It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Citizens Lining Up - Happy To Spy For America'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Going on this it looks like every one is being watched,
Here comes the start of a police state??????

An army of volunteers is lining up behind President George W Bush in his attempt to build an American "home guard" against terror, ignoring the protests of civil liberties groups who have criticised the plan as granting the state a licence to snoop.

www.rense.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well, I guess it's ok for folks to volunteer and report stuff, but do we really need the masses trying to be jr. James Bond types? Could you imagine the implications of fringe group A deciding another fringe group B was up to no good. Then group B decides that A is after them when it was really group C all the while. This could get a bit complicated

By the way I usually take stuff from Rense with a grain of salt.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
A ...b...c...mixed up already!!!!

Yea this reece stuff tends to be a bit out there...
But maybe just a little truth in it here and there..
Just got to figure ot what bits....lol.....

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
dunno if people know bout this ... but sometime's rense post's a link at the bottom of the story to other site's that they got the story from ...

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2002/07/21/wsnoop21.xml&sSh%20eet=/news/2002/07/21/ixworld.html

Just pointing something out

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well least they did not make it up lol

thanks for pointing that out

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Did everyone read that book? If not, get 2.50 american from your mom, and head down to the local bookstore.
In Fahrenheit 451 it talks about neighbors spying on neighbors. Remember the main character, Montag was caught with books becuase his WIFE blew the whistle on him. Now, I'm no genius...but if we do things like this, we get closer and closer to a Fahrenheit 451 society, And I'll be honest, it scares the # outta me. That's it. Peace.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I don't think the article (from July) has a correct handle on anything like the 'warm reception' that T.I.P.S. has supposedly received, but it does point out the style in which a program of stool pigeons and informants is meant to work.

" Many liberal commentators have drawn parallels with the climate of fear and suspicion during the McCarthy purges of suspected Communists and Soviet sympathisers in the 1950s. "

I have pointed out before, this rubbish is not McCarthyist tactics at all - it's pure Stalinist tactics.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I really hope that a Mcarthy-esq witch hunt doesn't happen, that would suck.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Gee none of you people ever live in a small town?

Isn't that what goes on there every day anyways?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I always thought we were headed for a Farenheit 451 or 1984 type society. Sounds like the thought police are out on patrol...

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
More polarization for a Titor-style civil war...

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This sounds like it has the potential to go very very wrong! But I Guess we�ll just have to wait and see! You never know the public Masses might prove me wrong! (here�s hoping!)

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ohh thats sooo annoying when someones post repeats 3 times...

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
LOL well im probably one of the most nosiest people in my neighborhood here in Tulsa,Ok. I spend alotta time outdoors because im into astronomy,but im always breaking out my binocs as well and checkinout what the neighbors are doing in the daytime. Me and my roomates are probably the youngest people on the block *ahem* early 30's, but i have always been one nosey mofo.................what id really like is one of those shotgun microphones and see what i can listen to............scanners used to rock listening to their cordless phone conversations a few years back till it went 900mhz, but i guess i need to upgrade to some new equipment this christmas.

Dear Santa,

Id like a night vision scope and lots of surprises!

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm leaving the country. This isn't the America I grew up in and I don't want my kids to have anything to do with such an Orwellian society.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
McCarthy tactics? there liberals go again: use one lie as a foundation for another.

Anway - the teamsters were offering to help with TIPS. So, the liberals are just pissed that their labor unions are siding with a republican which equates to less vote for them. Same thing happened in the 80's with Reagan.

But, look at that Telegraph story again: "Filed: 21/07/2002" (I don't think that TIPS stuff went very far anyway) But, if I suspect terrorism, I'll just ignore the would be terrorists and neglect to contact the authorities...wouldn't want to rile the liberal commentators now would I.

Oh and colonel: buh -bye.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88

Oh and colonel: buh -bye.

See ya! Like I've said, this country is looking like a bad sci-fi negative utopia novel and I don't think there's any hope. Bush sank it too far down the toilet. I think its game over, dude. Stay and dirve your SUV. I'll be chillin with family in the South Seas.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
hey colonel, if i was you id leave too. dont want your kids turning you in for any anti-government statements that you may mutter and neither would i. (i seem to mutter alot of anti-gov statements for some reason...)

im thinking about getting some night vision equipent and some cool ninja booties just so i can evade the damn neighbors. yep, my whole family will wear nightvision cause i dont want anybody using their binoculars to look into my house at night. if the lights are off inside, nothing for them to see here.

extreme? not as extreme as having millions line up to be spies for the damn government. whats going on?!

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm leaving the country. This isn't the America I grew up in and I don't want my kids to have anything to do with such an Orwellian society.

Would you like help packing Mr. Depp?

Kiddin' Colonel...The nice thing about America, is we (somewhat) have the power to change this...lets at least try first before moving, shall we? Lets start by putting Shrub out of the White House...

Titor-like war... Oh boy, let's leave Time-Travellin' John out of this one, huh?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
One only has to look at the incident involving the three premed students who following 9/11, were turned in for planning attacks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join