It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Style Attack on LA thwarted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I heard in the news this morning that Bush managed to avert another "supposed" 9/11 style attack on LA's tallest building after arresting a key Al Quaeda member in Indonesia recently. Knowing what we know about 9/11 and who was really behind it all, does this mean that he managed to convince himself not to go ahead with the attack?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Of course.

"We decided it would be better to do it closer to the elections."

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How can they attack buildings in LA, silversteiner doesn't own any buildings there, does he?

[edit on 9/2/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yup, he claimed they prevented an attack against the "Liberty" Tower in Los Angeles.

Musta been the same researchers responsible for the WMD claims.

It's now the "U.S. Bank" Tower, but was once known as the "Library" Tower.

Once again he shows just how "connected" he is, and how much he truly cares.

[edit on 2/10/06 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I saw on TV today that there is a September 11 movie coming out. Despite almost universal consensus that it is far too soon to bring out a movie on the subject, it looks as if it will be released all the same. It seems like a very convenient way of spreading the propaganda that the official story is true. Especially in light of the Charlie Sheen comments, it should prove an effective way to keep the masses in line, just like the alleged thwarting of an LA attack tried to do.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
More propaganda. I think i'll pass.

I'd rather watch Lou Dobbs.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Does anybody have any links to this story? I wouldn't mind having a read on it, this is the first I have heard of it.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
At the time it was on the news in February this year but it's a little difficult to find much on it now. Here's one link I found:

www.alertnet.org...

If you were referring to the movie, I think it's called "United 93." Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I heard something about this on the radio. The interesting thing is, the LA mayor claimed that that was the first he'd ever heard about it--years AFTER this "fact"!

I think the government is trying to justify its spying. That's all it is. I can claim to have stopped someone from blowing up something and claim that it's because I spied on them and stopped them--and people might actually believe it, even though it wouldn't be true!

It's playing mind games, it's all it is.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Too true! Here the governemnt did the same thing with the introduction of these new terror laws which allow the police to arrest suspects on the basis of future intent to commit terrorist acts. Just another excuse to target people unjustly in my opinion, however after raids in which 17 people were arrested, the government justified it by saying the new laws prevented a terrorist attack.

top topics

join