It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backdoor to NORAD / Cheyenne Mountain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Actually the interstate comes within about 10miles of Cheyenne Mountain (Norad).

There is a small down just outside of it. The tunnel entrance however is fairly well guarded.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
In the early 1990s after the soviet union fell, I took a tour of the NORAD facility. (I was in the second grade at this time).
This was around the same time that the Matthew Broederick film War Games was filmed at the facility. T

At the time, there was a guardshack that was located about halfway from the highway east of the mountain (Rt 115) and the main entrance.
I was back in Colorado this summer and when I drove from South from Co Spring to the Royal Gorge along 115, the area around 115 had a lot more of a high security feeling to it - this is only to be expected post 9/11.

Since the road heading up to both the main entrance and the south portal is behind both the old guard shack and the new higher security facilities - the situation that our other poster had commented on about "a motorist stranded on a mountain road" is just an unlikely scenario. These roads are only used for NORAD.

Also, someone else made a comment about tunnels being on "both sides of the mountain" has anyone else seen anything that might appear to be an entrance on the west side of the mountain towards the towns of Cripple Creek and Victor? This direction is what would be optimal for that nuclear blast that you describe.

There are some roads on the western side that were old mining roads.
CR-15, Gold Camp Road and Stage Road.
I've driven the Gold Camp Trail and haven't seen anything that would be out of the ordinary - still a beautiful drive though and amazingly isolated for an area with as many people as Co.Springs.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the insight, thats pretty cool. I figured the roads had to be used just for NORAD. Just seems weird how their are homes just beside the entrance.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by opticalserenity
... NORAD. Just seems weird how their are homes just beside the entrance.

There are homes just outside lots of military bases.
NORAD isn't "secret", it's "secure".

Sarge

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlwfbird

I wouldn't be surprised at all though if there were more tunnels connecting Cheyenne Mountain to Ft Peterson AFB 10 miles NE across town. (After all NORAD and the Mountain are considered to be under Peterson's control anyway - but there's a whole city between them.

Other possibilities are connections to the Air Force Academy 16 Miles N from Norad. What do you guys think?

I am an active duty Air Force Staff Sgt, and was stationed at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station for 2 years(Aug 1999 - July 2001). I can tell you with 100% certainty that there are no tunnels leading from CMAFS to anywhere else. The entrance tunnel into the Mountain goes straight thru to the other side. The other side or rear of the tunnel is only used as an emergency exit. There are many myths about this whole complex, and i can tell you that you really are not missing anything. No tunnels connecting to Ft. Carson, the Academy or to Peterson AFB. I really wish there had been, it would have cut down on my daily commute time. I'm not trying to say ANYONE is wrong or that theories about what COULD BE are rediculous, i'm just telling what i know. Sorry to burst anyones bubble. I did enjoy reading all of it, but no super secret tunnels to Area 51 or anywhere else for that matter out of Cheyenne Mountain.

Thanks for reading.

AirForceSSGT

[edit on 19-3-2006 by AirForceSSgt]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Is it true that in a nuclear war the Cheyenne base would not have survived? I can't imagine the firepower necessary to go through a mile of solid granit.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandman11
Is it true that in a nuclear war the Cheyenne base would not have survived? I can't imagine the firepower necessary to go through a mile of solid granit.

The buildings inside of cheyenne mountain were built by the Navy and the Army Corps of engineers. They are welded steel buildings that resemble how the inside of a battleship or aircraft carrier are constructed. The buildings sit on top of gigantic steel springs(hundreds of them), that weigh approx 1000 lbs each.In the event of a blast the buildings would rock or sway, but not collapse. The idea is that Cheyenne Mountain could withstand an Atomic blast. It was built back when atomic was the threat, not nuclear. I highly doubt that it could withstand a direct Nuclear hit, but who knows. There is enough food and water to last 1500+ people 3 years or more if that did happen. As well as self sufficent power, medics, a dentist, and a complete system to clean and recycle the air inside. i hope that we never have to find out how well it will all work if that happens. Thanks for the questions.

AirForceSSgt

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

There is also what appears to be a car halfway between the main road and this back door that looks like it was blown in half. Perhaps a curious civillian got in the way of some MPs?

Looks to me like a pickup truck that has had the box taken off and replaced with a slightly larger flatbed for hauling larger loads. Nothing special. I've seen it done many times before.

Besides that, just wondering if that is a missile silo between the road and the main entrance parking lot? Located at 38 deg 44'40.03" N, 104 deg 50'33.88" W

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

There also appears to be a more prominent tunnel south of the entire complex into the same mountin system at
38 degrees 42'36.47"N and
104 degrees 51'06.74"W
Using those exact co-ordinates, I am looking at a blacked out area on Google Earth. Was there a picture there before? If so....very interesting!! Maybe there is more to the Alaska/Yukon blackout too!

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That blackout must be a glitch, i have never seen it there before.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by carlwfbird

There is several suspect facilities all over the mountain that could be some secret back doors...

or...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Look to the South entrance...

and same pentagon object above north portal...strange

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AirForceSSgt

atomic and nuclear are the same thing. you are probably thinking of nuclear and thermonuclear. Cheyenne Mountain can withstand a 5 megaton blast.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AirForceSSgt

That sounds like a good place to be when SHTF for sure!
Do you know if they need a floor sweeper or something?
I'll even clean toilets,(since theres no windows)whatever
..........if you wouldn't mind to make a call! I'll owe ya!
If so, please u2 me just before it hits and I'll head that way!
Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join