It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G.U.T. is almost complete!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Any tips or comments from those in the know. I have already revised Einstein's (Rest his weary soul) E=MC/2. It is not actually any different but it required the rest of its missing.....

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
GUT-Grand Unified Theory? (I should have paid more attention in Physics class...)

So, what's missing?

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I dont think it will be released properly for years if some people have it it could make tem very powerful plus theve thought they were close to solving it before.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Please do tell. You cannot just tease everyone with your ideas, share! Or we might go crazy and ruin the world before you have the chance to display your greatest revelation since the toaster strudel was invented!

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
With a brief study of history and a little intuitive logic one would know that dissimination of this would not be allowed by the current power structure.

Do you really think Einstein didn't get "IT"?

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The GUT is nothing more than a dream ... Until we know everything and have everything about ALL the different force's of nature right, we'll never see a true GUT in our lifetime's.

Einstien's E=MC/2 ... should have nothing missing. I mean ... If you DO have something to add to it, show it, don't just say "Oh yea, Einstien was wrong, I fixed his equation and added something he forgot!" ....

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
LOL, Gazrok... they don't usually talk about GUT in physics classes (not normal ones anyway) except they might mention it as a goal for science.

e-nonymous... it's E=MC^2 (C squared... not C/2... C divided by 2) sorry.. just want to make sure no one gets confused.

A true GUT (Grand Unified theory) by definition would have to explain how ALL forces, particles and time (I think that's included)... etc... interact. You will KNOW we're getting close to a true GUT because the world around you will drastically change. We'll know about gravity for one... what causes it, and likely how to manipulate it... etc...

That is, provided it is discovered in pieces (as it likely will be) and properly released to the public as it should be (also likely since as the pieces are discovered, the individual scientists/groups will seek fame for them) and ALSO provided the governments don't suppress them... which is POSSIBLE... but I don't think too likely if it's discovered in pieces.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What about the aliens, if they do come, wouldn't they NEED a GUT to get here? I mean we all know interstellar travel is very near to impossible, so maybe we could borrow it from them?

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Everyone talks about how the three nessessities are electricity, gravity, magnetism. Physics is trying to tie in time as well... but for me I can't help but wonder... are they missing something so basic, so... "in your face"?

Alchemists tried to find what IT was.

The greatest constandt in the universe... is...

CHANGE

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
that would be the easy way...

Well... it'll either happen one of a few ways

1. We get lucky in the near future and make a LOT of discoveries.

2. It'll take us a WHILE (the likely way) to figure all of it out.

3. It is given to us by someone/thing that already knows it. (it's funny because I'm almost inclined to think this would happen before we'd figure it out on our own).

Long story short... we're a LONG way from finishing it... TRUELY finishing it. Yeah, ok, they might figure out equations and crap... but a GUT SHOULD include explanations of WHY... not just equations or proofs. (that'd be good... but my way would be a HE11 of a lot better for the world)

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think true G.U.T. would be like an evolution of the human mind, we as ourselves now, might not even be able to comprehend it. It could require an understanding of all dimensions, I don't think anyone could understand it now.

So. E=MC^2, is the G.U.T. of our generation.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have no idea what your talking about. Sorry

join