It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

light year = mind boggling

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
well our little nuclear experiments are in no way close to the nuclear fusion of the sun....
in space with no material or mass to protect you the solar radiation is extreme..... far worse than standing, staring at a nuclear fusion reaction from 10 ft.

and as for lead.... just the smell of the amount of lead is likely to poison your blood!

Unless you fly right next to a star or a body like Jupiter space isnt even close to a that of a nuclear reactor. People have stayed in space for over a year. If you are anywhere near a nuclear reactor unshielded you will be dead within minutes.

If space radiation was a fraction as powerful as you stated every astronaut that did a space walk would be dead. The only issues NASA has with space radiation is if you spent years in space.

Lead shielding is not going to kill you through smell either
I work with the stuff all the time (melting it). Its true Humans can inhale lead particles which is bad but those particles have to be in the air and lead does not evaporate at room temp. So unless your scrapping the lead into fine particles or melting it you would have nothing to worry about.

Even if that was a worry you could easily incase the lead in a thin layer something like plastic or steel.

[edit on 9-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

So hypothetically if you could warp the space in front of a craft , you could just fall in the direction you wanted to go.

Sorry for quoting myself , but I was just talking about this.

New form of 'Anti-Grav' Propulsion possibly discovered

www.physorg.com...

Felber's calculations show how to use the repulsion of a body speeding through space to provide the enormous energy needed to accelerate massive payloads quickly with negligible stress. The new solution of Einstein's field equation shows that the payload would 'fall weightlessly' in an antigravity beam even as it was accelerated close to the speed of light.

( Bold emphasis mine)

[edit on 11-2-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
its not mind boggeling if you have a open mind .

So keep in mind that only around 100 yrs. people thought it was Impossiable to Fly.
after the Automobile had been around for a few yrs . people thought that
speeds up to 60mph we not only impossiable but suicidal .

i dont feel like making huge list - so i'll shorten it .
Bi-plane
mono plane
jet
rocket
spaceship - as in space shuttle .

everything you can think of and alot of the stuff you use on a daily basis ,
at one time or another was thought to be impossiable .

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Briggs]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join