It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Coverage of Iraq War: Covering up our success!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The Media has gone out of its way to blast the U.S. war efforts in Iraq. The mainstream media only reports bad news coming out of the Iraq war. The media is trying to cover-up the fact that we are winning in Iraq.

Why?

Who is behind this cover-up; who is reaping the rewards?

Today Rummy blasted the media coverage of the war.

Link to Story

Be careful of groupthink or, the media elite will make-up your mind for you!!

[edit on 5-12-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It's simple really.

The media is by and large made up of liberal democrats. This group of people has been an enemy of the United States since at least the 50's.

They do this as part of psychological warfare against United States citizens in order to help bring about our defeat.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thats why the U.S. military is right now just posting some positive news to counter the negative news that seems to by overweighting the balance to the negative side.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The press coverup of all the good news coming out of Iraq may be one of the media related conspiracies today.

I saw the FOX special last weekend that reported the good news, and it's truly inspirational how far Iraq has really come. True, it still has a long way to go, but most of the press would have us believe no progress at all has been made, which is patently untrue.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
the FOX special chose the 'good news' that it wished to report as much as the 'liberal' news chose what it wished...
in the U.K. as much as the the U.S. it's all about SPIN

the answer could be what do the Iraqi's what - which is as much about whether they are Kurds, Shia or Sunni.

Where do you think the power in America lies?

[edit on 5-12-2005 by mark ten]

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark ten
the FOX special chose the 'good news' that it wished to report as much as the 'liberal' news chose what it wished...
in the U.K. as much as the the U.S. it's all about SPIN

I seen Foxnews reporting the deaths of soldiers as well each time they posted. However they also add positive news along with the badnews. You dont see that on CNN.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So CNN are the liberal voice of America?
What do FOX gain by reporting U.S. deaths?
How many American networks report Iraqi deaths?

U.K. (BBC) does report large scale Iraqi deaths but not on a daily basis.
Is there anywhere anyone can gauge reliable records of Iraqi casualties -not just of military action and car bombings but of day to day killings?

Surely all media has a SPIN - you watch what you want to believe or scoff...

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
mark, you bring up an excellent point...BUT...why does BBC do this? Do Sunni and Shiites often kill each other in other Arab countries? Honestly, I don't know. If Sunnis and Shiites kill each other off at a regular pace elsewhere, then why is it news when it happens in Iraq?

Maybe BBC is just playing the "religion" card, to fill its pages. Stll, a FULL accounting of the war should include enemy deaths.

Why doesn't the press mention (just from time to time) the fact that Iraq couldn't even see Al Jazeera until after Saddam was out and we were in?

Hmm...you'd think Al Jazeera itself might mention that little fact.

[edit on 6-12-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
OH come on.

Liberal News is only showing bad news. Give me a break. Keep watching FOX and listing to Hannity.

Keep being brainwashed that there is a liberal media.

I have a little secret to tell you.

FOX/CNN/MSNBC/NEW YORK TIMES/WASHINGTON POST

IT IS ALL CORPRATE MEDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liberal and Conservitive.

LOL they are the same.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have one problem with your post.

Before the advent of Fox news...the other major networks did not go around trying to cut each others throats...socially or politically. This being a indicator that they had the field to themselves. They may have vied for ratings but they did not get so emotionally involved in the gutter politics in the manner done today. This once again indicating that there is something much deeper involved here.
The emotional level involved here is a tell tale indicator that something has changed since the advent of Fox news.

I will not debate with you that they are out for ratings...because I just have no points to debate this. They must all have ratings to stay in buisness and attract advertisers. Their appeal is merely to different audiences.
The fact that ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN did not cut each others throats or whine in the manner that they do with Fox is a indicator of the audience appeal...ie ..competition..especially in ideologys.
I suspect that what the behind the scenes controlers of these networks are alarmed about is that many Americans are not as Liberal as they would like them to be or become while these controllers shill for thier respective poltitical partys. Hence the complaints about the competition.
I am not trying to tell you that this is a moral or level playing field ..just that it is not what it appears to be on the surface.
I do not agree with many of the Fox formats....especially Hannity and this Fox and Friends morning program. They are particularly disagreeable to me.
I do not however agree with the others either. I find myself going more and more to the Web for my news and information.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snowman9
OH come on.

Liberal News is only showing bad news. Give me a break. Keep watching FOX and listing to Hannity.

Keep being brainwashed that there is a liberal media.

I have a little secret to tell you.

FOX/CNN/MSNBC/NEW YORK TIMES/WASHINGTON POST

IT IS ALL CORPRATE MEDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liberal and Conservitive.

