It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp Hero Closed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The reasons given are probably legitimate, but leave it to me to watch all things Camp Hero related. And why isnt the "park" closed during the day as well? They closed a couple of adjacent parks as well, so as I said they are most likely giving a legitimate reason for the closures, however I wish I could go spend a couple of nights out there right now!

But as of Friday night, the state's Montauk Point and Camp Hero parks, among other East End parks, were closed from dusk to dawn indefinitely after Suffolk officials discovered that an Aug. 26 mosquito sample tested positive for eastern equine encephalitis, a rare and sometimes fatal disease.

www.newsday.com...

DEADLY VIRUS SHUTS DOWN 3 L.I. PARKS

[Edited on 9-29-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Indeed, rather suspicious wouldnt you say???

I would be very interseted to see if ElfRad could monitor any and all transmissions from Camp Hero right now...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
WOS, keep up the good work on Camp Hero! Been following your quests for sometime, and i do believe you're on to something.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Seems a bit odd to me. My town is not "shut down" and we had a few of the little blood suckers test positive here this year. I'll be watching your site, WOS.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well, I have sent out the bat signal to several researchers so hopefully if something is going on I will catch wind of it. I have also contacted a few people who live at and near Montauk Point, who have approached me through my site over the years, to keep their eyes open for any suspicious activity. It is frustrating that I cant go out there for a week and see what if anything is going on, I would definitely like to speak to some of the striper fishermen for what their take is on the situation.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But as of Friday night, the state's Montauk Point and Camp Hero parks, among other East End parks, were closed from dusk to dawn indefinitely after Suffolk officials discovered that an Aug. 26 mosquito sample tested positive for eastern equine encephalitis, a rare and sometimes fatal disease.

The old (mosquito ploy) i guess ebola virus would have been a bit over the top.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The old (mosquito ploy) i guess ebola virus would have been a bit over the top.

yeah it probably would have been a little too much.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Amazing that those mosquitoes confine themselves to the parks...
They must be well-trained...

Yeah, I believe that cover story....look out for any green flashes of light, and reappearing ships...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Indeed, rather suspicious wouldnt you say???

Very. My guess is there's something else going on and they are using this excuse to as cover. Man I would love to go there and od a bit of spying to see what's really going on.

top topics

join