It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nutritional Slavery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This has got to be the most shocking piece of news i EVER ran across, Iraq, on the leash of the west passed a law, which..

Under the new US Order, the saving and planting of seeds will be illegal and market will only offer plant material produced by transactional agribusiness corporations. The US Order introduces a system of private monopoly rights over seeds and will force Iraqi farmers to relay on big US corporations to buy its yearly crop seeds for planting. The term of the monopoly is 20 years for crop varieties and 25 for trees and vines. During this time the protected variety de facto becomes the property of the breeder, and nobody can plant or otherwise use this variety without compensating the breeder.

effectively prohibits replanting of crops (!!), so in effect all food grown in the protectorate, and therfore the lives of all individuals dependant on it belong to a few greedy corporations.

May these villains all rot in hell for all eternity and beyond.

links
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

www.organicconsumers.org...

www.i-sis.org.uk...

[edit on 16-3-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yeah, when I first heard about this back in 2004 I was outraged.

I've always been a little uncomfortable about the grain cartel. They want to control the food supplies for the world. And that power, lying in the hands of a single entity, bothers me. (Though to clarify, there are 3 global conglomerates; Cargill/Monsanto, ConAgra and Novartis/ADM.)

If Iraq bothers you, wait until you read up on India.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
yes- Pure capitalism at its best
all grain seed shall be contaminated with genetically altered pollen
all seed sold by us will be sterile
therefore- all food shall be controlled

Seedsavers all over the world-UNITE- (I'm learning how to isolate plants for seedsaving)

Whenwill they start arresting me (or better yet- FINING us)for saving corn seed from last year- (or better yet- for trying to have the audacity to sell a food plant seed that is perfect for my particular climate to my fellow citizens) Or as America- land of the free- gets more and more 3rd world deregulated as we are getting more and more corporate controlled- go ahead and ignore what happens in other countries- it has already happened here. GMO's have no social responsibility- just like the American, Indian, German, etc. stockholders have no conscience. Let greed rule- If you want to make a profit- make it a monopoly

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This may be wayyyyyy out there, but I just cant help it. Did we or are we going to drop something on them that would make their food, seeds, etc, bad for your health? Sounds more like a cover your rump thing than an enslavery thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
This may be wayyyyyy out there, but I just cant help it. Did we or are we going to drop something on them that would make their food, seeds, etc, bad for your health? Sounds more like a cover your rump thing than an enslavery thing.

Keep in mind the plants will still be grown there, so if there's f-ex. DU in the soil they'll still get it - along with the GMO poison, of course.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
yeah well... what do I have to say about this

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
WHAT!?!

If this is true....I am speechless...

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

Keep in mind the plants will still be grown there, so if there's f-ex. DU in the soil they'll still get it - along with the GMO poison, of course.

The last sentence is what gets me on that. It is almost like a whoever can get it to grow wins kind of thing. Im just saying it sounds like whatever they have might be poisoned or will be. Either way wrong or right, this sucks. I just dont see how they can make that kind of thing work unless people think their food, what they grow, is no good.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Time after time what used to be a non-issue has become a contentious issue. Of course you plant seeds you save up, just as for thousands of years. The unnatural thing is being compelled by guns and force to buy something you do not need to buy. Of course this is all treated as "normal."

Apparently there is no limit to the imagination to produce "profitable," outrage, to multiply losers and concentrate so called winners. In the end they and we will lose everything, just because nothing of our social structure and biology will survive this insidious greed.

On another score, think about it though, these extremely wealthy people making money off of depleted uranium have to breathe the atmosphere too. At one time Linus Pauling won the Nobel Peace prize protesting above ground nuclear testing, and these wealthy people listened and stopped it.

But when it comes to altering life itself without regard to the millions of generations preceding it, this GE seed issue has in no way passed anything resembling the test of time. Being forced to buy seeds is only one of the many issues in the same category of coercion that people face.

But the outrage continues, as big money cheats itself in the long run, while salivating over short run gains.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
WHAT!?!

