It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Is It just me or do alot of people say anime that are off of Adult swim
when you ask them whats there favorite anime series.

so whats yours anime, manga, etc. fav.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Most people dont have access to a fast enough connection to torrent anime. Adult swim is a popular late night show and people get to watch anime for free, although theyd go get a nice computer and a T1 line if they knew what was good for them.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It's just easy access is all. I mean, do you see the ridiculous prices they are going for in the stores if you don't now any better to try other avenues of purchase. I use to go into nyc Chinatown and get bootlegs years ago, but these days internet anime sites are a dime a dozen. Here is a good one for you: www.nextdayanime.com...

I got a perfectly good quality copy of the Fooly Cooly series from them for $10 where as Amazon charges around $80 for the series. Shop smart, shop S-mart.

As far as series go Serial Experiment Lain and Fushugi Yuugi are two that I really got into, not playing on the cartoon channel.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
But there are other animes out there. Fruits basket is a good one, kodocha is another one.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I love BL. it runs in the family i have like over 20 hours of gumby shows that dad use to copy not to count the numerous 80's movies. I got the full series of Outlawstar for like 20 dollars off of ebay

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wings
But there are other animes out there. Fruits basket is a good one, kodocha is another one.

I'm sure there are, but if people don't have easy access to them or intentionally search them out then they don't know about them.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Jonna]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
i sugess they go to a local movie rent place like movie gallery, blockbusters, mr.petes, flick video, they ussaly have some good titals and some horrable ones but still

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I can't stand most anime, probably because I have a friend that is totally absorbed with it and I more or less got sick of it, but otherwise, I like Hellsing (:hail
, the blockbuster anime movies (like Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Ninja Scroll, Princess Mononoke, etc.,) and that's about it. During my "can't get enough" phase of anime consumption, I actually watched all 13 episodes of Love Hina
. Nowadays I can't watch a single frame of the stuff, though last year I sat through the entire Hellsing series to show it to my then-girlfriend.

Zip

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Wait, it's coming back to me. I used to watch Hikaru no Go, Trigun, Gungrave, Furi Kuri, uhmm... I guess those are the ones that I liked the most.

Zip

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yes i love hell sing! ive got the firs vol of it. and some of those most of them ive seen

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I received Hellsing as a xmas present and I can't say I really care for it, but then again english dubs really take something vital away for me.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i love foreign films in there ture
Happy times hut kills me its so funny its not anime but lol
some times the undubed somes more right

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I received Hellsing as a xmas present and I can't say I really care for it, but then again english dubs really take something vital away for me.

Oh HELL no. Hellsing SUCKS dubbed.

Zip

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I prefer manga over anime (the pictures are much more detailed, and for the most part you get a better storyline), a few good ones Ive read lately are:

King of thorns
Mai-Hime
666 Satan
Full metal alchemist (Manga has a different story line)

Also, check Gun Grave and Elfen Lied out in anime, excellent choices

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ive goy quite a few of those full set of gravitation vol 1-12, 1-2 vol fruits basket, only the ring finger knows, Anticque bakery vol. 2, off beat vol 1, shinnobu kokoro, La esperanca vol.1, under the glass moon vol 1, petshop of horrors vol 1 and acouple more i can't remiber.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Oh ya, I think the name is Blood: The last Vampire. The animation is probably the best of the anime that I've seen. Unfortinatly, there is only one episode to my knowledge.

I saw Princess Mononoke in the theater in Japan when it debuted. Of course I couldn't understand a word of it, but it was a great experience as it let my imagination run wild on the plot. When it finally came over to the US dubbed, I was greatly disappointed in the intentional plot. Sometimes not knowing and imposing your own ideas makes it much more personal.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I love blood the last vampirer it kicked butt.

remiber seeing the previews for princesss mononoke and it was so good it was one of my favorites...i got it from the movie place and i couldn't read so well and i though it said Prince moon stroke lol

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Anime isn't thought to be as big as other things in America, so that explains their shortage. One of my favorite anime is from Adult swim, (Cowboy Bebop). But I like other anime, like Gundam and Lupin the 3rd. I wish I could list more but animme isn't really avaliable in my state. And I don't have a credit card so I can't order from an anime site.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
there is a series out that is based off of Blood the last vampire

called Blood+

I havent seen it, but i've heard of it though.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I grew up watching Gundam Wing...best Anime series ever...

<<   2 >>

join