It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think we could trust another alien race?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i have thought about it and my conclusion is no.i would be very wary of any race that did make contact with the general public here on earth it would more than likely be friendly at first then turn sour with rivalry in weapons etc

what does everyone else think?

Graham

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
They'd probably not trust us after spending a lil' time on earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
How can we trust an alien race when most of the time we don't even trust our neighbor?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
How can we trust an alien race when most of the time we don't even trust our neighbor?

exacally.. mixing with aliens would be like a new form of racism...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I suppose it would depend on what sort of contact was made, perhaps it is the fact that we aren't very trusting by nature and can't live peacefully with others on our own planet that they haven't made contact already. I think that if anyone is not to be trusted its us .Anyway if their intentions toward us were to harm us there is probably very little that we could do. If we were being watched by hostile aliens they wouldn't need to approach us under false pretences, they would already know all of our weaknesses and we wouldn't be prepared for fighting back.
personally I like to think that they would have good intentions.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is my debate topic, so I really am not allowed to go into details...

But... There is no reason to believe that an alien race must be inherently bad or evil (or good). I advise people to look at actual UFO reports and take some of the more sensational internet sites about UFOs with a grain of salt.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
@onlyinmydreams

can you say mate what way you head towards,friendly or unfriendly et's

good posts guys,

i'm beginning to think that if aliens are abducting people from thier homes and conducting experiments on them when we have no knowledge of thier existence what would they be doing to the public if we were openly interacting with them.
also the fact they could get to earth would mean to me any technology we have already would be of no use to them so why come in the first place

just my thinkin

what does everyone else think?

Graham

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I dont think that aliens abducting us is any different to us catching wildlife and weighing , measuring and tagging them before releasing them.If they do come here its probably to study us, just as we study creatures and at the same time try not to have too much of an impact on them.we don't fully understand how ancient civilizations existed and find them facinating so why shouldnt it be any different for a more advance civilization to find us interesting.If we came across life on another planet ourselves do you think we would jump in there and make ourselves known staight away?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
depends, if there smart theyll know we would fight for our lives even if we knew we would proubly losse

if there realyrealy smart they'll trick our leaders,

or they could be our leaders.... ahh ok now lets not go insane

[Edited on 3-10-2003 by Dmsoldier]

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
@pantha and dmsoldier

yeah good points

Graham

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Personally i trust anyone until thye give me reason not to and i am oinly cautious if someone i trust tells me to be so i think it wouldent matter to some people about this alien race.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
We can not trust an alien race when we first meet them. Trust has to be gained over a period of time. If we got to know an alien race for a couple of months the trust would build up.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Humans consider trustworthiness as being open, reliable, and having the ability to place confidence upon a person.

Right now, all I have witnessed is things flying in the air performing their own agendas without much heed to the beings in which they observe. How could anybody trust something so secretive? Also, considering how long they hae been observing humanity, its obvious they are not intent on aiding in the removal of human suffering (such as illness and violence). However, their plans of attempting to show their trustworhiness could be persistently thwarted by the goverments of the world. Nobody can really tell due to how our own governments don't trust the public with this knowledge.

All I can say is that whenever the public gets disclosure on this topic, there better be one hell of a good explanation for the crap we have endured as a result. From both terrestrial and extraterrestrial sources. Terrestrial explanations as to where the money has gone into secrecy on this subject better be the best explanation in the history of excuses.

The only alien species I would trust right now is those in the same predicament as we are in, which I am sure exists. A civilian populace under the thumb of a government and other creatures that do not want their existence fully known or understood.

[Edited on 4-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   
does anyone else think the fact et's could be flying about on this planet is an act of aggression alone i mean if say the usa were secret flying ops over russia and vice versa invading thier air space hovering over nuclear installations,following fighter planes,abducting people,the list goes on is unfriendly.
and like heelstone said they have never bothered to intervene and help diseases on our planet you hear of the odd case where they have supposidly helped dying children but that's it
i personally hope when we do make contact they will be the nordic types at least we would have similar features in common also the galactic federation of planets(if it exhists)comprises mainly of human like et's

Graham

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graham
does anyone else think the fact et's could be flying about on this planet is an act of aggression alone i mean if say the usa were secret flying ops over russia and vice versa invading thier air space hovering over nuclear installations,following fighter planes,abducting people,the list goes on is unfriendly.

From all accounts I've read, UFOs have caused several instances where nuclear war/WWIII almost happened due directly to them invading the airspace of the U.S. and the USSR. All intrusion of air space by unknown objects is considered a threat, which is why there are so many reports of air force pilots chasing UFOs.

I haven't heard of too many attacks by UFOs, but there has been a couple. 99.9% of the time the objects simply fly away once spotted.

I personally do not think there are agressive intentions in UFO activity. Its surveilance/study, IMO. Acts of agression like attacks are likely spurred in acts of defense.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
hmmmmmmm

I remember that episode of the Twilight Zone where aliens made contact and they had a book written in their language with the title " to Serve Man"

Well we trusted them , they gave us technology made peace, no need for weapons and armies etc.

We were offered new homes on their planet to learn if we desired.

Then someone managed finally to decode the book.......... it was a cookbook.

I would like to say we could trust aliens....... they'd have to show us first we could .

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   
if they are the fallen ones referred to in the bible...
if they have positive intentions...
if they love their neighbor...
if they have been acting as spitefull beings or loving ones...
if they allow me to make a choice to love them or not...
and if they base life on material objects versus spiritual growth...
if yes then i can trust them and love them as i do my neighbor...

top topics

join