It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ian Leahy - The new UFO caller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Browsing the JREF million dollar challenge applicants I spotted Mr Ian Leahy who claims that he will summon UFOs by will, much like Prophet Yahweh. Unlike Prophet Yahweh, Ian Leahy doesn't have an "established name" as an "UFO-caller" and offers no prior proof of his abilities. I did a quick Google search on his name along with "UFO" but nothing came up...

Here's his application at JREF.

I, Ian D. LEahy, propose to use my thoughts to summon an unidentified flying object for observation in the sky.

Unfortunately Mr Leahy is communicating via surface mail, and experience told us that the JREF challenge is a ridiculously slow process, so it might be a while before we get to see anything exciting.

Also, applying for the JREF challenge seems to be a challenge on its own. As we know Prophet Yahweh also entered the million-dollar contest, but was later rejected because Kramer (admin for the contest) and Prophet Yahweh could not agree on terms.

Rules for the challenge are extremely strict, and they seem a bit reluctant to part with their million dollars... But then again if you look at the amount of whack-jobs that apply, it's understandable.

So we wait. I really hope that this time our hopes and dreams aren't shattered as usual...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I will watch this with interest.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
"JREF Rules for the challenge are extremely strict" ????

Lol!..its unwinnable!!!

Be fair and post what are his 'rules'.

www.randi.org...

"A quick glance through the provisions seems to show an eminently reasonable and fair challenge. But now go back and look again a little more carefully, this time with the kind of critical eye that Randi brings to exposing cheats and frauds. What you find are some ambiguities that are likely to make any serious claimant uneasy to say the least.

The first such ambiguity is contained in the preamble where it says, "Since claims vary greatly in character and scope, specific rules must be formulated for each applicant."

This means, quite reasonably, that the rules for any particular attempt cannot be finalised until a claimant steps forward and announces what he or she is going to do -- bend spoons, read minds or walk on fire. But it also means that Randi will fomulate the rules for each individual attempt at his challenge on an ad hoc basis. And, of course, the claimant has to agree to these ad hoc rules. If he or she does not agree, the contest will not take place at all.

The second ambiguity is in Clause 4, which says that "Tests will be designed in such a way that no "judging" procedure is required. Results will be self-evident to any observer, in accordance with the rules which will be agreed upon by all parties in advance of any formal testing procedure taking place."

This means, quite reasonably, that there will be no interminable arguments by 'experts' over statistical measurements. Either the spoon bends or it doesn't: either the claimant reads minds or he doesn't. The written rules, agreed up front, will decide.

But it also means that there will be no objective, independent judging or adjudication, by scientific criteria, carried out by qualified professional scientists. Randi alone will say whether the terms of the challenge have been met -- whether the metal was bent psychically, or the electronic instrument deflected by mental power, or the remote image was correctly reproduced. In the event that the claimant insists the written terms have been met, but Randi disagrees, then it will be Randi's decision that prevails.

Not only will Randi be the sole judge of whether the claimant is successful, but even if a claimant appeals on scientific grounds that he has met the agreed terms of the challenge, Randi will be the sole arbiter of any appeal as well. Randi says there will be "no judging". In reality, he is both judge and jury -- not only of the claimant's cause but of his own cause as well.

With these two major ambiguities in the rules it would not be surprising if Randi never found a serious claimant to accept his challenge. Any potential claimant who reads the rules carefully will be concerned about two things.

First that the terms enable Randi to draw up specific rules that are unwinnable -- and hence that no claimant would agree to -- and then enable him to claim that "no-one has won the prize".

Second there is Randi's own objectivity"

Source:- Randi the quack

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Anyone who could summon spacecraft at will and will only do it for 1 million dollars says what?

After some 60 years of presumed government cover up and intrigue, some regular person can call an alien space craft at will. I would definately make sure that the participant didn't get away with a frivalous act to collect 1 million. It's clear that after charletans like Prophet Yaweah that you have to make sure the claiment is legit. Someone who can summon Alien spacecraft has absolutely nothing to hide. Except maybe the truth.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by nullster]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
all this ufo summoning mumbo jumbo is funny...I mean come on...why would the aliens show up anyway? just to say hi? Space Catez?

top topics

join