It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Site ERROR

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm using IE5.5 and have been getting a syntex error on the forum index page since I first came here. The error is on line 138.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am using win 2000 i.e. 6.0.blahblah blah
When clicking on the Icon it is line 139 Char 1 Syntax Error Code 0

Hope that helps.

No, I don't have popup add software.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Every now and again I will also receive this error, however it is not a permanent issue.

Perhaps you are simply accessing the index page during a period when the message board is being worked on, thus temporarily causing minor Javascript errors.

At this very moment of posting, there are no detectable errors.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This error happens everytime I go to the index page. I see it many times per day. Not just on occassion.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I agree I have seen the error on many occasions...thru the last week.

Two other questions come to mind..

Having received a u2u from advisor, does that mean I have been spanked?

Is there a way for a member to click on something to find out if they, or how many times they have been reprimanded?

Just curious, as I have read discussion in chat and elsewhere of warnings, and dont really know how to find out if I have been warned (other than assuming a u2u from advisor means such).

Thanks

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
When somebody gets a warning from staff, you get an automated u2u stating you got the warning and who gave it to you. Plus a deduction of points. You will also receive a red tag in your mini-profile that says "warning." Warnings expire after 72 hours...

[Edited on 9-29-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
alrighty then, well I still recieve it. It probebly just doesn't happen on your computer. You probebly have a version of java on you comp that allows something to happen that nobody else see's they see the error, anyhow I mearly suggest looking at it from a public computer such as a library. I will drop this now, as it is boaring me, but if I were you, I'd also check that line.

Thanks though,

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
WOS

Sadly, there is no red warning tag generated in the mini-profile any more, unless that decision was reversed recently.

I thought the public nature of it was actually a useful deterrent to most people, to resume the path of good wholesome productive on-topic posting.

You would always react differently to someone who had been branded with a Warning. And not in the way that parents in some cultures force their children to carry a sign saying "I am a thief", or in a concentration camp way, but just with a knowing that the person has some issues of decorum, to be watched.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
WOS

Sadly, there is no red warning tag generated in the mini-profile any more, unless that decision was reversed recently.

That is odd. I can see several members with the warning tag. Maybe a glitch? Thanks for pointing that out. I will bring it up with William.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
WOS

It makes sense.

Maybe only Moderators see the Warnings now.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I see it as well.
On the topic of errors I am always getting "connection failed" on the chat, which times out almost immediatly I access it... which is a bummer...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I see it every timje..

if you click on the board topic menu bar..

Above Top Secret 2.0 >> Board Questions >>...

and click on the "Above Top Secret 2.0"

then when the page renders, you will note a IE6.0 error in the status bar on the left. "Done With errors"

Click on that and you will see the error statement pop up box

IE5.5 will give you a pop up box automatically

Doesnt affect operation,...but does seem to indicate a java error or something related to the scripting in the php module

(doesnt show up if you Open In A New Window)

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
William, I'm getting syntax errors again. Line 28

[Edited on 1-10-2003 by iconoclast]

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The links on the main menu such as (Area-51)and (UFO)seem to be brocken.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOSTTWARE
Your to messages to me say DO NOT REPLY. Well then as unproffesional as it is, I am replying here. where else?

I'm with LOSTTWARE on this one, I was warned a while back and received a U2U telling me that I've been warned. The bottom of the U2U said "DO NOT REPLY"

Don't I have the right to at least find out WHY the hell I was warned? Do police just go give tickets to people on the street without giving them a reason? Are we NOT allowed to speak out on this site?

<< 1   >>

join