It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some pretty Strange landmarks in NW Nevada.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Okay the first image shows roads that apparently lead knowhere and if you follow both land arrows to where they intersect there is what seems to be a orbed shape mass or clearing. Strange area none the less.
pg.photos.yahoo.com...

The second image is just north of the triangles image and looks like structues or ??? not sure but the close proximity to the triangle/Lines landmarks was worth noting. Any clues?
pg.photos.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Go looking just NE of the bridge in Michigans upper pennisula. It's huge. Old cold war air base thats now a automotive test track.

mikell

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Heres another strange Nevada facility.If you zoom in and pan South west you can see remnants of larger grids in the sand.Also if you zoom close in you can see equipment or storage in different gridded sections.Anyone?
pg.photos.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Some neat pictures, cuban cults, some air bases, a 747 jet over some town,some people drawing picture triangles in the sand and a picture that makes me curious, a large circle in the sand with roads leading and stopping in the dessert. A curious configuration

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Lived in Nevada a few years, in the high desert county of NW Nevada and have actually been on roads like these posted that lead to nowhere. Its really strange to be driving along and all of sudden the road ends, but thats happened quite a few times to me. Also as for the buildings they could possibly be old ghost towns or abandoned mines of which there are many in Nevada. But then again theres no telling where those old mines might take a person, liable to end up in Area 51 or maybe even Dulce, though thats a ways from Nevada.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by a bird
Some neat pictures, cuban cults, some air bases, a 747 jet over some town,some people drawing picture triangles in the sand and a picture that makes me curious, a large circle in the sand with roads leading and stopping in the dessert. A curious configuration

You find the craziest stuff when laid off and a lot of computer time on your hands. I should apply to do this for a living.LOL.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I wonder if they could be ammunition bunkers?

There are quite a few of them around Hawthorne, Nevada, but the arrangement and roads are arranged in square grids.

The semi-circular grids you show with the morenw/Nevada photo are interesting.
Is there a nearby town or lat/long figures?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
I wonder if they could be ammunition bunkers?

There are quite a few of them around Hawthorne, Nevada, but the arrangement and roads are arranged in square grids.

The semi-circular grids you show with the morenw/Nevada photo are interesting.
Is there a nearby town or lat/long figures?

Okay the NW/Nevada photo's lat/long is 40*45'40.25"N and 119*12'55.52"W

Ill post cooridinates for the other photo's shortly.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Okay here are the coordinates for the Triangles and strange surrounding roads.
36*32'03.55"N and 115*27'03.35"W

And here are the positions of objects to the north of the triangles.
36*33'45.96"N and 115*26'56.24"W

And at these coordinates is another isolated airfield/base.
pg.photos.yahoo.com...
37*24'09.24"N and 116*14'04.28"W

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The Michigan Triangle

46.21.09.56 N

84.48.52.96 W

old air force base with gun placements
mikell

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There are several bombing ranges in Nevada. You have Area 51, Nellis AFB (home of Red Flag), and Tonopah Test Range (past home of the F-117). They try to build them as realistically as possible, including buildings, airplanes, SAM sites, etc. Some of the strange areas are related to those sites.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The first one is a mine. Not too far from where the Burning Man Festival is held each year. The roads were built for seismic exploration or now lead to sampling wells for monitoring groundwater.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
The Michigan Triangle

46.21.09.56 N

84.48.52.96 W

old air force base with gun placements
mikell

You mean this place.
pg.photos.yahoo.com...
I have been past it many times over the years. My parents would take us kids on trips into the UP yearly. I remember seeing the big Radar and its accompanying station from the main road. Whats strange is that the Airbase has been inactive since the late 70's early 80's but you cant get anywhere near it and there is a strong security presence still there although not dressed in Military garb. And yeah from the closeups that looks like a very well maintained and defended facility. When I go back up this Spring I may have to do some investigating.Legally of course.

[edit on 3-4-2006 by VType]

[edit on 3-4-2006 by VType]

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's now an automotive test area as far as I know. Can't remember the company name but I think they are out of Ohio.

mikell

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType
Heres another strange Nevada facility.If you zoom in and pan South west you can see remnants of larger grids in the sand.Also if you zoom close in you can see equipment or storage in different gridded sections.Anyone?
pg.photos.yahoo.com...

Allright I have some closeups of this Ultra strange Huge Circular grid in the NW.
looks like construction rather than stockpiles.Roswell Roswell! Lol.
pg.photos.yahoo.com...
pg.photos.yahoo.com...

Ive zoomed in and those are big rigg size trailers/storage throughout. The center structure and semi center structures have what looks like the top of a large concrete base.Anyone?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
does anyone know the name of the famous ghost town just on the boarder of nevada? Its located north of the tiago pass.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Okay the NW/Nevada photo's lat/long is 40*45'40.25"N and 119*12'55.52"W
Ill post cooridinates for the other photo's shortly.

That's where they hold "Burning Man"
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

pg.photos.yahoo.com...

All those artifacts are bombing targets contained in the Nellis Air Force Range and the Nevada Test Site. Fake airfields, bunkers, buildings, vehicles, circular ground targets, etc. All for bombing exercises.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FosterVS

pg.photos.yahoo.com...

All those artifacts are bombing targets contained in the Nellis Air Force Range and the Nevada Test Site. Fake airfields, bunkers, buildings, vehicles, circular ground targets, etc. All for bombing exercises.

Thats exactly what I was going to post. My husband is in the Air Force, so i know all about these. You can find them all over the world
- literally.

top topics

join