If this is true....I am speechless...

Loam? Where have you been on this one? Seems to me merely a progression of what has been going on in the US and elsewhere for the past couple of years, and it's quite frightening.

Here is just an example:

www.organicconsumers.org...

We don¹tknow what damage has been done to the farm already. Nobody will tell us whether our land or even our machinery is contaminated [with genetically modified seed] and thus whether or not we will be able to sell our crops next year free of any genetically modified organisms. Also, on a more practical note, there is very little seed available now that can be classed as clean and by concentrating on this new technology the major seed companies have allowed their gene pools to shrink, reducing the varieties available to us. This new technology has had the effect of concentrating power in the agricultural industry into one or two very powerful companies who appear to be able to ride roughshod over everybody ­ including the farmers and the Government.¹

There is a lot more going on in this area even taking Iraq out of the picture, the bottom line being, we have lost our choice as to whether or not we want to consume non-GMO foods. It's currently next to impossible and no one has to tell us if it is or if it isn't.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well, I had never heard of this order 81 before, so
for hooking me on another conspiricy. Anyway, I did some checking up on it and found that it is just one of 100 orders thought to be illegal. Here is a link to wiki where I found the following info.

Paul Bremer

Those who are more critical of the American's efforts to fix Iraq believe the Bush administration's issued certain Orders to maintain varying degrees of economic and political control even after sovereignty has been established in Iraq. Those who are more suspicious believe there were 100 Orders enacted by Bremer before his departure. These alleged orders are listed as follows

Order #39 allows for the following:
privatization of Iraqs 200 state-owned enterprises;
100% foreign ownership of Iraqi businesses;
national treatment of foreign firms;
unrestricted, tax-free remittance of all profits and other funds; and
40-year ownership licenses.
Order #40 turns the banking sector from a state-run to a market-driven system overnight by allowing foreign banks to enter the Iraqi market and to purchase up to 50% of Iraqi banks.
Order #49 drops the tax rate on corporations from a high of 40% to a flat rate of 15%. The income tax rate is also capped at 15%.
Order #12 enacted on June 7, 2003 and renewed on February 24, 2004, suspended all tariffs, customs duties, import taxes, licensing fees and similar surcharges for goods entering or leaving Iraq, and all other trade restrictions that may apply to such goods.
Order #17 grants foreign contractors, including private security firms, full immunity from Iraq s laws.
Order # 81 prohibits Iraqi farmers from using the methods of agriculture that they have used for centuries. The common worldwide practice of saving heirloom seeds from one year to the next is now illegal in Iraq.

I would love to know what the other orders were about, but have not been able to find them anywhere. Mr. Bremer quit because he felt like he had been made the scapegoat...the only man to blame for all that crap that was going on...
...yea, I am sure he was the only one responsible for all this.....umhum.

Good find Long Lance.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
this is the wave of the new future..seed will be gaurded like most corporate secrets and the people will have to depend on the truthfullness of corps.....we all know what that means..we r screwed. farming will be come an illegal venture unless u are funded and given seed by one of the upstanding farming conglomerates....to even have non gmo seed, will be right up there with paying off your credit card..and will be grounds for homeland security to take you away or at the VAERY least investigate you.
boy, i feel free-er evey minute of the day.....................................

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
farming will be come an illegal venture

Your wording reminded me of something: drug laws, which not only prohibit use but also production - notably in the case of HEMP, most variants are a good food and material sources, yet it was entirely banned with nary a whisper it seems. The next logical step is of course controlling ANY crop, obey or starve, yay!

Call it a precurser event if you like, but the more i hear about the NWO's activities the more pieces of the puzzle are falling together...

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
To the poster who wished for these men to rot in Hell for all eternity, here's my thought, they're already in Hell and they think they're making the best of it.

Actually the best is a lot better, and on top of being madmen, they're also fools.

That's my opinion.

There are people preserving natural seed, so that it can't all be destroyed by the hubris of these self-appointed whip-keepers.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

Your wording reminded me of something: drug laws, which not only prohibit use but also production - notably in the case of HEMP, most variants are a good food and material sources, yet it was entirely banned with nary a whisper it seems.

