It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Brain Computer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I heard that they were using human brain tissues to transport data in some new Government computer. If you think about it the human brain... That is pretty fast but still not right.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Where did you hear that? Can you find any sources?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It was from a friend that I got a call from... He sounded pretty upset about it. I just wanted to see if anyone knew or heared about it

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Never heard of that...but have heard of them trying to make bio-computers with synthesized organic material...but the research (at least publicly) seems to be at the initial stage, akin to where nano-tech is right now....

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hmmm you mean the movie with keanue reeves. Johnny Mnemonic (spelling?)
Real research is being done on creating electrical circuits based on dna scaffolding, in a sense self assembling molecular sized circuits. Nothing evil about it, just good science, you can read about it on CNN.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I've never heard of research on turning brains to CPUs, but I did think that it could be done somehow.

The human brain is incredibly powerful. The CPUs we have noadays are nothing compared to the power of our brains. I'm not quite sure it compares in percentage of processing power, but the brain still outperforms by a landslide. We've reached the level where CPUs have the same/more processing power as a lizard.

Here's a link showing the comparison.

library.thinkquest.org...

Overall, the retina seems to process about ten one-million-point images per second.

Because the 1,500 cubic centimeter human brain is about 100,000 times as large as the retina, by simple calculation, we can estimate the processing power of a average brain to be about 100 million MIPS (Million computer Instructions Per Second ). In case you're wondering how much speed that is, let us give you an idea.

1999's fastest PC processor chip on the market was a 700 MHz pentium that did 4200 MIPS. By simple calculation, we can see that we would need at least 24,000 of these processors in a system to match up to the total speed of the brain !! (Which means the brain is like a 168,0000 MHz Pentium computer). But even so, other factors like memory and the complexity of the system needed to handle so many processors will not be a simple task. Because of these factors, the figures we so childishly calculated will most probably be a very serious underestimate.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
the huamn brain only runs at about 4 htz man, they have computers that run in thtz likey why would they can a slow human brain, maybe for the dynamics of abaility, easy programmablity

join