill them easily with our rockets and stuff

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Hate to burst your bubble, but giants couldn't exist nowadays, at least, not of incredible sizes I expect people think. It's because there isn't enough oxygen in the atmosphere to sustain them, at least, that's what I think it is.

How does that work? I'm sure theres enough oxygen around us and unless they were hundreds of miles high so they're heads were in the upper atmosphere they could breathe.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I agree with Jack.. i mean the could live here easily

Why the should? Maybe there were animals that didnt need oxygen.. maybe that had another kind of oxygen.. maybe the could live on koolfstofdyxide?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I agree with Jack.. i mean the could live here easily

Why the should? Maybe there were animals that didnt need oxygen.. maybe that had another kind of oxygen.. maybe the could live on koolfstofdyxide?

<< 1   >>

join