It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future of the human race. (rant)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Being only 23 I always ponder on where the human race will be in 65 years from now. Is it natural too have a creature so endulgent in creating weapons to destroy than to create and benfit human kind? Are we being groomed into this fastion by some out side source? Having said this I think that we have yet too out grow our animal instincts. Given time I'm sure we will either kill our selves (most likley).

Personally I think that the main problem is government, religion, language and society. We have it setup in such a way that it really does not benefit all a mankind. I can't wait till we start thinking of the bigger picture and start thinking of not "Me" and more on "US".

I'm sure aliens play a Crutial role in the development and evolution of humans. So where do you think we will be 65 years from now?

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
it all depends on the way our R&D initatives work out, on one hand you have the benificiary technology that will embolden our intergallactic outlook and save humanity from the disease pollution and famine plagueing the world. on the other hand you have the oppressive enslavment tools known as military tech. i supose it all depends on how each of these are integrated into society. wether it done by we the people in a democractic manner, or an oppressive underground shadow operative manner. its a delicate balance between the responsibilities of our leaders, and our diligence as a people to stand upright and represent the world we inhabit. taking proper responsibilities for the powerful technologies that our on the leading edge of science will be the deciding factor on wether or not we become a successful society in the next 65 years. mabye some of you nano tech buffs can get a little more technical with the understandings of these things, they are certainly exciting thats for sure.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Personally I think that the main problem is government, religion, language and society.

While some of these may present problems, without some of them things would be much worse. Governments (most of them) maintain law and order, provide services to its people, provide roads and means of transportation for people to move about, educate our children, and represent the will of the people. It's been said that religion is the root cause of every major war in history, or at least the majority of them. But I think that for some people, without religion and therefore without a higher power to answer to, there might be total chaos. The idea that someday we may have to answer to a higher power for the sins we have committed has kept many people on the straight and narrow. I think that the 10 Commandments have also been influential in the laws of many western societies.

As for language- it may have been a barrier between people a long time ago, but in todays world it no longer represents a major problem. Basically every language in the world can be translated into another by someone, except maybe for some obscure African tribe, but that's irrelevant if their contact with the outside world is extremely limited. As for your last cause for our problems, "society," I'm not so sure what you mean exactly. We are all part of society. So if there is a problem with society then it will have been caused by us, and those who were part of society in the past and have since died. You can't exactly eliminate society without a global catastrophe, plague or holocaust. We are society, so society itself isn't the problem as much as it is those bad seeds around us and those bad seeds in charge.

But I think government, religion and society were all created as a means of living together in a more civilized way than our predecessors did. Of course there are going to be people who put themselves ahead of the common good, and those who manipulate the true intentions of those establishments, but that doesn't make those establishments the cause of our problems. I hope what I'm trying to say here makes some sense!

To Salsa- you haven't really given answers to your own questions. Where do YOU think society will be in 65 years? You say you believe that aliens have played a crucial role in our evolution. When do you think disclosure will come?

join