It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Site ERROR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I am new here, so you guys probebly have already noticed this but in case you haven't....

One Line 139 of www.abovetopsecret.com... there is a syntax error. Char 1. Just incase you guy's already didn't notice.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You came here yesterday and you're hacking the site already

edit - love what you hack, hack what you love!

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
i don't see nothing meng

!

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Heh, not hacking just observing, I haven't changed anything nor do I intend to, I was just currious how some things work. I haven't used PHP before but am getting ready to learn it.

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by LOSTTWARE]

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
uhh thanks for the information.

/hacks away

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
ATS does not in any way support hacking or the providing of information on how to hack or what tools to use.

If you recieved a u2u from me, than you recieved a WARN.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
well in defence, I was only trying to help, I do believe that if you are using internet explorer 6.0 or above and go to www.abovetopsecret.com... after the page loads, it will tell you in the bottom left corner on the status bar the errors on the page. All you have to do is double click it. Also, I said I wasn't hacking, just observing, all I did was view the source code. I haven't used any ftp software or viewed any files I shouldn't have. I think it is unappropriate to sit there and give me "warnings" for trying to help and assuming that I was hacking. I no how to, but I was not. I simply viewed the source, copied it and pasted it into an editor which gave me an error. In conclusion, thanks for asking first and not making assumsions.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOSTTWARE
well in defence, I was only trying to help, I do believe that if you are using internet explorer 6.0 or above and go to www.abovetopsecret.com... after the page loads, it will tell you in the bottom left corner on the status bar the errors on the page. All you have to do is double click it. Also, I said I wasn't hacking, just observing, all I did was view the source code. I haven't used any ftp software or viewed any files I shouldn't have. I think it is unappropriate to sit there and give me "warnings" for trying to help and assuming that I was hacking. I no how to, but I was not. I simply viewed the source, copied it and pasted it into an editor which gave me an error. In conclusion, thanks for asking first and not making assumsions.

There is absolutely no "assumption" in the fact that you are posting information on the "best hack tool."
That kinda #'ll get you banned 'round these parts. Be happy if you get off with only a warn.

-B.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Further more, I see that you docked "points" from me for trying to help. I know that if someone saw an error on my site, as webmaster I'd appreciate them telling me. Your to messages to me say DO NOT REPLY. Well then as unproffesional as it is, I am replying here. where else?

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
losttware- I wasn't aruond myself (being a newbie somewhat) but several months ago ATS was hacked down by a group of freaks under the name Take Back ATS (T-Bats).

I would donate 10,000 points to your point account if i could. To bad there's no economic system in ats, like Ever-Crack. Your points will reaccumulate as you [post] anyway.

edit- my english does not reaccumulate, apparently.

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ahh, you guys are po'ed about the hack tool thing? Geeze, it has other purposes too ya know, like metric conversions. My bad on that part, I edited it out. Sorry about that. But still, I did not in any way hack this site.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOSTTWARE
Ahh, you guys are po'ed about the hack tool thing? Geeze, it has other purposes too ya know, like metric conversions. My bad on that part, I edited it out. Sorry about that. But still, I did not in any way hack this site.

No one said you hacked anything on ATS.

The problem is with the information you've since edited out. This is something that ATS does not condone on the site, and for good reason.
If you'll take a moment to read Advisor's post above, you will see that the information you posted was the problem - he never said you hacked anything.

-B.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am willing to discuss this openly.

We here at ATS have ZER0 tolerance for topics revolving around hacking and or tools pertaining to.

Relax about the WARN, they are temporary, unless you push the subject at hand. If you need to or want to contest this incident, simply place a complaint through the usual channels.

Oh, and by the way LOSTTWARE. Nothing personal, just doing my voluntary job.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yokay, Well I felt but may have read wrong, that I was being attacked for the fact that I "hacked" the ats board, which I did not. My bad.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Nope, if we thought you had hacked ATS. You would not have been simply given a WARN.

Instead you would have been BANNED, as mentioned above, reported to the FBI, along with your known IPs and all other information pertaining the the matter.

But thats not the case here is it.

Take care and enjoy your new online fetish. Because thats about how addicting it gets...
Don't say I didn't warn you...LMAO

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'd have done the same, but hacking though not condoned here, does make for interesting conversation, and is not always bad. I learned perl by hacking a message board system (on my server) and turning it into store managing software. Never the less, you do not condone it here, and that is cool. I just wasn't aware of the fact until now.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Lets not forget the reason for this post, there is an error on index.php I was trying to let you guy's know about. Whoever the webmaster of this place is, should probebly be notified.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm not able to reproduce the error on several different browsers. The announced error would be in the _javascript, and there is no syntax issue on the line number you indicated.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am using I.E. 6.0.2800.1106
The error doesn't show on any other Php forms, just this one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It says page done, but with errors.
Then if I hold the mouse over a forum or forum description I get an error like this in the status bar
Error, www.abovetopsecret.com... not just on that one, but on any of them. I think it is like if you were to have a popup or like a mouse over, it isn't working.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Click on the IE error icon, it will give you the exact text location of the error.

I'm not seeing it on:
Safari OSX
IE5.2 OSX
IE6 Win2000
Mozilla RedHat

Do you have any ad-blocking software installed?

<<   2 >>

join