It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Now In Colorado?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I recall seeing an article in "Popular Science " magazine three to five years ago(around 2000) stating that Area 51 seemed to be deserted for the most part and claiming that most secret US government research at Area 51 had been relocated to a undetermined location in northern Colorado. How they came to this conclusion is beyond my understanding. Is anyone familiar with this article or could it have been a "plant"?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The author of that article wasn't a plant. He was just a fool. His story has long since been discredited. I'm surprised his shoddy journalism didn't cost him his job.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I heard that a super secret underground facility that can only be reached by flying to it is being built in a remote part of Utah. Sounds like something new to search for, although I doubt anyone will be able to get there on foot!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
I heard that a super secret underground facility that can only be reached by flying to it is being built in a remote part of Utah. Sounds like something new to search for, although I doubt anyone will be able to get there on foot!

I can't imagine any place that cannot be reached on foot with the right equipment. They must mean cannot be reached on foot without being spotted first. Even then I would bet some Spec. Forces could still do it.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I remember the Popular Mechanics artical you are talking about. The author claimed that Groom Lake was abandoned, and that all of the research had been moved to a secret site in Uath called the Green River Launch Complex.

It wasn't a plant, it was a rookie! The man who wrote the article went looking for Groom Lake, but got lost and ended up on Mail Box Road, instead of Groom Lake Road. He wound up in a remote area of the Nellis bombing range. Since this paticual area didn't house anything secret, the security was very relaxed, and noone seemed to be around. Believeing that he was at a "back entance" to Area 51, the lack of tight security lead him to believe the Groom Lake was abandoned. In really he was never at Groom Lake that day!

Tim

top topics

join