It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you go crazy with the UFO topic?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The frustratiing and and ultimate faliure to prove the existance of Extraterrestrial Life visiting earth can lead some people to go crazy. If one is not carefull enough with the subject of UFOs and Aliens, one can trully go mad. Most people who "believe" might create a imaginary life, one that can lead to high ridicule and can make the person mentally unstable. This then could lead some people to live a life that is totaly unrealistic. Beliving that they trully can contact ET, and other claims that might get them into a world of trouble. This mental form of auto-tourture can lead people to squitsophrenia, or other life threatening mental conditions.

Don't believe me? Then take a look at some Professional people who have used this unfortunate form of mental tourture, and have destroyed their carreers even within the UFO community. I will focus my point on the higher and more " level headed" ones. Take a look at a website, which is prtty well know throughought the UfO community as a look out for hoaxters.
This website presents the suspected people of commiting hoaxes on the believers, but sadly does not mention what might have led them to do such things. An easy answer would be that believed blindedly in extraterrestrials who are visiting our planet in UFOs( or alein space craft].

Let see the faces of these poor people who are ridiculed even amongst the UFO community. And are now probably in a fragile state of mind. watchdog

Well I have to say that it is sad what has happened to these people. They believed to hard in something that was not really there, and tourtured themselves to the point of madness. Take Dr Greer for an example, a physician, a professional, a man who apparently had it all. A man that has lost integrity and his humanity when he decided to find the "truth". His character lies posted on the net for his professional colleagues to laugh at. He is the laughing stock not only of the doctors and other professionals, but of the regular UFO believer as well. I fear for tis mans life, for when he wakes up, he will see the what he has done with his life and will probably end up in some hospital but as a patinet, a mental hospital. It could be worse!

Jaime Maussan, a professional journalist. Worked as the jourjalist for the 60 minutes program in spanish. Has been ridiculed, spit-on, kicked out, laughed at, and also de-huminised. He is looked at by most of the people in the mexican media like a worm. Or better yet, a paracite. The poor man is going insane, he thinks that the governmnet is out to get him. He presents everythig UfO as a fact. To be honest, he's lost his mind. I forsee the same future for him at a mantal facility.

These are just two of the well known professionals gone mad. Greer thinks he can make contact with a home made alien contact kit, and Maussan believes anything UFO is real proof of ET.

Now will see a few story's on cult leaders, they to became obsesive about the ufo topic. And look at them now.

Raelians

The story of Rael here

Most of these guys were professionals, and now they are simply crazy.The UFO topic can be used as a tool to make some people crazy. Which leads to the question, will we ever find out the "truth" about UFOs? Probably not, because apparently there is no proof that ET are real. UFO topic works more like a weapon used on peoples mind, a psychological weapon. Maybe this is what the UFO phonomena is all about, war.

I suggest that you guys takes this subject with much skepticism. The thought that Alien life exists elswere could be a possibility, but with the findings of todays science, the belief that they are here and flying arround in UFOs is absurd. Don't go crazy over this subject.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Devilishkitty]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
After your previous post i am beginning to think you are the one that has the obsession with UFOs.Once again you are implying that those that believe in UFOs are nuts or will end up that way.
Obviously you dont have much respect for the views of users and as far as im concerned you are trolling on these forums.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by bmdefiant]

Ram

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
well - im kinda crazy.

I know for sure - else people would not call me an idiot.
And it's okay...
Well it peaked the height when i realized i was getting paranoid about other people... Cause they don't want to even look at it... Also cause they say they all lying and are insane.. I got a bit paranoid cause normally i could talk to people about normal stuff like football matches and TV-shows...
But when it came to UFO's - That was a no-go zone.

One thing i don't get into are telepatic stuff... I think that is way out there...For me. And it can quickly become a stupid freind.

For now im only looking... And if it's so secret... Noone can talk bout it... Then why bother go more crazy about it...?

It's just lights and dics shaped metallic stuff flying around. And it's a miracle.. That more and more people talk about it...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Devilishkitty - You have a pretty hard handed approach. If you could post without inciteing belivers and the faithful I'm sure people may read your posts without a knee jerk reaction. Branding or suggesting that everyone who belives in UFO's less sane or worse sheep is going to derail any practical information your message may contain.

That being said the UFO Hall of Shame will make a good reference link for some of my work. It could help ballance things out. I can see that that page denounces Debunkers like PHILIP J. KLASS as well as hoaxers.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What I am saying is that they can go crazy. Not that theyare crazy.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You posted on your previous thread "Most of the people that believe in UFOs( space ships and aliens) are NUTS!!".So at what point are you saying that the transition takes place then ?

