It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encounter issues (UFOs/grays)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
One of the first questions "experts" will ask one who contacts them, regarding their experience with an alien or UFO encounter is...has the individual ever read anything about UFOs, had thoughts about them, etc., prior to the experience. In other words, perhaps one had preconceived ideas that possibly led one to believe they had a real life encounter, when in fact they did not. Like rock and roll music, UFOs have been around, since the late 40s to early 50s and just like rock music they never went away. So what if one saw a show or read a book about the subject matter! One would have to be holed up living in the perverbial cave not to have heard something about the UFO phenomena. If one can believe polls, almost everyone has seen or heard something, with some nexus to aliens and UFOs. More than ever before it is in the media the world over. I've read and seen stuff on UFOs, while growing up and I found it to be a fascinating enigma, but I never became obsessed by it. I for one would not go around making up some phony story just to hoax or bring on notoriety. On the other hand, just because I have known and read about UFOs does not make me any more or less credible than some individual that has had a strange unexplained encounter, and who's never seen nor read anything on the subject of aliens/UFOs. The final curtain is, it does't matter one way or the other. If one is going to make something up, they will do it regardless of wheather they've seen or read something, and with the particular genera of UFOs it's easy for one to describe their own make believe ship. (There is no "Janes" on alien craft from another world!!)

join