It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd base in middle of Australia with patterns everywhere?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Wig

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I wish people would not delete pictures they have linked to. There is no need to do this because the images will be there forever according to imageshack.

My suggestion if you don't want the image in your personal file then just upload it to imageshack as a guest instead of your personal collection.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Okay, just for your information, I did upload them as a guest and I never deleted them. I had no idea why they're not showing up.
Secondly, I posted a link to where the pictures are.
maps.google.com...,114.045510&spn=0.015009,0.027805&t=k&hl=en

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
So whats the verdict on this one? I also have images and a thread aboot this place.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The place literally is in the middle of knowhere. With very little civilian structures/housing anywhere. And how is it so well maintained and modernized when the AUS military says 4 personel are the only inhabitants. Please. You with Google earth check very closely and you will see all the signs of a very used Area 51 base but with an erie non occupied look. So lf Im to beleive the Military story that this Multi Billion $$$ facility/facilities was mothballed. Why? It looks to be the most modern base in Austrailia with surrounding facilities that echo Area 51 and Tonopah. We need a Aussie forum member to do some digging.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben94gt
I did a little bit more digging and came across this

"it is now known that the US base of West Cape, near Exmouth Gulf in Western Australia (Harold E. Holt USN Communication Station), has an older type of the transceiver used at Pine Gap which is used to send electric current to submerged US submarines who trail a wire antenna. It is known that electric currents transmitted in this way are referred to as plasmo-dynamic cells."

from this site: www.apfn.org...

dont know if this is the same site, or one of the bigger ones in a previous photo on this page, but interesting none the less

If you're counting on any other info from this site/poster to be accurate, you might want to rethink that, based on your quote from their site.

1) Pine Gap doesn't have an ELF transmitter. There are three sites, one primary and two backups that I know of. The nature of ELF transmissions enables any active site to cover the globe. You don't need or want subsidiary transmitters as some sort of "booster" station. An ELF transmitter has a characteristic appearance, this is not one.

2) ELF communication is unidirectional, due to physical constraints. Thus devices that use it to communicate to submarines aren't "transceivers". The term "transceiver" implies that it both transmits and receives. A submarine can't reply on ELF, thus the correct term would be "transmitter". Use of "transceiver" here tells you that the author doesn't have a clue.

3) "Electric currents" aren't sent to submarines. That would be "radio" or EM fields. Another indication the author is clueless.

4) A plasmodynamic cell is not a radio transmission. It is a localized phenomenon in flowing plasma; the term is also sometimes used for a test chamber for doing plasma experiments. Actually, that statement from APFN is a lot like saying "Signals sent to submarines are called Hostess Fruit Pies", not only is it agrammatical, it is absurdly incorrect. Plasmodynamics is the study of the physical properties of plasmas of specifiable structures and characteristics. It is not a radio transmission.

In general, I don't see a lot of correct data at APFN.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Pine Gap is at 23*47'54.86" S - 133*44'11.92" E and in the Northern Territory.

These are in Western Australia. I originally thought the pictures might be of the Argyle mine but it is North West Cape, a US military base. There has been some UFO's seen there, here's a bit of info-
www.ufoevidence.org...

FATMAN

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that this is just an LF or MF antenna tower associated with Holt. Holt has a huge array of comm equipment all over the area there, from the big VLF-LF array on the end of the point (NOT ELF) to a squad of medium wave towers and HF towers. And they all, all of them, look just like the site you found.

I've found three or four of Holt's other comm towers just poking around in Google maps, and have a side shot photo from Boeing (they run the entire installation) showing what one of those mystic crop circle things looks like from the side. It's towers and guy wires...the scrawly looking thing in the middle are the base of the tower, transmitter shacks and access roads. The circles are rings of guys. The radial spokes are (usually) the guy wire paths. Some are access roads to the stuff in the middle.

This would go along with:
1) the location
2) the appearance from overhead
3) the fact that not many people are stationed there
4) it looks deserted...this stuff rarely breaks down and it's boring as hell

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I found this link on the web..pretty interesting

www.foe.org.au...

