It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd base in middle of Australia with patterns everywhere?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Wha?!
Isn't hear any towns.

Aircraft stamps?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
where exactly IS this?

Do you have a url or a name of a town or somewhere you actually got these pictures?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Where is it located? Could it be a facility near Woomera?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I found it in Google Earth.
Hold on and I'll try getting to it in Google Maps.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
it's probably pine gap, pine gap is a united states base in the australian outback, many things are rumoured to go down at PG and i think the us and aussie governments deny it's even there, well they atleast deny that it's a major underground base (well theyre not going to admit it are they).

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
While looking for it I found the devil face in the water. :O
Devil Face (in the middle of the page).

here's the base.

Seems to be a military airfield near by, and no it's not Pine Gap. Pine Gap is in Alice Springs and in between a mountain range.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
without a latitude/longitude thingit's impossible from those maps to show where it is.

it could be pine gap , because when you zoom out there's no arrow to verify anything/

are you able to get those figures?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I can tell you right now that it isn't Pine Gap, so we can move on from that.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Obvious perimeter fence line.

Seems strange to have that for a single building.

Underground complex perhaps?

It does not look like any sort of farming facility.

Wig

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hi,

What was that about a devils face? I can see the pic, (half green half red) it is a pic of a coastline. Do you mean the contour of the coastline looks like a face sillouhette, with the water inlet as the mouth. THe headland of land south is the chin and above the mouth is a small nose?

Interesting base you found.......guys, I found that using the zoom out feature a number of times you can see this base is in Western Australia near Learmonth. It is about 25miles north of Learmonth.

[edit: Actually it is a few miles south of Learmonth, Learmonth looks like the place with the large airport/base just north of this place.

This circular place looks quite small. in comparison.

Additional: The large Airport is next to Learmonth and is called YPLM classed as military/civillian

www.fallingrain.com...

It could be linked to this Waypoint LM007 (007 ROFL)

www.fallingrain.com...

[edit on 6/11/2005 by Wig]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Actually, it looks rather like that new power thing they were talking about constructing in Australia somewhere.

Supposed to be a Km high tower in the center.
Sorry I can't provide more info, but as far as looking at it from the top down goes, with the circular shape and thing in the middle, it looks like some pics I remember seeing...

EDIT:

Well, it may not be what it is, but it did remind me of the pics I saw, here's some links I found on it,

www.cbc.ca...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.theage.com.au...

[edit on 6/11/05 by Jorik]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ok, here's what I dug up.
The airfield just a few kilometres north of that pattern is Learmonth Airport, not a military facility but just a regional airfield servicing the town of Exmouth. I'm sure that the airport has an emergency capability for the Air Force too though, as it looks like it has some air force style aircraft shelters.
Here's a map of the Pilbara region to get your bearings, including Exmouth and Learmonth Airport. Learmonth has a radar nearby that is part of the Bureau of Meteorology, this location of which (and the current weather) is shown on this map here.

Now I apologize, but I'm not really sure how to link to places on Google Maps very well, so this is a first attempt. Nventual, there is a similar installation just north of the Exmouth township here.
There is another one even more north, and much bigger, right near the tip of North West Cape.
With the combination of the Airfield and the Bureau of Meteorolory stuff up there, I'd conclude that both the pattern you found and the ones I did are part of a radar system/defense installation. Anyone in agreement?

Unrelated, but of interest is the Learmonth Solar Observatory nearby. According to the Australian Government IPS (The Australian Space Weather Agency) the Learmonth Observatory is also part of the Global Oscillation Network Group (GONG) and is jointly operated by the US Air Force.

EDIT: Removed incorrect info on Learmonth Solar Observatory.

[edit on 6/11/2005 by 4for4]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Sorry to double post!

Jorik: That was really good thinking! When the solar chimney actually gets built I'm quite sure it would actually look a lot like that from above (but a lot more shiny!).
The solar chimney is going to be built 25km north of Mildura.

The pattern we're looking at is roughly a few thousand kilometres west and north of Mildura.

(this is a much bigger map pointing out Mildura and if you look to the far west of Australia you will see North West Cape, just above the Tropic of Capricorn)

ALSO (can't shut me up tonight!) this is Pine Gap on Google Maps. Zoom out to see how close it really is to Alice Springs.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have a big old map of Australia made in 1980 up on the wall in front of me. Below Exmouth is a little dot that reads "Learmonth U.S Navy Communications Stn."

Might be worth doing a bit more digging.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I did a little bit more digging and came across this

"it is now known that the US base of West Cape, near Exmouth Gulf in Western Australia (Harold E. Holt USN Communication Station), has an older type of the transceiver used at Pine Gap which is used to send electric current to submerged US submarines who trail a wire antenna. It is known that electric currents transmitted in this way are referred to as plasmo-dynamic cells."

from this site: www.apfn.org...

dont know if this is the same site, or one of the bigger ones in a previous photo on this page, but interesting none the less

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
There was a whole thread on the solar towers last year.

So Harold Holt got something named after him did he?

I mean other than the "the irony is so blinding I'm ignoring it" Haold Holt Memorial Swimming Pool in Prahran.

The first photo, with the circlular access road made me think of the original Wurzburg radar recon pictures from WW2. Well, just a little.

I think the Northwest Cape would be a far better location for the solar tower than the Sunraysia. The only problem is the new lines you would have to run to transport the power.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I am pretty sure the photo's are of the Argyle Diamond mines.

Just for the record, the US base Pine Gap is located near Alice Springs in the Northern Territory.

FATMAN

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Weeeeird. Reminds me of a lot of crop circles I've seen.

BTW, here's the "demon faces" the thread starter was referring to.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Here's a little bit on how to decypher whats in the url of a webpage:
maps.google.com...,114.142456&spn=0.060045,0.111219&t=k&hl=en
the "ll=-22.338446,114.045510" part is the Latitude/longitude
So by posting the link to the page he unwittingly gave you the LL.

goto earth.google.com, download the client
copy and paste -22.338446,114.045510
takes ya right there

Also, at if you zoom out and go to up you'll see a hexagon with a little hexagon inside it and 6 lines coming from the center going toward the outter hexagon's vertices.
Reminds me of a gemoetry problem i saw back in highschool.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Not sure if this is true or not. I believe it may be a facility that has something to do with a mission that closely relates to "Satellite imagery".

Although I admit there was some speculation as to what it may be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join