LOL they are the same.

A-MEN to That!!!

I am glad that Somebody is here that Thinks with his Head!

BTW - regarding the Topic: WHAT Success in Iraq?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

BTW - regarding the Topic: WHAT Success in Iraq?

Sooo you just been following only the bad news? That figures. Very unbias.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mark ten
What do FOX gain by reporting U.S. deaths?

They get a legit claim at telling the WHOLE story - both the GOOD and the BAD.

This is what makes them the #1 News Source in the US. The rest of the world should catch on...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Negitive News sells, And when your viewers are liberal. You play to the audience.

Ps- I remember Fox having a more Negitive slant on Bosnia. Then the other media outlets. I wonder why?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by msnevil
Ps- I remember Fox having a more Negitive slant on Bosnia. Then the other media outlets. I wonder why?

Maybe because the President was at fault for having some of our best soldiers killed?

And no other media outlet had the balls to call out their golden child.

You know, it wasn't politically correct to use armor and specter gun ships to protect out Rangers and DELTA squads.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
They get a legit claim at telling the WHOLE story - both the GOOD and the BAD.

This is what makes them the #1 News Source in the US. The rest of the world should catch on...

Now statements like this REALLY Scare me...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
How come FOX NEWS only reports the bad things about the War on Christmas? There's plenty of good things
coming out of the War on Christmas that FOX NEWS never talks about. To hear America's enemy, those elitist Ivory Tower conservative journalists funded by an anti-american Australian, you'd think we're losing the war on Christmas, when in fact we're winning! USA! USA! USA!!!

I can't wait to dig that anti-Christian Santa out of his spider hole and put him on trial.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
I have one problem with your post.

Before the advent of Fox news...the other major networks did not go around trying to cut each others throats...socially or politically. This being a indicator that they had the field to themselves. They may have vied for ratings but they did not get so emotionally involved in the gutter politics in the manner done today. This once again indicating that there is something much deeper involved here.
The emotional level involved here is a tell tale indicator that something has changed since the advent of Fox news.

I will not debate with you that they are out for ratings...because I just have no points to debate this. They must all have ratings to stay in buisness and attract advertisers. Their appeal is merely to different audiences.
The fact that ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN did not cut each others throats or whine in the manner that they do with Fox is a indicator of the audience appeal...ie ..competition..especially in ideologys.
I suspect that what the behind the scenes controlers of these networks are alarmed about is that many Americans are not as Liberal as they would like them to be or become while these controllers shill for thier respective poltitical partys. Hence the complaints about the competition.
I am not trying to tell you that this is a moral or level playing field ..just that it is not what it appears to be on the surface.
I do not agree with many of the Fox formats....especially Hannity and this Fox and Friends morning program. They are particularly disagreeable to me.
I do not however agree with the others either. I find myself going more and more to the Web for my news and information.

Thanks,
Orangetom

The corprate media has always held the status quo's intrest. GO back and look at all the propganda they have spilled out before Fox News even was invented. The weekly Herald and other Union Papers where shut down due to the Corprate Media. THey did it with the help of congress. Now all the major newspapers and Cable channels hold the status quo intrest. Cable News has become like the tabloids. Stories that affect the working man they do not cover.

THis Red state blue state crap is just a divider. All this liberal and Neo con crap is bad for America. It works though people buy it. Dems and Republicans are the same. THey are backed by the same people. They argue over stuff like Terry Shivo and other small things, that do not affect the masses. After that they are shaking hands and eating the same corprate funded dinner.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Snowman9]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
yeah..I agree Snowman.

I was insulted by this red/blue state dichomoty used in the media to divide. As I recall this was a technique used by the losers in the last presidential elections to further split the nation and galvanize their faithful to thier religion. And politics has become a religious belief and practice. Not much honor in it anymore...if their ever was any.

I am not debating that concept that corporation tried to take over other news outlets and corporations.

What I disagree with is the very gutter techniques of which they dont even hide or conceal anymore before the public in order to push their religion. The very lack of honor and civility in carrying out this dogma. THe cutting of each others throats as is so often done today..the incessant whining and crying that is going on. The "victimization" techniques for ratings...etc etc etc.
I think that more and more Americans are begining to catch on to this very poor choice of techniques and voting against the networks...all of them... with thier remote controllers.
Speaking for myself..I go more and more to the web for my news and information. Not that the information cannot be manipulated here too..but I can hit the remote controller just as fast if not faster here too. I can also get a wider cross section of news and information ..faster here on the web...a huge plus.
Thanks for your post Snowman,

Orangetom

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Thank goodness for the internet.

Only place for real news. Any news you want.

join