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devilishkitty
The frustratiing and and ultimate faliure to prove the existance of Extraterrestrial Life visiting earth can lead some people to go crazy. If one is not carefull enough with the subject of UFOs and Aliens, one can trully go mad. Most people who "believe" might create a imaginary life, one that can lead to high ridicule and can make the person mentally unstable. This then could lead some people to live a life that is totaly unrealistic. Beliving that they trully can contact ET, and other claims that might get them into a world of trouble. This mental form of auto-tourture can lead people to zquitsophrenia, or other life threatening mental conditions.

Don't believe me? Then take a look at some Professional people who have used this unfortunate form of mental tourture, and have destroyed their carreers even within the UFO community. I will focus my point on the higher and more " level headed" ones. Take a look at a website, which is prtty well know throughought the UfO community as a look out for hoaxters.
This website presents the suspected people of commiting hoaxes on the believers, but sadly does not mention what might have led them to do such things. An easy answer would be that believed blindedly in extraterrestrials who are visiting our planet in UFOs( or alein space craft].

Let see the faces of these poor people who are ridiculed even amongst the UFO community. And are now probably in a fragile state of mind. watchdog

Well I have to say that it is sad what has happened to these people. They believed to hard in something that was not really there, and tourtured themselves to the point of madness. Take Dr Greer for an example, a phisician, a professional, a man who apparently had it all. A man that has lost integrity and his humanity when he decided to find the "truth". His character lies posted on the net for his professional colleagues to laugh at. He is the laughing stock not only of the doctors and other professionals, but of the regular UFO believer as well. I fear for tis mans life, for when he wakes up, he will see the what he has done with his life and will probably end up in some hospital but as a patinet, a mental hospital. It could be worse!

Jaime Maussan, a professional journalist. Worked as the jourjalist for the 60 minutes program in spanish. Has been ridiculed, spit-on, kicked out, laughed at, and also de-huminised. He is looked at by most of the people in the mexican media like a worm. Or better yet, a paracite. The poor man is going insane, he thinks that the governmnet is out to get him. He presents everythig UfO as a fact. To be honest, he's lost his mind. I forsee the same future for him at a mantal facility.

These are just two of the well known professionals gone mad. Greer thinks he can make contact with a home made alien contact kit, and Maussan believes anything UFO is real proof of ET.

Now will see a few story's on cult leaders, they to became obsesive about the ufo topic. And look at them now.

Raelians

The story of Rael here

Most of these guys were professionals, and now they are simply crazy.The UFO topic can be used as a tool to make some people crazy. Which leads to the question, will we ever find out the "truth" about UFOs? Probably not, because apparently there is no proof that ET are real. UFO topic works more like a weapon used on peoples mind, a psychological weapon. Maybe this is what the UFO phonomena is all about, war.

I suggest that you guys takes this subject with much skepticism. The thought that Alien life exists elswere could be a possibility, but with the findings of todays science, the belief that they are here and flying arround in UFOs is absurd. Don't go crazy over this subject.

Can u prove:

1)That the ultimate faliure to prove the existance of Extraterrestrial Life visiting earth can lead some people to go crazy?

2)That if one is not carefull enough with the subject of UFOs and Aliens, one can trully go mad?

3)That most people who "believe" might create a imaginary life, one that can lead to high ridicule and can make the person mentally unstable...then could lead some people to live a life that is totaly unrealistic?

4)That all of the above stated are forms of auto-tourture that can lead people to (zquitsophrenia
), or other life threatening mental conditions?

5)Everything u've stated about Dr Greer & his state of mind?

6) That Dr Greer is the laughing stock not only of the doctors and other professionals, but of the regular UFO believer as well?

6)That these are the faces of poor people, who were professionals, are now simply crazy or gone mad.

7)That you're an intelligent individual?

8)Etc…??

What is your definition of the terms 'mad' & 'crazy' u have used here?

Can you show everyone here on ATS how u scientifically arrived @ the conclusions you’ve made & show us the methodology u used in attempting to validate your arguments?

[edit on 12-11-2005 by evilution]

Ram

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think Devilishkitty means the suiciders - and..Cult..

But it's just a difficult thing to seperate these...things.

I also find trouble when he state that it's sad... It almost sound like he care...
Wich im not sure he does..you know

That is trouble..
There are different ways to describe felling sorry for other people...

One is - when it's really a feeling - where you start crying for another persons suffering.. And your words make sense...

