It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theres no proof!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fearofthedark
That's exactly the problem with this subject.

No, that is not the "problem" with this subject... the subject is the problem.

We've been through this before. The probability that an alien species has noticed this planet is very, very, very, low. Much less they've noticed, cared, and spent the time and materials to come here and poke about.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 09:13 AM
link   
IMO I think the more sudden the aliens (If they're there, im staying on the fence for this one :cool
make their presence known, the better. Society is currently too bogged down with its own currents and ebb and flow (See Asimov - Foundation) to wake itself up and change enough to make stuff easier, id usually give examples at this point, but im starving, maybe later
, and it really needs a good shake up, this might be a good way to do so. anyway, that's just how i feel.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 09:15 AM
link   
No.. No and No!

The subject is not the problem!

Because you little equations are simply BULL#!

Because you have NO IDEA how intelligent life evolves and interacts!

Drake's equation is complete bull#! it just estimates the civilizations that appear, not the probablility that some of them create or alter lifeforms outside their planet.. This can create a "feedback" over billion of years that can change EVERYTHING! This feedback may be sufficient to spread simple and intelligent life EVERYWHERE in the galaxy!

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If Aliens did suddenly show up, I would probably just say "wow, cool...well back to work and paying those bills."
To accept or not accept isn't really the question. It's more like what will you do when you find out that they were already here? Probably the same as me, work, pay bills, and vote for the first "ET" President of the United States or the NWO.
Hopefully the New Pres, can drink unsoured milk.

Let's face it, does it really bother society that much that there could be ET's here or on there way. There are just more important issues to look at.

Adam Sandler had it right when he said "Whooppeddeeeedooo!!!"

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 09:35 AM
link   
How do you think the definitive knowledge that we're not alone in the universe would affect us?

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You wouldn'd say "wow, cool..", because you would have no idea what would happen to you! you would loose your money and your job in a matter of days!!

It's weird how some people don't understand obvious things...

By the way, even if you consider that the probabilities that our societies collapse is low, the aliens may very well not want to take the risk..

What do you have to gain by having this kind of reaction? This is something I really don't understand. Shouldn't the goal be to find the truth, simply because the consequences are potentially enormous?

Maybe UFOs and aliens are not around here, but just because the consequences may be phenomenal, you should investigate the subject seriously..

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fearofthedark
No.

Please answer my question.

Another question: if they show up suddenly, do you think our capitalist civilization would survive?

Yeah, because the Aliens would be communist...

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It could be that they've been here for thousands of years. There are tons of paintings and scupltures depicting extraterrestial beings and crafts....

I've posted the links here a few times already...

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Absolutely........FALSE !

USA have created them ( the Grey ).

USA have a time machine also. That's why you can see them ( the Greys ) in the past. They just send them ( the Greys ) back in the past. It a trick to fool us.

But don't worry, EBE are reals. ANd yes, they are all communist-collectivists guys.
That's why they don't show themselves. Cuz they kow that we would nuke them these fuc$$ng cosmic communists.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 11:45 AM
link   
HolySh!t...

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
HolySh!t...

What ? It's not a great " theory " may be ?

This 1 is pretty cool I think. I have never heard it before.That's why I did this post.

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Haven't any of you heard of the term "CULTURE SHOCK"?
Its what happens to a culture when a higher culture comes into contact with them and they have no hope of understanding that higher culture.

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 07:19 AM
link   
One need only read this thread to understand that belief in UFO's and ET visitations has reached the fervor of religious faith.

And indeed, just as there are almost as many ways to believe in God as there are people believing in God, there are a multitude of opinions on UFO's.

Interesting isn't it?

[Edited on 23-10-2002 by William]

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Actually TH that is the whole point of UFO scum. To keep public discentralised because each and everyone has his/her own explanation for the "UFO phenominon".

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry to disagree with you again William.

What I say is as much good guesses as what you say.

You think you are the savor of reason and logic.. some people in the past have thought the same, and history has proved them wrong.

Some scientific researchs have been done on UFOs, and have concluded that there is something unusual. Same for abductions, animal mutilations, and crop circles.

You reject all that because in your view it cannot be true. You rely on Okam's rasor to say it cannot be true.

But are you sure you have enough data to apply okam's razor here? Wouldn't it change your entire theory if space travel is possible, and if only one, just ONE civilization in maybe the millions that may have appeared so far in the galaxy had decided to spread intelligent life and helped other life forms. Is that so impossible? I think not, because ourselves human beings, the only intelligent civlization we know for sure, we already are spending huge efforts for space exploration.

Your assumptions are based on averages.. what if just a small percentage of civilizations had decided to do differently from what you think?.. Coulnd't it have changed everything? Know what a feedback is? Imagine a feedback working on billions of years..

I really don't understand why you want to stick so much to your basic assumption, when there is so much unknown.

Your attitude, I'm sorry to tell you, is certainly not completly logical.

I don't BELIEVE in UFOs, but I think that the usual SETI theory may be wrong, and one should not reject thousands of good UFO reports, hundreds of abduction cases, hundreds of mutilation cases, and good researchs on crop circles because of an hasardous equation..

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Fervor.

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Tyler, no one is the same...

posted on Oct, 25 2002 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 06:34 AM
link   
mass hysteria - uncertainty as to the future of the planet and general socio-economic breakdown. other than that not much. Not much at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePhoenix01

Jawohl mein Furher !!! Zu befehl !!!

Hey Dude I'm half German....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join