In part it says that Pine Gap is being used because the US are actively working towards complete domination of space as a war fighting zone by 2020. By controlling surveillance in space, the US can effectively control the planet.

I can believe this but could it also be used in housing U.F.O's because so many are seen in the Aussie Outback.

What are others opinions of this???

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
[3) "Electric currents" aren't sent to submarines. That would be "radio" or EM fields. Another indication the author is clueless.

Infrasonic sound is used to communicate with submarines, it is the only thing that get's trough when a sub is deep underwater. Radio and "EM fields" are useless.

Unless they let antenna buoy's float to the surface to pick up radio. That can get you caught ofcourse, and you have to slow down or stop.

It may even be ultrasonic sound that can be hold responsible for the deaths of many wales. People usually blame sonar, however wales can hear infrasonic sound and use it for communication. How would you like it if someone blew a foghorn next to your ears? Not to mention that it could rupture membranes in their bodies directly.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by reallynobody

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
[3) "Electric currents" aren't sent to submarines. That would be "radio" or EM fields. Another indication the author is clueless.

Infrasonic sound is used to communicate with submarines, it is the only thing that get's trough when a sub is deep underwater. Radio and "EM fields" are useless.

Unless they let antenna buoy's float to the surface to pick up radio. That can get you caught ofcourse, and you have to slow down or stop.

It may even be ultrasonic sound that can be hold responsible for the deaths of many wales. People usually blame sonar, however wales can hear infrasonic sound and use it for communication. How would you like it if someone blew a foghorn next to your ears? Not to mention that it could rupture membranes in their bodies directly.

You're quite incorrect here. Infrasonic sound is not used for or by submarines.

You're apparently also mangling low frequency sonar (LFAS) and higher frequency sonars in a submarines acoustic suite. A towed LFAS such as SURTASS is not infrasonic either. Infrasonic would have to be less than 20 Hz. SURTASS is 50-250Hz, a deep bass at the bottom end but definitely not infrasonic. SURTASS in specific, and LFAS in general, are used to search for submarines at great distances using sound channels, which is where you may have gotten confused.

Sub sonars are typically around 1KHz for tactical sonars, and >10KHz for object search sonars such as mine hunting sonar or ice depth sonar. Mine hunting sonar may actually BE ultrasonic, that would be a sonar operating over 20KHz. The higher the frequency, the more resolution a sonar has, but the shorter the distance it can operate over.

So, infrasonic is definitely NOT ultrasonic, in fact they are opposites. Sound is also not radio (all radio is an EM field), a trivial sounding fact that seems to baffle a certain contingent, just in case you were wondering. A 1KHz radio signal is not audible, for example.

Submarines mount communication buoys as you have possibly seen on movies (remember a lot of the movies you see, "Crimson Tide" being a prime example, are not at all accurate). However, communication buoys are not used until the submarine knows a communication is pending.

The US (and Russia) use ELF to address deeply submerged submarines. The maximum modulation rate at the frequencies we use is quite slow, so the communications sent over ELF are short predetermined code sequences. As the sub comes shallow, it can switch to VLF and receive communications at a slightly higher rate, or the code sequence may instruct them to deploy a buoy or come shallow enough to raise an EM mast. Think "periscope" with antennas on it.

You're trying to teach your granny to suck eggs here. I've got a bachelors in physics, a masters in EE comm theory and working on my PhD in the computational physics of underwater acoustics. Not to mention nearly 20 years working as a defense contractor. Don't make me pull out Maxwell on ya. There are at least three methods for receiving ELF at depth that are in use even as we speak.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
what about this?
there's also a picture in panoramio
put in the research:
"Tower Zero, Harold E. Holt Naval Communication Station"
this is hexagonal with regular triangles drawn inside..
it's northern than the circular one right on the cape..

sorry but a idon't know how to put the direct link on google maps..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join