It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shrinking technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I was wondering, do you guys think that a alien civilization that was advanced enough could possibly developed shrinking technology. Now I know its often seen as the stuff sci fi movies are made of but think of what they could accomplish with it.

Basically it could be used for anything imaginable

- Fit an entire civilization in one ship and travel through space to another planet.

- transport tons and tons of food, and water to places needed

- creating nano technology (first creating the robots as big as cars then shrinking them to blood cell size)

- Spying

- anything

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Interesting idea.

It would have many uses as you described.

But the main problem I can think of, right off the bat is-
You would have to shrink mass, which would involve shrinking molecules that make up that mass, if I am correct?

I don't think you can shrink a molecule?

just a thought

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
actually i think ur right... i guess watching to many movies really has me thinking about this.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Honey I shrunk the laws of physics! Unless you could actually make tiny (well, tiny-er) atoms, you couldnt shrink anything with out removing some of its mass. Atoms couldnt be squeezed because of the electro-magnetic force. They cant be smaller because whole areas of atoms would travel into the tiny extra dimensions and would dissapere, and possibly time travel. I dont think movie-type shirking would be possible. I reccommend looking into transportation. An experiment successfully transported a beam of light. The only problem is that its made out of new material, and the original is destroyed. Would you risk being totally destroyed in a transported to be re-made on the other side?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This is a great thought atsguy. I know with our current science, we have no way of thinking about how somthing like this could be possible. We would tend to think that "Oh you cannot shrink molicules,atoms etc..". But we all have to rember that our science, and scientific fields of study are probably very basic and possibly flawed. Im sure other beings would have this tech, espescially if these beings are..lets say a million years older than ours.There science would be way beyond our understanding.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
In the Game "X3: Reunion", intergalactic cargo freighters use "Quantum space compression technology"
. Awesome game.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
why shrink or transport anything?.

everything you need to make anything , is all around you.
or if you want , you can go the route of synthetics - fuel, food, metal,
and even people, Clones?. sounds like a joke i know.
But we alrdy know they can grow ears on the backs of mice and other body parts in labs and recently they have a group of pigs with human hearts in them that they say in the future can used for transplants.

we have alrdy unlocked the g-nome for several animal species on earth and are like 99% done with the human side of it. they also know wich parts do what , like hair color, eye color, ect ect.. so its not a stretch to say that hybrid humans may not be to far off, Dont think it wont/cant happen,
during a world war and in desperate times there are no rules. dont kid yourself otherwise.

but back to the point, if your going to travel long distances- say 100 light yrs or so. Then either go faster than light , or worm hole tech.
yes i know the theory of light speed, you cant or so they say , so dont try to sound all techie and tell me why it cant be done , i alrdy know.
same for the worm hole tech... i'll just say this , they say it cant be done , but i think it can.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I honestly don't think shrinking technology is possible...

First, you would have to define the type of shrinking. Do the atoms shrink or are atoms taken away? If the atoms are taken away, things would need to be re-arranged and it would be way too complicated.

Plus, I don't think its possible to shrink atoms.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Kacen]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
I honestly don't think shrinking technology is possible...

So.....you guys are....telling me....that.....
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids was......FAKE?!?!

[edit on 1/27/2006 by Its_True_I_Promise]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Im gonna quote another post I made here.

Breaking The Time Barrier (by: Jenny Randles)
A more refined experiment (referring to an earlier experiment w/ linked particles across time and space) at the Austrian National University in Canberra in June 2002 extended the research and transferred many photons of light at once instantly through space. Ping Koy Lam, who masterminded this test, was upbeat about its potential uses for computing. By sending data this way, he believes we will boost the ability of computers by many orders of magnitude in the coming decade.. he was less convinced that we would ever send living beings throught space in a teleport machine.

Quantum entanglement transmits information, not things. It adapts distant particles so that they can mimic the events that you trigger. The "copy" of the data formed at the distant location is a re-creation brought about through the entangled link through hidden dimensions across space-time.

^ This ^ would be the better route for transportation of objects over long distances. In the experiment the teleportation happened instantly, faster than light, due to quantum entanglement.

(Heres a pic for you Its_True_I_Promise, 666)

[edit on 1/28/2006 by ViolatoR]

new topics

top topics

join