It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Monsters...Your opinion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hey, I'm new hear to ATS. What do you guys think about lake monster?Nessie, Champ etc. Any pics and info would be nicce

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i think there is a possiblility of there being a creature that lives in a lake that only needs to come up to water like a fish does sometimes...

But i also have heard of a nother creature here in america in the lake inchicago i think. Some people have seen them and they resemble a ancient serpant.

check out this site it has some cool pics..im surprised no one ever started a thread about the long neck dinosaurs possibly living in the rain forest.. i would but im tired..lol
www.americanmonsters.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Even Lake Temiskaming in Northern Ontario, Canada has a lake monster. It was supposed to be 2 braves tall and 7 braves long. At least that was the legend.
Did kick something in the lake once while swimming, but it wasn't nearly that big

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There are plenty of creatures that we have yet to discover. Nessie is overhyped, but I am sure there are a lot of "monsters" that yet have not been found.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkie the Wondersnail
Even Lake Temiskaming in Northern Ontario, Canada has a lake monster. It was supposed to be 2 braves tall and 7 braves long. At least that was the legend.
Did kick something in the lake once while swimming, but it wasn't nearly that big

How long is a "brave"?

Hanyhows, back to the topic... Personally I think there are some instances of the lake monster legend to be true. But not all of them. I haven't decided which are a yay or nay... Does anyone have a complete list of all the Lake Monsters from Nessie to Lake Van, etc?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Serch is your friend.. We have loooots of thread on those subjects!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Lots of people say that Nessie is a surviving plesiosaur from the Mesozoic, which would be a neat trick, because Loch Ness itself is only about 50,000 years old.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of presently-unknown critters in the oceans, especially in the benthic depths and all, since those areas are so big and relatively un-explored. I'm also pretty sure, for the same reasons, that there aren't big unknown critters in lakes (except maybe Lake Superior or Lake Baikal) because lakes are simply too small and shallow to hide a critter that big for so long.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Our local chamber of commerce and tourism board 'created' one. Invented an 'old Indian legend', made some bizarre tracks along the shoreline, photoshopped some pictures, etc.

It hasn't drawn hordes of tourists yet, but we're still hoping.

The reported 'UFO bases' nearby didn't draw anyone either, and we didn't even invent that one -- wacky conspiracy theorists did.

Oh well, it was worth a try.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Just because you asked
a brave is the height of a man

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hey new ATS member

My opninion of Nessie etc.. are that the could be alive but why he didnt die when the other Dino's died? thats my question

one of the most populair nessie pics ( Its a hoax )
Nessie hoax
It is debunked already a long time ago.. The pic was first a sort of paint art work and later scanned and maked up with some programs like Photo shop or somthing like that.

This should be an underwater scan of Nessie in the lake.. But i dont really know of this one is debunked already here.. But i think its a hoax
Nessie underwater

This could be Nessie or some rocks..
Nessie or some rocks

This could be Nessie.. But my opninion is that its just a wave in the lake..:
Nessie?

These where the pics i found.
Greetings from Cas!
Much ATS fun !

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Men i tell you i have even a nessie in my backyard pool !

Naaaaahhhh... De Boer, je moet eruit !

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Lake monsters like Champ and Nessie COULD exist but since there are no clear photos their more likely a story made up by somebody who needed attention.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
we have no proof that nessie exists. nessie might even be a part of a tree trunk. only god knows.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Although it is still technically possible for a Plesiosaur to exist today, I doubt it. Instead, I think that most lake monsters can be explained by the fact that sometimes eels and lake sturgeons can grow to be pretty big, especially if the lake or river that they live in has a large supply of the food that they live in AND if they live to a ripe old age for eels or sturgeons. Even catfish have been known to grow to extremely large sizes if they are lucky enough to live a long life and the food supply is adequate for them to feed on. But on the other hand, I still think that it is at least technically feasible for a Plesiousaur to live today, as in the early to mid 1930's, the Coelacanth was found to be living around Madagascar and Southern Africa, despite the fact that it supposedly went extinct some 65 million years ago.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm not thinking there is anything to find in Lochness ,maybe some of the other lakes if they have a outlet to the sea

but I think anything is possible in the ocean ,I would love it if there was a Basilosaurus or something like that out there

There is a guy speculating that Nessie has died

recently some crazy strange fish have been 'discovered' in the Congo river

its big world ,and with the economy tanking it going to get even bigger,exploration is going to come to a halt here soon ,shipping is going to return to the Dark Ages ,if we find anything it will be a fortunate accident

oh I almost forgot ! those ginormous birds are real I 've seen one

[edit on (2/15/0909 by invisiblewoman]

join