It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whale in London Thames,

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
They have it on the pontoon and are now moving it down the river to another location where they are going to give it a full check-up to see if it's okay, before deciding what to do with it.. (ie, release it or put it down if it's very ill).

Update: 14:46 GMT..

They have just lifted the Whale using a crane onto the barge for the check-up.

[edit on 21-1-2006 by Keeval]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Sky news flash - One found dead covered in mud in Putney (london) about 3 feet long. But could be a dolphin.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Vet has confirmed that the Whale is in good condition. The only concern is the place thay want to release it. As he is not happy releasing it in the estuary, so they are trying to source a vessel capable of taking the Whale out to sea.

Update...

The mammal found earlier near Putney is a harbour porpoise, not a bottle-nosed Whale.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
oh turn for the worse
there saying that the whale may not be well enough to transfer.... Waiting now to see what happens,

they are also appealing for a deep sea vessle to help aid the rescue,

/but the health of the whale is getting worse, this was a possible outcome of moving the whale on to the barge, It was a risk but one they had to take,

I really really hope this whale can make it

www.sky.com...

[edit on 21-1-2006 by asala]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Friggin Tragedy,

its looking grim, it'll be devasting if it doesn't make it!
we need to find out how this happend.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Still being transported at the moment. I'm going to stay up all night and see if he makes it.

Lets all hope for the best!

Oh, and do you think they'll tag it to find out if it survives in the ocean?

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Oh, and do you think they'll tag it to find out if it survives in the ocean?

gosh i hope they do.
but more important i hope that if anything this brings to light these great creatures,

There must be a reason they have swam so close and i hope that now this is a hot topic we can look in to how we can help these whales out in the ocean,

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
update

Vet says that they think now it can be released,

There are thinking that it may be about 9pm UK time from margate,

The whales breathing very fast at the moment as a result of stress,

Fingers Crossed X

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
update

Vet says that they think now it can be released,

There are thinking that it may be about 9pm UK time from margate,

The whales breathing very fast at the moment as a result of stress,

Fingers Crossed X

One would hope that the very second that our friend here sounds that (s)he's in deep water, and out of all the trauma and the noise of being in a narrow shallow river, miles inland and surrounded by ~7 million people the stress will just lift away ... (I know mine would).

The Thames Estuary is what maybe ~15 miles accross at Margate, so if the 'Southend' whale is still around, they should be able to sound each other, and one can only hope that they both swim off into to North Sea to safety.

Good luck big fella !

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
oh my goodness :@(

The whale im sorry to announce has died,

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that, I was hoping he/she'd make it. Amazing isn't it, that in ENgland an entire city was captivated and doing their best to save the whale, whilst on the other side of the world Japanese whaling fleets are murdering them in the most horrendous of ways.

[edit on 21-1-2006 by mad scientist]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Dead. After all of that. I am deeply saddened.

It is amazing though, the entire country captivated for a few days. This whale has done amazing things. We all stopped worrying about ourselves and went to help the whale.

The whale will be remembered, thats for sure, for uniting a country, keeping an entire country on edge and showig us that there is hope.

RIP

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
WTF!!

There are 100's of whales being killed in the pacific and people get all deprssed when one dies in there back garden , how is this whale any diffrent any other that is killed for food or other stupid reasons

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
WTF!!

There are 100's of whales being killed in the pacific and people get all deprssed when one dies in there back garden , how is this whale any diffrent any other that is killed for food or other stupid reasons

That's just exactly the point, there isn't any difference.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

WTF!!

I knew someone was going to say something like this. No-one wants to hear it. If you don't have anything nice to say. Don't say anything at all.

People have strong feelings towards animals, especially those that they have come to 'know' This whale was only in the publics eye for a few days, but it was something that never happens and watching it live on TV thrashing around was truly saddening. That's why we care.

Why did we care about any of the hostages in Iraq? We didn't know them. Oh, and hundreds of people die every day, so why should we care?

Because, we don't like to see helpless creatures dying, that's why. Be it animal, human, whatever.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0951

WTF!!

Then why are all you nearly crying over this when the same thing is happeing somwhere else shoundt you being crying 24/7 then??!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It might sound 'selfish' but it's because we don't 'know' the other ones. We came to 'know' this whale and wanted it to survive. That's why.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0951

WTF!!

Then why are all you nearly crying over this when the same thing is happeing somwhere else shoundt you being crying 24/7 then??!

some of us ARE crying 24/7 when we see the crap that`s happening all over the world

[edit on 21-1-2006 by FredH]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Well how I see this is.... This whale in London has just opened a heck of aloft more peoples minds to what is going on out there,

Many people here in London have never seen a whale and intern never really thought much about them, Now people have seen and have a passion to save a creature like this, Hopefully this feeling will stay in the minds of all the people who stood on the Thames banks, and all them little kids who stood there all day taking pics for school, This feeling will now be something they can connect with when the hear about other whales in the world being killed,

I for one am going to be looking a lot more in to whats happening out in our own ocean,

And I do care about the other whale, I just wish I could do more to help them other than sighing pertitions online and donating to causes, but that's the only means I know of,

Hopefully this will shead more lights on things,

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
[edit on 1/21/2006 by iamian]

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join