It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever see it snow in summer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I grew up in Michigan. Back in the 80's Michigan was in the middle of its first recorded draught. It was the middle of june and it was 105 degrees that day, very unusual for that area. I lived in one of those neighbor hoods where everyone new each other kids played football in the street and all that jazz. On this particular day there seemed to be alot of people hanging outside. All of a sudden for about 5 seconds it snowed. My entire family was outside and we all saw it. We had a radio on and as soon as it stopped snowing the DJ came on and said it had snowed and that it was currently 105 degrees. Looking back, it seemed strange that everyone was like oh, ok, and just went about their business like its perfecly normal for snow to fall during a freak draught. I had not thought about this for years until i recently read that there is a HAARP array in Michigan.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There was an unexpected snowfall in Hawaii.
Seems this never happens..?

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
One July 1st, I got snowed on.
Of course, I was on top of a 7200 foot mountain.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In the early 80s in Denver, Chery Creek area, first week in June it snowed enough to collapse tents at an event I was attending. I don't think that June snow storms are that uncommon in the Rockies, even though I don't remember any here in the Albuquerque area and we are almost 1mi. in elevation.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Very strange. Now that I think about it in the early 90s there was a highly wittnessed light phenomenon in the sky in Michigan. I saw it while plowing snow. that night on the news it was quickly written off as a passing comet and then that was that. I found that hard to believe. Looking back isnt it said there are light phenomenons associated with HAARP usage?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
In the UK a cricket match was once called off because of snow, in JUNE! However I believe it has snowed in August in the UK.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Isnt it normal for it to snow in the rockies in June? Im talking about snow while it was 105 degrees. That initself was strange Michigan has very mild summers with temperatures rarely reaching the 90s.Now that Im thinking about it it seems the snow coincided with blackouts all over the state.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
unfortunately Im no weather expert so if anyone is could you please explain how this could naturally occur. Im going to do some research and try to figure out how to post links.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Heres some weirdness news.nationalgeographic.com...
I thought it was quite warm in Greece.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
We were in New Hampshire in the early 80s and it snowed in June. And stayed on the ground for a day or so before melting off.

Snow on Mauna Kea is pretty common out here. Haleakala not so much, so if it snows there, we know we're in for a cold day.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, i have to say I posted this thread in the military and government projects because I THINK there is a Possible HAARP connection here. I really dont know that much about HAARP but from what Ive read it might be possible. I do Know that my ex-wifes father worked at the HAARP installation in Alaska during the late 70s he even took some pictures that i now have. This guy barely had a highschool education but when he got out of the Navy he went to work for Ford in Michigan doing some kind of electromagnetic resonance something or another.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GM Historian
In the UK a cricket match was once called off because of snow, in JUNE! However I believe it has snowed in August in the UK.

Does anyone Know if there are HAARP installations besides the U.S?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Whereabouts in Michigan was this?
I'm so wondering how I missed this snow event.....I have no recollection of snow in summer in metro Detroit.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I lived in roseville at the time[much nicer place in the 80s] Like I said it only happened for a few seconds.infact I forgot all about it until I read an offhand comment about it snowing in the summer in the montauk investigations by william one sac.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The Year Without a Summer

In May of 1816, however, frost killed off most of the crops that had been planted, and in June two large snowstorms resulted in many human deaths as well. In July and August, lake and river ice were observed as far south as Pennsylvania. Rapid, dramatic temperature swings were common, with temperatures sometimes reverting from normal or above-normal summer temperatures as high as 95 °F (35 °C) to near-freezing within hours.

I also remember reading about a freak snowstorm in July that happened in normaly hot and humid parts of Canada several decades ago but I can't find a link on it.

[edit on 1/25/2006 by Gools]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
lets see im about to be 28 it happened when I was 9 or 10 and it was june or july but my gut says june. im going to check farmers almanac.com to see if it lists it.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

The Year Without a Summer

In May of 1816, however, frost killed off most of the crops that had been planted, and in June two large snowstorms resulted in many human deaths as well. In July and August, lake and river ice were observed as far south as Pennsylvania. Rapid, dramatic temperature swings were common, with temperatures sometimes reverting from normal or above-normal summer temperatures as high as 95 °F (35 °C) to near-freezing within hours.

I also remember reading about a freak snowstorm in July that happened in normaly hot and humid parts of Canada several decades ago but I can't find a link on it.

.im having difficulty finding it myself I appreciate the help. I know this happened ive questioned everyone in my family about it as well as my ex-wife who also grew up in michigan and they all remembered it.

[edit on 1/25/2006 by Gools]

[edit on 25-1-2006 by SoLaR513]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have no idea if this is relevant or not. Mt. St. Helens erupted in 1980. When I first saw the ash (I was approaching Beaverton) I thought it was snow. Some ash did travel that far east. In fact the second eruption nearly buried a town in northern Idaho.

I was trapped in blizzard on July the 8th in the early 80,s. I was in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. The day before it was in the upper 70's.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I have no idea if this is relevant or not. Mt. St. Helens erupted in 1980. When I first saw the ash (I was approaching Beaverton) I thought it was snow. Some ash did travel that far east. In fact the second eruption nearly buried a town in northern Idaho.

I was trapped in blizzard on July the 8th in the early 80,s. I was in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. The day before it was in the upper 70's.

I actually thought about that but it was to early.I also very specifically remeber the radio saying it was snow. I think it was WRIF if that helps.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Yesterday evening it was raining,snowing,thunder,and lightning all at the same time.

It was the weirdeest weather in my area ive ever seen.

Oooo yea it was hail too.

<<   2 >>

join