A second way is - When someone tells you - we really feel sorry for you... Cause your to dumb to understand. And you get hurt because of it makes you feel sad.

That is not feeling sorry...for anybody - that would be a lie.

Like this "Well I have to say that it is sad what has happened to these people. They believed to hard in something that was not really there, and tourtured themselves to the point of madness."

Is it sadness out of compassion - Or...?

(im trying to carve it out in paper people) this one surely are hard...

help..

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Ram]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Sad as in feeling sorry for the people gone crazy.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
DK,

May I welcome you to my permanent ignore list so that I do not have to even "FEEL" your evil.[click]

Ram

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I agree with the cult suiciders..Thing - That sucks...

And i personally also think Billy Meier went nuts..during the years... Cause he's photo's where lame... Plates...
That i totally agree on..

And all the hoaxers... They are doin a bad thing...
Yeah it's pretty sad we have to have such people... Cause they stop futher investigation..

Don't be sad bout it - And don't join theire cult's either... That i agree...
I still believe Greer's project. Theire just to many people involved...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yeah, DK is getting on my nerves now...

There are serious UFO investigators out there, we all base our claims on EVIDENCE, there is PROOF there have been unindentifiable flying objects, there is evidence pointing towards some UFO's being Extra-Terrestial.

Since this is just a continuation of your previous thread I figured i'd stick that in here.

I am quite sane, I don't generally speak about my claims in public since they will more than likely ridicule me like you do, ATS is a place were many serious researchers in this topic come, they are believers, skeptics and yes, even SOME people that have a little fantasy world that they spread.

But the vast majority are serious researchers, I am open minded in most UFO cases and I wont cling to a UFO report even though it has been properly debunked like the Meiers case for example.

I have seen a UFO my self, I don't think it was Earthlights, WeatherBalloons or Swampgas, it was a daytime sighting.

DK, what is the point of your little rants? are you trying to make us see the light? become skeptics? it's like coming to a Christian Message Board and trying to make them become atheist, Christians believe in a god and we believe in UFO's and Aliens, or at the very least the possibility that we are being visited.

I have been trying to make the Christians see the light, trying to persuade them from their religion simply because I feel like it's not true but I realised you simply can't do that, they have their believes and we need to respect that, and we have our believes and YOU need to respect that as well.

I suggest you either leave if your intend is to spread more ridicule and insults or seriously discuss the subject and do some research, it seems you have done your research, got fed up with all the cases being debunked and taking out your frustration on us since you seem to know a big deal about UFOlogy.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
In Dr Kiddylitter's-estimation, the following are some of many people who are identified:

1)As candidates for going or who have gone ‘truly go mad’,
2)As candidates for creating or who have created an imaginary life
3)As candidates for becoming or who have become ‘mentally unstable’
4)As candidates for developing or who have developed (zquitsophrenia
), or other life threatening mental conditions
5)As faces of poor people, who were professionals, are now or have become simply crazy or gone mad.
(standing room only, on-the-floor larf...thanks Dr Kiddy)

Carl Sagan, Ph.D.

Late Professor of Astronomy and Space Sciences, Cornell University

"It now seems quite clear that Earth is not the only inhabited planet. There is evidence that the bulk of the stars in the sky have planetary systems. Recent research concerning the origin of life on Earth suggests that the physical and chemical processes leading to the origin of life occur rapidly in the early history of the majority of planets within our Milky Way galaxy-¬perhaps as many as a million--are inhabited by technical civilizations in advance of our own. Interstellar space flight is far beyond our present technical capabilities, but there seems to be no fundamental physical objections to preclude, from our own vantage point, the possibility of its development by other civilizations”

"Unidentified Flying Objects", Sagan, Carl, The Encyclopedia Americana, 1963. Dr. Sagan was Professor of Astronomy and Space Sciences at CornellUniversity

Margaret Mead, Ph.D.
Anthropologist, author

"There are unidentified flying objects. That is, there are a hard core of cases--perhaps 20 to 30 percent in different studies--for which there is no explanation. We can only imagine what purpose lies behind the activities of these quiet, harmlessly cruising objects that time and again approach the Earth. The most likely explanation, it seems to me, is that they are simply watching what we are up to”

Mead, Margaret. "UFOs: Visitors from Outer Space?" Redbook, Vol. 143, September 1974.

