It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone advise me

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm currently writing a 15 yr career plan that i intend to lead me up the UK ploitical ladder.

Can anyone direct e to where i can find information on how to begin a political carrer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The Prince by Nicolo Machiavelli: read it, learn it, love it.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You are looking for books on how to sell your soul for access to power. Then you look for books and education around how to sell the souls of other people for your power..or the power of your handlers.
The prince is a good book from which to begin this soul selling adventure. It is textbook in the power buisness..all the great politicians had it at their side..Roosevelt, Churchill, Stalin et al.

Good luck,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
www.questia.com... OFFID=se1&KEY=uk_politics&LID=15167063

www.politixgroup.com...

www.sosig.ac.uk...

some resources to start i guess i dont know nothing about it

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
When your the head of a political party, one key way to ensure victory would be to legalise cannabis. Think of all the chavs that would vote for you! It would be the highest voter turnout in decades.

Saying that, they would all probably be too stoned to go out to the polls and you'd get a landslide defeat.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
one thing i would tell you to do is to look in yourself for the reasons why you wish to do so and then weigh it upon the determination that you have the problem with plans so long are that they usually fit into one agenda blindsighting other factors that will get you there.to discharge much energy upon something without equal means to replenish that energy will result in burnout of even the most powerful individual.i also suggest equal amounts of research into poitical and religious truths and what they mean to you
a political leaders job is supposed to be looking to the people for their opinion not giving the opinion to the people.which is i think the way things are generaly run these days.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
when you put your blood into the mud..the mud does not become bloody.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I suggest purchasing Sun Tzu's Art of War. It contains the Prince as well a very good read.

FDR once said: "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Decide which political party in the UK reflects your personal political views and march down to their office and volunteer your services. In the meantime, depending on your age, get thee into a college and get a degree in one of ONLY THESE TWO areas:

Law or Finance. Knowing the rules of either makes you the FIRST choice for a candidate in the future.

Keep working on a volunteer basis for your political party headquarters. Many offer summer internships with established members of Congress (or in your case, Parliment.) LISTEN TO YOUR POLITICAL MENTORS!

Upon graduation, STICK TO THE FIELD your degree falls into by working either for a Law Firm, or a Bank. Start making friends....LOTS of friends in these areas. Learn to memorize names (yes, you MUST learn this.)

It's not important that the public know you YET. What is important is that people in politics know you and will, when the time comes, indorse you. It's also very important that your business ties will, when the time comes, back you financially.

Other Businesses and Government organizations will fall in line. They always seem to do that when their bank or favorite politician asks them to.

That's all I got for now.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I also recommend reading the following books:

The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith

The Federalist Papers by Publius (The Pen name of three gentlemen. Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay. Maybe you've heard of them.)

Republic by Plato

top topics

join