It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leprechaun Spotted In Alabama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
"When he spozed to pop up?"

Either a different news station or more of the news footage.....

Funny thing is, if you pause it when they zoom in on the tree branch there are a couple of bumps that do make a pretty good little face. Maybe it creates a good illusion when it's dark?

[edit on 15-4-2006 by librasleep]

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Shadows is what they see.Notice they say it is best seen at night.
I cant see anything resembling a leprechaun in the tree.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

If you compair the pic above to this highlighted one I think this might be what they are seeing in the shadows at night.

[edit on 16-4-2006 by librasleep]

SMR

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This was all made up to get attention.
Now I am sure we can all safely say there are no leprechauns, so what makes this a hoax.Well the fact that nobody ever really 'saw' one makes it a hoax.

This was emailed to some site about the whole deal.

"Well I'm from Mobile, AL where this story comes from. This s**t was a joke made up by a few people in that area to see how far they could get the joke to go. They were going to stop but the s**t exploded like wild fire. The hood hyped up the story because they were able to charge people $1 to park in their hood to see this “Leprechaun”. One guy made between $150-200 in a 2-week span from this complete bulls**t. They got so much buzz going that the media came out to do a story on it. Two of the people in the news story are from that area and showed they a** on TV to increase the hype. The only sad people in this story are the media people who spent time covering this s**t. So lighten up people it was just a joke. If you noticed, no one spoke real serious about seeing the Leprechaun. They all said it with a joking smile. The funniest # in that story was the black guy saying he was a leprechaun hunter and the flute he had was passed down to him through his Irish heritage. I get so sick of people trying to make everything into a racial issue. There are hundreds of stories done every year in small hick towns in the Midwest about White people seeing aliens and everyone in that city plays along to increase the revenue in that area. That is all that happened here."

So it looks like the media got played and this simple little hoax was large enough to even get $1,100 for charity

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm fairly sure that the media didn't fall for the story. rather, they gave this story some press because it is too funny. let's face it crackheads in trees is always funny.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
HAHAHAHAHA

That made me really laugh, but I was left wondering - Leprechaun, or crackhead?

Plus that guy with the flute which was thousands of years old. I'm not sure, but I don't think there were Afro Caribbeans in Ireland millenia ago.

Geez, "Some people will do anything for a pot of gold."

It's arguable that Ireland or it's peoples, either intercessed, or were direct descendants of Egyptians. Many of Irish words as well as ancient religious practices are Egyptian in origin.

As for the Leprechaun... Could it have been Fairy Folk they saw?

Is anyone familiar with the any of the lore on the Magii and the Fairy Folk?

I don't believe they're actually seeing a Leprechaun, but I'm inclined to think that they're seeing something.

Editing this to say that I now see that the story was a hoax.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by theismailite]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Those people are just like the people who say they seen ET

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I just wanna know where the gold at!!!!!!! I love that. They even have a remix video for this!!!! I love it!!

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Someone needs to be takin' to the loonie bin. Alot of this stuff is half ass believable, ie: bigfoot... But a little green dude with a rainbow and all that? Come on now.!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
LOL the amatuer sketch was good, but I don't believe that Leprechauns are little men in green who run around playing tricks on people. I belive It's a task force of faries who live under the ground and humans are saying it wrong It's LEP recon. I don't really believe that but it's a nice theory.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This is the only Leprechaun I want to see: Rather Graphic

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
There is a place near my home where Leprechaun's are supposedly sighted. Near Howard, WI (Green Bay suburb)

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I remember this was posted on another forum i'm on... it was hillarious then and its hillarious now.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I am not sure if I believe in them. However, something odd occurred in '89 when I first came back home to the UK. I was in the garden helping my dad attend the weeding. They had a massive back garden in the back of the house they rented.

Anyway, I was weeding under one of the conifers. I heard something rustling, but there was no wind that day. It was a cool summer and no breeze.

I carried on with my weeding. To my surprise I saw what appearred to be legs in reds boots and black-striped leotards. I just shirked it off and thought it was a bird, then I thought,' why would anybody put red boots and striped leotards on a bird?' I forgot to mention, when I spotted it-it hurried through the conifer and disappearred. No, I hadn't been drinking, nor was I on drugs.

Up until that time, I didn't believe in fairies, elves, etc although I had previous paranormal experiences relating to ufos, etc.

This was something totally unexpected and unfamiliar to my understanding. Another time, several years later, I saw what appearred to be a being coming out of a tree in a park.

What if the myths of these beings have some truth in fact? What if there are other beings that share our planet with us, although we don't have any true understanding of their world within ours. I am not saying I believe in fairies, as such, but I do know that there is other life in the universe and Earth is so diverse that why can't other lifeforms exist inside the Earth and the atmosphere. Maybe our ancient ancestors saw them and built stories around them, as they lacked understanding. Size is relative and who is to say to what degree life exists. We develop a mindset as we are growing up to think a certain way. What if it was proven that the physics and other things that we know aren't completely true as we know them? What if there are other dimensions that slip in and out of our own dimension and for a brief moment we share the same dimension? What if there are many universes and dimensions, which superimpose themselves onto our own?

To sum it up: Anything is Possible.

The only reason I am mentioning it on this thread is

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This is the first I've heard of this reported sighting. At first glance the case seems absurd, but after looking at the sketch it does seem to bear a resemblance to the common Grey depiction.

There is atleast one theory that ties Grey's and Leprechauns. Well really Greys and the "little folk" & "faerie folk" myths. There are infact many different myths of little "magical" humanoids spread all across the world Leprechauns are just a single example.

Of course the better known Leprechauns, elves, fairies, pixies, gnomes etc.. but others like the Japanese yōkai or native American Nimerigar , theres many more shared examples of diminutive beings in the folklores of people that werent in contact.

Its not out of the realm of possibility IMO that if humans many hunderds perhaps even thousands of years ago saw tiny Grey aliens that they would describe them in such a mythical way having no understanding of concepts like interplanetary travel.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The silly twits don't seem to realize that Leprechauns are found ONLY in Ireland. We don't have any leprechauns in the U.S.

maybe he wanted to see the world or he decided to emigrate

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep
These people believe they have a leprechaun living in a tree in their neighborhood.

Leprechaun Spotted In Alabama

[edit on 24-3-2006 by librasleep]

That's a good find, man.
Lol this is an example of why you shouldn't do drugs, kids

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
I am not sure if I believe in them. However, something odd occurred in '89 when I first came back home to the UK. I was in the garden helping my dad attend the weeding. They had a massive back garden in the back of the house they rented.

Anyway, I was weeding under one of the conifers. I heard something rustling, but there was no wind that day. It was a cool summer and no breeze.

I carried on with my weeding. To my surprise I saw what appearred to be legs in reds boots and black-striped leotards. I just shirked it off and thought it was a bird, then I thought,' why would anybody put red boots and striped leotards on a bird?' I forgot to mention, when I spotted it-it hurried through the conifer and disappearred. No, I hadn't been drinking, nor was I on drugs.

Could you maybe give a better discription of what happened here???? lol! I know if I saw a creature running around in my yard with little red boots I'd have quite a story to tell, other than I heard rustling and I saw red boots - I wasn't drinking.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"Red boots" interesting enough Prior to the 20th century, it was generally agreed that the leprechaun wore red and not green.

Much of the popular image of a leprechauns including their green atire is really a modern invention. The core of the myth is different in many ways from that image.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
:lol Forget the pot of gold I want little freeze dried coloured marshmallows.Give me more mashmallows!

<< 1  2    4 >>

join