You got that right. I did a lot of research and essays on that back in High School. Boy did my teachers love that. hehe. I found that the founders of our country even the presidents (George Washington for example) were hemp farmers. Hemp is the strongest material known (besides metal and some plastics). If it wasnt for hemp they would never have made it to America on those ships of theirs. The ropes, and sails were made of it. The reason it became illegal was because it was impossable to controll. Anyone, almost anywhere could grow it. It was impossable to tax, and materials that were made out of it would last a very long time. Take Levi's for example. They used to be made out of hemp. That is why the old Levi's never wore out. Big corps hated that because people would not buy as often. There was actually a man.....oh probably 10 years ago, who sold pot at a Dallas football game. They couldnt arrest him because he taxed it.
That cracked me up. I know that as of a few years ago, there was a town up North East, somewhere that gets a lot of imports (will look it up if your interested, I cant remember the name) where it was legal. Shipments could go in and out, because it was in a controlled area where it could be taxed. There have been several protests and actions taken to make it legal, but the govt. stops it as soon as it can.

If you couldnt tell, this subject gets me ALL ralled up. All those trees die unnecessarily to make all the paper products that could be made out of hemp. Oh, the list goes on, but Ill stop......for now.

UUUUGGGG will it ever stop? I want my freedom back. I feel more and more enslaved the more I read. Bush inc. couldnt get out of their fast enough if you ask me.

Good point again Long Lance.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This has been going on alot longer than the last few years, ya know. Seems like the law making collection & saving of seeds illegal is blatant, as opposed to how its been for many years now. Why do you think out food tastes bland? Genetically modified & hybridised seeds for crops.

One of the biggest bugbears for me is that a few corporations, mainly Monsanto here in Australia ( but not limited to them ) have had the monopoly on seeds / roundup / & are heavily involved with the planting of secret GM crops! Its an outrage & a disgrace.....

To come out & blantantly tell people that they can't save seeds or they will be punished is immoral, in my opinion. Not only that, but it seriously makes one wonder what the real plan is for all of us. I think we can figure it out without trying too hard, but for anyone who cant.......He who controls the food of the world, controls the people. Simple!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

CLARIFICATION - February 2005 The report jointly issued by Focus on the Global South and GRAIN in October 2004 on Iraq's new patent law has received a lot of attention worldwide. It has also generated a misunderstanding that we wish to clarify. The law does not prohibit Iraqi farmers from using or saving "traditional" seeds. It prohibits them from reusing seeds of "new" plant varieties registered under the law. In practical terms, this means they cannot save those seeds for re-use either. The report has been revised to express this more clearly.

www.grain.org...

[edit on 21-3-2006 by notbuynit]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... is a good thread on Monsanto, I think it mentions the implementation of this policy in Iraq. Pretty messed up, but you'd be suprised at how wide spread this whole GM foods debacle has become. As I have said before, Capitalism is a great system, IF YOU HAVE Capital, otherwise get back to work.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So, the law states what you can re-seed and what not. Of course, New means recently registered, not recently developed, now the most intriguing question: who's going to patent stuff, the cartel or some farmer who rightly assumes that growing stuff is NOT a privilege, to put it mildly.

So, nothing to see here, move along...

PS: change 'the law' to 'the seed cartel' and you're much closer to the mark.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
ok at first i was freaking out over this b/c i would go nuts if anyone did this to us. i read more in to what i could find and then all of your links. while most are just saying we shouldnet regulate food production. but i have come to realise that it is the same here. seedcorn corp's keep a close eye on what you do with there seed. as far as i can tell this act dosent restrict the farmers from useing there seeds they normaly use. but when they use gm seeds they have restrictions as to not infringe on the rights of the seed companys it is a bit od but nothing is being done here that has not been done in the US or any where else.

i think we should send them corn! lots of corn ...spoils of war and such suport the american farmers

top topics

<<   2 >>

join