It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A super-sized bird in Alaska (done - nine years later)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
im sorry, but one of those birds has a 6 or 7 foot wingspan, and the other 3 are well known fakes, debunked here many times.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Maybe its a wayward Giant Condor. Condor's have a huge wingspan. Much larger then an Eagle.

This is jst what I was thinking about.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I saw a special about this on PBS a while back

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame

Originally posted by robertfenix
Maybe its a wayward Giant Condor. Condor's have a huge wingspan. Much larger then an Eagle.

This is jst what I was thinking about.

yes, i wouldnt be surbtised if it was a condor..

it would be sweet if it was a unknown speices

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberSoldat5
u guys are so stupid you believe every single # on internet,yous are as stupid as the poeple that make those webpages!!!

HAHAHAAHAHAJ

I guess my local ABC affiliate must be stupid too because they reported on the local news here.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Outsized' animals are not uncommon it could be such a creature. There is also the tearing of the so-called realm curtain which may let through all sorts of strange beasts like the chupa for example.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Outsized' animals are not uncommon it could be such a creature. There is also the tearing of the so-called realm curtain which may let through all sorts of strange beasts like the chupa for example.

Yes,I believe that some of these creatures can shift in and out through portals from one dimension into another.That is why BigFoot/Yeti,Loch Ness,and the like are basically able to vanish.There's a ranch in Utah that is said to house one of these portals,and it has been reporting all sorts of bizarre creatures for years that materialize and then vanish.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
^ I heard about that place. People even reported seeing Velicoraptors in the dark, and all sorts of weird things.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I remember being really impressed by this picture, but alas, it was a hoax...well debunked and researched... I think skepdic.com has a good story on it...under the Thunderbird entry.....

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
aha! I knew I saw this on PBS

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Thatoneguy]

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Thatoneguy]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It was in 2002 if you look and its a load of rubbish!

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There have been legends throughout history about giant birds/dragons from ancient China, Europe, and America. Many societies/cultures seem to believe that these creatures exist as fact. In my experience, legends are usually grounded in facts. Alaska/Siberia are pretty wild places, discovering a new species (or a very old one) isn't impossible-in fact it happens more often than you think.

Here's an example....

www.altonweb.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
why would you guys doubt something like this really happening i know youre all down for those bus size catfish. i mean i think this is something of the mere future, you know, beast returning to their original sizes.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
could it be this

img259.imageshack.us...

this bird was found in the 1940s in canada and is said to be one of three that was sighted at the time by fishermen.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Could be one of the birds they used in the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King movie. Remember those huge eagles? A bird of this size could easily make a trip from Alaska to New Zealand. Does anyone know what happened to those birds after they filmed the movie? Have they let them out or maybe given to a zoo or something?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluecollar
maybe an albatross?

www.swishweb.com...

i was thinking that, wingspan of up to 11.5 feet but could be bigger.. the only problem is they are very easy to identify and i doubt from all the reported sightings that at least one person didnt recognise it as an albatross.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Last reply seven years ago..

As for that picture of the thunderbird, is fake. You should check this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WideOpenSpace
Could be one of the birds they used in the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King movie. Remember those huge eagles? A bird of this size could easily make a trip from Alaska to New Zealand. Does anyone know what happened to those birds after they filmed the movie? Have they let them out or maybe given to a zoo or something?

ahhh. your kidding ..right?!?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My money is that this thing was a Steller's Sea Eagle. They can have a wingspan of up to three meters, and live in northeastern Asia.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Josh Gates w/ Destination Truth could go and investigate to see what it is...

<< 1    3 >>

join