It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weather weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
is the gov. using weather weapons. there is a story that a few years ago some high up Gen. didnt want the vaction he was on to be ruined by rain so HAARP killed off a rain storm heading to Fla. that smart move started a 2 year long drout on the east coast.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I wouldn't be a bit surprised, in 1947, the goverment was giving serious thought to using A-Bombs to break up huricanes

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
thats a bit drastic, isn't it?

but at the same time sounds like the ultimate face off

nature versus mans worst creation

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hehe, wait till Dragonrider sees this thread....

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
LOL, Gaz, you reading my mind or what???

Well, HAARP can and does manipulate weather. There is a good deal of evidence that it had a lot to do with diminishing Hurricane Isabel from a category 5 down to a category 2, when it was over very warm water and should have been gaining strength.

However, I also believe that HAARP is being used for other purposes, and the attendant weather and seismic activities are unintended side effects (although it should say something about the people using HAARP to continue with thier operations with full knowledge of such side effects).

I have not heard the story of the general, and frankly seriously doubt it, as HAARP is controlled far higher up than a single general could control for such reasons. I DID hear that something similar did happen in Moscow however, and they even reported it in the news.

As far as the use of nuclear weapons in a hurricane, it wouldnt be effective, simply because a hurricane (on average around 200-300 miles in diameter) has far too much mass and area to affect. The best you could hope to accomplish is to spread radioactive fallout all over a VERY wide area...

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
just an observation, but wouldnt the goverment want to upgrade Isabel, so that the fema protocols would be issued??

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedy_sid
just an observation, but wouldnt the goverment want to upgrade Isabel, so that the fema protocols would be issued??

Would have been an absolute waste of effort. A hurricane is too localized to trigger the FEMA protocols. Increasing its strength artificially would only have caused massive destruction which the gov would have had to pay for anyway. it still wouldnt have been of a scale that would have justified the FEMA protocols.

Any day that the FEMA protocols are triggered, it will be a disturbance, natural or artificial, of such scale as to affect the entire country.

top topics

join