It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons heritage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I was reading earlier today about the knights Templar, and what happened to them. It led into the Freemasons of Scotland. Thats when the Templar order was disbanded by the Brit Gov and supposedly the knights were absorbed into the Freemasons of Scotland. Thats the theory anyway. Another theory is that they helped Switzerland become a nation and the knights stayed there. The templars had gotten on the bad side of france back in 1300's and France disbanded and killed all Templars within its borders. Of the excapees, I'm sure some went east to Switzerland, and some ended up in Scotland. But of course, there were plenty of other templar knights who weren't even in France at the time. The other countries eventually followed France's lead, and disbanded the order of the templars within their borders as well. But they didn't torture and kill them as France had done. So there were plenty of former Templar knights left. Did they take their society underground?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Today KTs are an adjunct to the York Rite in Freemasonry. Who knows what happened to any true descendants of the original Knights.

Masonic legend derives from Egypt and the Bible and the Crusades and so many other historical and mythical elements as to be confusing to the scholar who is not a participant in the Craft itself.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
MA, could i ask what degree you assume?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You could, and you would get the standard response, below.

join