J. Allen Hynek, Ph.D.

Former Chairman, Department of Astronomy, Northwestern University; Scientific Consultant, Air Force Project Blue Book (1947 - 1969)

"Each wave of sightings adds to the accumulation of reports which defy analysis by present methods ... An investigative process in depth is necessary here if, after twenty years of confusion, we want some answers."
"When the long awaited solution to the UFO problem comes, I believe that it will prove to be not merely the next small step in the march of science but a mighty and totally unexpected quantum jump.”

From interview in The Chicago Sun Times, August 28, 1966; "The UFO Experience: A Scientific Inquiry." Regnery Co., 1972.

Professor Hermann Oberth (1894-1989)

German rocket expert and a founding father of the space age.

"It is my thesis that flying saucers are real and that they are space ships from another solar system. I think that they possibly are manned by intelligent observers who are members of a race that may have been investigating our Earth for centuries. I think that they possibly have been sent out to conduct systematic, long-range investigations, first of men, animals, vegetation, and more recently of atomic centers, armaments an centers of armament production.”

''Flying Saucers Come from a Distant World," The American Weekly, October 24, 1954.

Astronaut Edgar Mitchell, Ph.D.

In 1971, Dr. Mitchell became the sixth person to walk on the moon as part of the US Apollo Space program.

"I am an American astronaut and a trained scientist. Because of my position people in high places confide in me. And, as a result, I have no doubt that aliens HA VB visited this planet. The American government and governments throughout the world have thousands of files of UFO sightings which cannot be explained. As a scientist, it is logical to me that at least some of these will have been witness of alien craft. As a former astronaut, the military people who have access to these files are more willing to talk to me than to people they regard as mere cranks. The stories I have heard from these people, who are more highly qualified than me to talk about UFOs, leave me in no doubt that aliens have already visited Earth ... "

"when I learned that aliens really do exist, I wasn't too surprised. But what did shock me when I started investigating extra-terrestrial reports a decade ago is the extent to which the proof has been hushed up. It isn't just the US government which has kept quiet about alien visits. It would be arrogant of an American like myself to assume that ETs would only choose to visit my country. Indeed, I've heard convincing stories about governments all over the world that know of alien visits - including the British government.

Yes, Aliens Really Are Out There, Says the Man on the Moon," The People [a London Newspaper], October 25, 1998.

Wilbert Smith

Department of Transport - Canada, senior radio engineer, head of Project Magnet

"The matter is the most highly classified subject in the United States Government, rating higher even than the H-bomb. Flying saucers exist. Their modus operandi is unknown but concentrated effort is being made by a small group headed by Doctor Vannevar Bush. The entire matter is considered by the United States authorities to be of tremendous significance.”

Memorandum on Geo-Magnetics, November 21, 1950.

Dr. Leo Sprinkle

Professor of psychology at the University of Wyoming had his first UFO sighting in 1951 when he and a friend saw "something in the sky, round and metallic looking." In 1956, he had a second sighting while driving with his wife near Boulder, Colorado.

"We watched it for quite a few minutes. We could see it was larger than the headlights of the cars below. And we could see it was not attached to anything. And there was no sound. I became frightened actually, because it wasn't anything I could understand... from a personal viewpoint, I am pretty well convinced that we are being surveyed."

"Flying Saucers," Special Issue of Look magazine, 1967.

Albert M. Chop

Deputy public relations director at NASA, and former US Air Force spokesman for Project Blue Book.

"I've been convinced for a long time that the flying saucers are real and interplanetary. In other words we are being watched by beings from outer space."

Roscoe Hillenkoetter

First Director of the CIA, 1947-50. In 1957, he joined the Board of Governors of the National Investigations

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFOs come from and what their purpose is... "

"What The Admiral Knew: UFO, MJ-12 and R. Hillenkoetter," International UFO Reporter, Nov./Dec., 1986
”Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.”

NICAP news release, February 27, 1960.

Victor Marchetti
Former CIA official

"We have, indeed, been contacted - perhaps even visited - by extraterrestrial beings, and the U.S. government, in collusion with the other national powers of the earth, is determined to keep this information from the general public.”

"The purpose of the international conspiracy is to maintain a workable stability among the nations of the world and for them, in turn, to retain institutional control over their respective populations. Thus, for these governments to admit that there are beings from outer space... with mentalities and technological capabilities obviously far superior to ours, could, once fully perceived by the average person, erode the foundations of the earth's traditional power structure. Political and legal systems, religions, economic and social institutions could all soon become meaningless in the mind of the public. The national oligarchical establishments, even civilization as we now know it, could collapse into anarchy.”

