It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Higher Thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Me and a couple of friends where discussing existence and the universe, human perception as well as having all the universes knowledge such as being omnipotent. If you're have trouble grasping the Omnipotent part, think of Q from "Star Trek - The next Generation."

Anyway a couple of personal questions came to mind which are,
1. Why is there a reason for the universe to exist.
2. How easily a persons perception can be screwed to believe anything.
3. Funs things to do with Omnipotence.

Well the first question will never be answered, but the second makes for a good discussion and the third is kinda weird ill try to put it into perspective in a more real sense.

The third question is if omnipotence was real I think a lot of human desires would fall astray. Such as Need or want, thus existence becomes meaningless. So then what? Well it help to explain the nature of God or other diety's behavior or lack there of. Having omnipotence would negate even a billion year orgasm, or maybe not, I'm not omnipotent. In this sense the more ignorant you, the better because everything because unique and not so unexplicable.

Bascially the point is to discuss higher level critical thinking, post you ideas but not beliefs.

Also speed reading is interesting. Help the rest of us learn your point of view on things that take some time to wrap your mind around.

I think, therefore I am.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
None, of your, three, questions were question: you did not put a "?", and the second and third even with a "?" would still not be questions.

As for commenting on the post outside of what I have already stated: any ape can think about what you are attempting to write a book on. To me, modern philosophers are like little children too afraid to leave their nutshell constructed out of "I don't want to learn, leave me alone, nothing is real" semantical bull#.

And what is the point, what does it lead to? I could go to an assylum and hear philosophy on being and existence, but I could not get such arguements about synthesis of hydrocarbons or digital logic design.

I quesiton as to why you are writing a book about this. In fact: why are you writing a book about this? If you are looking to write a science-fiction/fantasy book, do not include that you have plagairised ideas from Star Trek.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well,...... if one truly examines existence,it becomes clear that there is not a definitive answer for humanity. We seem to be a species that has run amok with ideas and no tangible concepts.

I think that existence is essential to the evolution of the spirit. When man first reached from its depth called darkness he/she saw the first light.

join