It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Debunked...Cow-Tippers Lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes, you heard me and this IS a conspiracy.

I lived on a cattle ranch and while I did see drunk cows, horses and chickens (chickens and beer makes for great entertainment)...I never once saw a cow tipped.

Oh, I HEARD about it though.

So many stories about "me and Jimmy-Joe-Billy-Bob went to old man whatever's place and we tipped Bessie right over for the heck of it."

Now, this matter has been scientifically debunked.

Cow-tipping myth hasn't got a leg to stand on

IT IS the kind of story you hear from a friend of a friend — how, after a long night in a rural hostelry and at a loss for entertainment in the countryside, they head out into a nearby field.

There, according to the second-hand accounts, they sneak up on an unsuspecting cow and turn the poor animal hoof over udder.

But now, much to the relief of dairy herds, the sport of cow-tipping has been debunked as an urban, or perhaps rural, myth by scientists at a Canadian university.

EXACTLY! Now read the rest and see for yourself.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

ps) And no more "ground beef" jokes thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I never could see how anyone ever believed it was even remotely possible to tip a cow.

I've been around livestock all my life, and from experience I can tell you, even the little ole calves are strong! And when you push, they push back! ( Ever watch a calf roping event in a rodeo??? Those muscle bound cowboys have their hands full trying to throw those babies!!)

[edit on 8-11-2005 by frayed1]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
you could have just asked me. About 20 some odd years ago, too much beer, Jack Daniels, and the availibility of cows led several of my friends to demonstrate their prowess by hurling themselves into cows. About the only thing that came out of this was a collection of bruises, a coating of cow dung, and a long walk home - no WAY was I going to let them in my car!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
When I was a lad of eight, our farmer neighbor and church member offered us a gallon of milk each day, but my mother would only accept if I could do something in return. So, it was determined that I would go each day out into the north pasture and herd the cattle into the south pasture through a lane alongside a cornfield, cut out the milk cows and herd them down to the barn to be milked. This was not the most difficult of tasks as cattle are creatures of habit and required little more that opening a couple of gates and giving the cattle adequate incentive to make the short trek.

One day, my dog, Jack, who accompanied me each day, decided to have some extracurricular fun and chase a calf around the pasture. When the calf ran directly into the herd which was waiting for me to open the gate, the entire herd started chasing Jack and Jack, being seriously frightened, ran toward me with the entire herd gaining speed.

When I realized what was happening, I took off for the corn field and, I swear, I leaped a four foot fence in a single bound. I learned a lot about cattle and cow pies in those days and I have never believed that anyone could ever tip a cow.

[edit on 2005/11/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I don't think so...

I've been out cow tipping plenty of times... You guys just don't understand English.

Cow Tipping Monkeys, not just for being up to no good anymore...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Funny story Grady.

My story of cow tipping. I used to be a camp counselor at a church camp in rural PA. A bunch of us decided that it would be fun to go cow tipping in the nearby field. Well, we started walking into the field and the cows started to walk toward us at increasing speed. Basically, the cows ran us out of the field. These were cows not bulls. One scary experience. Never wanted to go cow tipping ever again after that.

new topics

top topics

join