"Such extreme conclusions are not necessarily valid, but they probably accurately reflect the fears of the 'ruling classes' of the major nations, whose leaders (particularly those in the intelligence business) have always advocated excessive governmental secrecy as being necessary to preserve 'national security."

"How the CIA Views the UFO Phenomenon", Victor Marchetti, May 1979.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There are two sides Debunkers and Loyalists. And then there are the moderates that hold a middle ground. Yes I am a Skeptic with no stake in UFO's and Aliens one way or the other. That for me is best suited to remaining objective.

What Constitutes Irrefutable Proof and Evidence

That is more a question of prefference.
I'll be straight to the point. I take what a Debunker and Loyalist present with some reservation or large grain of salt. I am more likely to read or listen to someone who represents practical, level headed views and is not pushing a controlling agenda. For now and the foreseeable decades to come, the UFO's and Aliens phenomenon will continue to grow largely based on events from 40-60 years ago.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by evilution
In Dr Kiddylitter's-estimation, the following are some of many people who are identified:

1)As candidates for going or who have gone ‘truly go mad’,
2)As candidates for creating or who have created an imaginary life
3)As candidates for becoming or who have become ‘mentally unstable’
4)As candidates for developing or who have developed (zquitsophrenia
), or other life threatening mental conditions
5)As faces of poor people, who were professionals, are now or have become simply crazy or gone mad.
(standing room only, on-the-floor larf...thanks Dr Kiddy

You’re welcome evillution. You think that because you post a few names of doctors who make such silly claims makes you any better. Ha, ha, ha the joke is on you, cause even with all those supposed evidences you can't prove anything. Nada! Do you know these people personally? Can you tell me with 100% accuracy that they are not crazy? Or going crazy? (with exemption of the dead of course) Do you know their agenda? No. Of course not. But I on the other hand can say that anyone who thinks he can contact an ET with a simple Kit is crazy, it's common sense.

Anyway he must truly be crazed to believe he speaks with aliens, couse like I said before, there is no proof that extraterrestrial exist.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

there is no proof that extraterrestrial exist.

There is no proof that extraterrestrials don't exist. You know, scientists haven't gone to every single planet in the known universe and checked for ETI life.

Your right. There is no concrete proof that extraterrestrials exist. But there is a mountain of evidence.

And yes. You can go crazy with the UFO topic. You can go crazy with any topic.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Crazy may very well be a relative term being used by the author of this thread whose mind is confined to the observances and experiences the author has, having no other experiences within their mind to associate deductive reasoning with humility, and then review all that is known to be true.

lack of physical proof is neither proof of non-existance, nor proof that actual physical proof has not been supplied. The mind of the one in objective judgment has not once accepted for a moment that E.T. may exist and has been frequently visiting, merely analyzed what facts may be accumilated for the arguement of either side and used that to support an opinion that is, well ... missing the catalyst it needs in order to percieve the truth.

As sure as I'm typing, physical proof is in existance and readily available.

Don't disregard the probablitiy simply because it is not percievable to a mind that can't comprehend the probability.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth

Your right. There is no concrete proof that extraterrestrials exist.

This is an assumtion based upon one's opinions.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You’re welcome evillution. You think that because you post a few names of doctors who make such silly claims makes you any better. Ha, ha, ha the joke is on you, cause even with all those supposed evidences you can't prove anything. Nada! Do you know these people personally? Can you tell me with 100% accuracy that they are not crazy? Or going crazy? (with exemption of the dead of course) Do you know their agenda? No. Of course not. But I on the other hand can say that anyone who thinks he can contact an ET with a simple Kit is crazy, it's common sense.

Anyway he must truly be crazed to believe he speaks with aliens, couse like I said before, there is no proof that extraterrestrial exist.

The only thing u continue to prove with each & everything u post here on ATS is how high your level of admin edit & is. You’re so admin edit, you don’t even know that you’re stupid (Sorry ATS moderators)

Luckily I’ve gained 250 points from what I posted in reaction to your thread that was padlocked, so I can use these points I will lose to ridicule your ‘stone knives & bearskins’ Neanderthal dinkthinking.

[edit on 11-13-2005 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Devilishkitty, are you Brazilian?
I'm stating to believe that you are a member of "Semeadores de Discordia", of some other disorder group.
Otherwise I'll keep LMAO because you are too closed minded that you can't simply accept other's opinion and, of course, keep saying the famous sentence:
"THEY DO NOT EXIST, TRUE UNTIL YOU PROVE FALSE!"

Btw, I'll just start to say the same,
"They do exist, true until you prove false!"
Easy, huh?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join