It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Army Base in St Petersburg Florida?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I heard that the army has a base next to the garbage dumps. You would not notice it. Has regular security guards with sub machine guns. and razor wire all around it. makes you think. its only 10 miles from centcom.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Umm not to get completely off topic, but I think your user name and your avatar are a little too extreme. It will certainly undermine any credibility you have when posting about President Bush in the future. I also think that comparing the United States to Nazi Germany is an insult not only to us as citizens, but especially those who have fought and died for that very flag that you have so tastelessly altered.

As for your post... Is this just some rumor you read or heard, or did you actually witness these armed guards? Do you live near this base? I think you need to provide a lot more information if you're going to start a thread like this. There's really not much that can be said in response to the limited details you provided.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So when can users start sporting swastikas? I guess if your slamming america its ok!......

Umm not to get completely off topic, but I think your user name and your avatar are a little too extreme. It will certainly undermine any credibility you have when posting about President Bush in the future. I also think that comparing the United States to Nazi Germany is an insult not only to us as citizens, but especially those who have fought and died for that very flag that you have so tastelessly altered.

Damn right it is!

Im about sick of the crap thrown at americans on this board and this is utter BS!

I dont care whether you are american or not, thats over the line!

You dont modify the flag! you dont BURN the flag either!

dont like america?! get out! and dont let the door hit you where GOD split you!

[edit on 8-4-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think that to many American soldiers gave there lives for that flag that you seem to have so needlessly altered and even though I respect your right to express your opinions I resent the fashion in which you are doing it.
You want to desecrete something, let it not be that flag!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
sorry if i offended anybody. I love this country. but OUR leadership sucks. just my way of saying it. I will change my username and pic.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
is there a way to change my username?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Only by starting all over again. You need to create a new user account.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
No, you simply have to re-register and choose a different name.

p.s. Appreciate your response to what the other members made note of concerning your avatar.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Much appreciated to see that avatar gone, however your username will be another story, you will not be able to change it unless you re-register with another account. Also I too believe that a problem exists with the leadership of our country, however that does not change the fact that many fought and gave the ultimate for that flag, once again thanks for the understanding.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Did they give the ultimate for the a piece of colored cloth, or for the American people?

Worship of flags, no matter what country, reminds me of Virgin Mary grilled cheese sandwiches.

Edit to add: JMO...

[edit on 2006-4-8 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nazibush
I heard that the army has a base next to the garbage dumps.

nazibush, where did you hear this? Did you read it on the Internet? If so, do you have a link to the article?

Complaints about usernames and avatars should be filed using the suggestion/complaint box and NOT brought up in a thread about army bases.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Why does this guy/girl have to change anything ????????????

pure Taurian excrement !!!!!

Initiated by a guy with a username Rasputin!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The topic of this thread is Secret Army Base in St Petersburg Florida?

Let's get back to the intended discussion, folks.

Thank you

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Okay Ive been going over pretty good and recent images of St Petersburg and have yet to find any hint of this Secret base. Do you have a better location description because I could get a close up shot with Google and post it here.

Yeah your avatar sucked but you and I share the same opinion of our leadership. And what do you know I was Republican until this administration started looting everyone and ex-Military as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
comparing us to the Nazis, thats disgusting. someone who obviously has no idea about the nazi party.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Please on topic,
12m8keall2c has already said it once,
There are other threads for the other topic,

Now lets get some info on Secret Army Base in St Petersburg Florida?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
nazibush - If you could give me some idea of the location, I could go check it out. I seriously doubt something is there, but it's always worth a look-see. It would make for a good Sunday drive!

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
First off Centcom is in Tampa not St. Pete. It is at Macdill AFB as is SOcom. There is an old airfield to the east of Tampa where they recently held field exercises for troops shipping out to Iraq.

The facility that is near the dump here in St. Pete is a Lockheed-Martin campus. Not sure why they would have armed guards though. When I went there to apply for a job they didn't even have a gate guard. That was a couple of years ago so they things may have changed. I may have to go have a look see.

When I worked at the Honeywell facility here they didn't have any formal security either. They moved to a new site where they now do nuke work and have upgraded their security accordingly.
Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I agree with Long Hair Cowboy, Private Security in the state of Florida is regulated through the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, I know of only a few select sites in Florida where armed Security can carry more than a .38 , 9mm handguns and a 12 gauge shotgun. CIS and Wackenhut have contract with power companies both nuclear and fossil fuel, the staff at these facilities are allowed to carry .223/AR family of weapons.

As for any guard carrying submachine guns it is not legal. Only government can carry short barreled sub machine guns.

I live in the Tampa Area and other than a few defense contractors I could not think of a facility where such a base could be, especially in St.Pete/ Pinellas County. There are military reserve units in Pinellas but nothing to write home about. A few Military Police Companies and Transportation and support units.

My safe bet for any kind of secret base would be Avon Park Bombing range in Polk County, it is not just a bombing range, and exercise and test of all types are performed there.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 12-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There isn't a secret military base in St. Pete. I live here and I'm in the Reserves. I attend drill at the Reserve Center that the OP is most likely talking about. It is called the "Max R. Stover United States Army Reserve Center".

Because of the threat of terrorism I obviously won't go into detail of our security or the units associated with our Reserve Center but "Jasestrong2" pretty much tells you what is there, nothing secretive at all.

Found this on google if you want to look for yourself. Be sure to close the gap between http:// and maps.google.com or it will come up as a bad link.

http:// maps.google.com/maps?f=l&view=text&hl=en&q=army+reserve+center&near=Saint+Petersburg,+FL&ie=UTF8&latlng=27756665,-82630850,11744338181712082147&ei=XDd sR6HjGY_-rALfq9jkBg&cd=1&dtab=2&reviews=1&oi=more_rev&sa=X

[edit on 21-12-2007 by MakaiFL]

[edit on 21-12-2007 by MakaiFL]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join