It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: What the hell is wrong with our values?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
OK, I was behind a school bus today, so that gave me time to read while the red lights are flashing. "$2000 fine for passing while lights are flashing." $2000? Are they frickin joking? What's the worst that could happen if you pass a bus at this time? Kill a kid!

I know what you're thinking, "Intrepid, have you lost your mind?" Nope, on the contrary. I also noticed a sign as I entered work this morning, "No smoking, $5000 fine." WTF??????? What's the worst that could happen there? You encounter that 1 in a thousand(maybe) that's allergic to smoke and they die. I gauruntee you, if you pass a school bus a thousand times while the lights are flashing, you'll kill more than one kid.

I'm contending that it is WAY worse to pass a school bus but for some STUPID reason we have to be 2 1/2 times more worried about the occasional 2nd hand smoke?

I'm not getting this. Can someone explain it to me?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Kids can't vote and don't pay taxes.

We can kill as many kids as we like, just as long as we don't smoke while we're doing it.

:shk:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
IMO there are many more people who would consider lighting up for a few quick drags than there are people who would consider passing a bus full of students.

If most people already see the rationale behind not passing the bus, there only needs to be enough of a fine to make those who consider doing it think about the risks.

Many people get mad at not being able to light up wherever they want - but a really stiff penalty deters them. That's my opinion.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
intrepid:

I don't think it matters where you're living. Life everywhere seems to have just gone crazy.

top topics

join