It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

A "DEAD zone" has been discovered at the epicentre of last year's tsunami, four kilometres down in the Indian Ocean.

Scientists made an 11-hour dive at the site five months after the disaster and were shocked to find no sign of life around the epicentre, which opened up a 1000-metre chasm on the ocean floor. There was nothing but eerie emptiness.

www.theage.com.au...

This is a very enlightening article. It's amazing at how much was affected not on the land itself, but also under the ocean. There was also a change in the life forms that made that part of the sea it's home.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What if all these tsunami's are being created by tunnel boring machines, that they're boring to a certain point in the ocean floor, then setting off explosives, or some other way of making it happen?

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
``

i'm afraid i don't really have anything to bring to the table,

i just understand that at 4 km deep, in a dark and coldwater environment
there aren't that many lifeforms so crowded elsewhere that the
dead-zone would teem with organisams 5 months after the local cataclysm

what i dont quite understand though
is the last sentence of the link you provided says the
water temperature down there is 4 degrees!!

-is that possible-??

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
water temperature down there is 4 degrees!!

-is that possible-??

I depends wether they were talking about F, C or K. If they were talking 4 degrees above absolute zero then I would think that would be impossible, they must be talking about Celsuis because 4 degrees F would be below freezing would it not?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
As it's an Australian news site, I would say they meant 4C.

It would be interesting if they did another dive now, 12 months on to see if it is still a 'dead zone'.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
if they say the water temp was 4% then there talking in Centergrate.
wich means the temp is apx38% F . Just above freazing as is 99.9% of the oceans of the world once you get down below 800 feet or so.
as for the dead zone possible the quake had some valcanic part as well as fult acctivity. So its possible that a large content of sulfer or some other cemical was relised at the time of the quake there by killing life in the vicinty.
(earth boring mechings lol ) Hollow earth LOL) this place is like have ever chezzy tabloyd at your finger tips lol.
Of corse there is lots of go info mixed in as well wich is why i like it here.

join